SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Question performace on secondary channels: gem, one, mate

Hi everyone, i recently found sageTV and im really loving how fast it is compared to other media solutions i have tried. My system scans all the channels and i have a very good signal for all. The only problem im having is off shoot channels such as gem, one and mate seem to have a weird frame rate issue where the audio is fine but the picture isnt smooth like the other main channels.
As far as i can tell these channels are not HD and shouldn't be using more then my system can handle.

Is anyone else having this issue? If so what did you do to correct this?
The only solution i can think of is a more powerful PC and i dont really want to spend alot more cash for a couple of channels that dont run quite as smooth as others.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Some of the channels you've listed as having an issue with are HD ( One is definitely HD and GEM is using an old nominated HD Channel - Or at least they are in Canberra ).

So the problem could be a video codec, graphics/device driver or possibly hardware related issue. Do you have the same issue when you view the channels outside of SageTV using whatever tools came with your H/W ?

Cheers

Peter
Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the info peter. before i started using sage TV i was using media portal. althou very slow and clunky it played all the channels smoothly once they were playing. i have also tested sage tv on my more powerful desktop and the problem channels are running well. I would love it to be something like a codec im missing etc but i just dont know what it could be.

the media PC im using is the shuttle XS35GT.
i have upgraded the HDD to a vertex 3 SSD so performance and speed is actually fairly good.

i might try install sage TV on the original HDD over the weekend and see if im having the same issues with the problem channels. ill let you know how it goes.

thanks
Old 06-19-2011, 06:21 PM

problem solved

well on the weekend, i put in the old harddrive to find the whole computer ran much slower. the channels i was having issues with ran even worse. so i went back to the SSD and went in and tweeked the sage tv video settings and my own video card settings. after some trial and error i now have all the channels running smoothly.
im really impressed with sage tv how well it handles such a basic PC.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:22 AM

I have been experiencing the same problems with those channels here in Canberra.
I woudl appreciate if you coudl provide me with the 'tweeks' you did on SageTV and your video card to get things working.

It feels as though the problem started a few months agoa nd been getting increasingly worse.

Thanks
Paul