SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Sage Icon

You'll have to give a bit more of a hint. Seeing all the Fanart where?

John
Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 AM
SageTVaholic

When you go to View/Edit Fanart the options that you get are Posters, Backgrounds and Banners. But there is no option to view the episode fanart which supersedes Poster or Background when it exists.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Sage Icon

I'll have a look at adding that.

John
Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Will you be there in case it breaks? :)

Hey John, I've been meaning to ask you this since the Google acquisition...

As you know, SageTV IMDB queries isn't something that will work indefinitely without minor updates to CMT once in a while. Are your plans to stick with sageTV as long as your setup works? CMT and BMT are the only two plugins I really worry about; since none of the other plugins I use depend on other websites. I'm just hoping you and Sean will be there just in case IMDB/TVDB/TMDB/mymovies change their website formats. I'm guessing IMDB search feature is most vulnerable.

-MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

For some reason my option to read/write metadata is not there. The options in the metadata section of setup aren't helping. Am I missing something? IMDB won't let me save data either.

I had to install the phoenix for malore to get the option back.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Are your plans to stick with sageTV as long as your setup works?
I have no plans of going anywhere. The Google acquisition hasn't stopped my SageTV system from working and it's still the best thing available. I can't see that changing in the foreseeable future. The 7.1.9 release fixed the only remaining issues I had with 7.1 and now that the beta cycle has ended I've been tidying up the little things that have been irritating me and maybe some others in my plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
For some reason my option to read/write metadata is not there. The options in the metadata section of setup aren't helping. Am I missing something? IMDB won't let me save data either.

I had to install the phoenix for malore to get the option back.
I'm not sure which option to read/write metadata you're talking about.

Make sure these plugins are:
installed/enabled - CMT, Phoenix Fanart for SageTV
uninstalled/disabled - RW Metadata, IMDB Search, Phoenix Fanart for SageTV V7, Phoenix Fanart for Malore Menus.

John
Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I am having a similar problem to the above. With CMT enabled I do not get a Manage Metadata mune item. But when I disable CMT and enable RW Metadata then I do get his option.

I have enabled/disabled the plugins listed above.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am having a similar problem to the above. With CMT enabled I do not get a Manage Metadata mune item. But when I disable CMT and enable RW Metadata then I do get his option.

I have enabled/disabled the plugins listed above.
Are you on 7.1.9? I think I recall that my manage meta data options were missing on 7.1.7 until I upgraded.

J
Old 07-24-2011, 08:03 AM
SageTVaholic

No I never did the last upgrade. I guess I will have to try that.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Installed and Used CMT to change the Title & Episode of some shows in order to group them together for the wife (9/11 Remembered).

Worked kinda.

What I see now is when another airing of the show (SHO no EP showids), the Title/Episode get changed back. If I manage metadata again on the show, it shows what I changed it to prior so only have to enter SAVE and it is back as I tried to make it.

Think it is getting changed because of the SHO showid?
How would I go about "breaking/redefining" the Showid so that I don't have to keep going back and re-Saving?

Any thoughts/ideas?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Think it is getting changed because of the SHO showid?
If there's an EPG update for the same showid then it will get changed to what's in the latest EPG entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
How would I go about "breaking/redefining" the Showid so that I don't have to keep going back and re-Saving?

Any thoughts/ideas?
You could try using BMT to change it from being a recorded show to an imported video, then change it from an imported video back to a recording. That should give it a unique showid and your changes should stick.

John
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

Recently, the "Episodes" item seems to have gone missing from the IMDB Lookup TV entries on the plug-in.

Last edited by phelme; 01-18-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Recently, the "Episodes" item seems to have gone missing from the IMDB Lookup TV entries on the plug-in.
You're right. I'll have a look at it.

John
Old 01-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
IMDB have done a major change to their episode pages, so it will require a bit of time to get it going again.

John
Old 01-22-2012, 03:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
IMDB have done a major change to their episode pages, so it will require a bit of time to get it going again.

John

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

I've had a look at the new IMDB episode pages and they don't even work properly when using a browser.

I suspect they have a bit more work to do on the redesign. There's been no comment from IMDB about the redesign, but there's plenty of users complaining about the usablity of the new design though.

I'll look at it agin when things have settled down.

John
Old 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Metadata noob here...

I recently had a server crash and had to reinstall Sage and all the plugins and everything. I never had any metadata/fanart stuff before, but because of the merging of IMDB search (which we can't live without) and the disabling of the IMDB plugin, I now have CMT installed.

I did this several week ago. Just in the last week or so, all of a sudden I am getting automatic population of metadata, art, etc., on all my DVDs, videos, etc. AFAIK (unless someone hit a random sequence of buttons accidentally), nothing changed with my setup, so I don't know why this suddenly happened.

I now have wrong/incorrect thumbnails for DVDs, incorrect labeling, etc. (example, I had named the DVDs "Spider Man II" and "III" but the search requires "2" and "3", so it renamed it them both as "Spider Man" - so I now have three "Spider Mans".)

It's also overwriting youtube videos that I have saved for my daughter - example, a Sesame Street song clip called "Dirt" was overwritten with metadata and fanart from the TV series "Dirt". WAF goes down, down, down...

Simple questions:
1) Why did this suddenly happen (weeks after I installed CMT)?
2) How do I shut off automatic searching/tagging and make it so that I can do it manually when I add something new (if I so desire)?

Also, when I go in to edit the metadata and search through the various art choices (posters, thumbnails, backgrounds, etc.), the file I manually added to each DVD (folder.jpg) is listed there under the last choice (I can't remember which that is, I'm at work). This is not what shows in my menus, though. The choice above that (posters, perhaps?) is where the art shows up - often up to 6 of them - and the first one is the "default" that is showing in my menus. Sometimes - and sometimes not - my "folder.jpg" shows as the last of the art options here. But when I click on that file and set it to be the default, it does not change. The only way to get my file to be the thumbnail on the screen is to manually delete all the other files that were downloaded. Is this a glitch (that the "make default" doesn't work)? Or I need to restart or something?

Thanks.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
1) Why did this suddenly happen (weeks after I installed CMT)?
I suspect that at least the Phoenix Fanart plugin has been installed in that time, otherwise you wouldn't be getting the different fanart displayed.
Quote:
2) How do I shut off automatic searching/tagging and make it so that I can do it manually when I add something new (if I so desire)?
CMT doesn't do any automatic fetching of fanart or updating on metadata. It's quite a process to get it to update more than a single item at a time, so it's not something that you could select in error. It's probably BMT that's doing it. BMT will automatically download fanart/metadata if "phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled=true" in Sage.properties. Change it to "phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled=false" and it won't fetch any fanart/metadata.

Quote:
But when I click on that file and set it to be the default, it does not change. The only way to get my file to be the thumbnail on the screen is to manually delete all the other files that were downloaded. Is this a glitch (that the "make default" doesn't work)? Or I need to restart or something?
I've also noticed that setting the default image is not working. stuckless is going to have a look at the phoenix code that handles that next time he does some work on the phoenix code.

John
Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I suspect that at least the Phoenix Fanart plugin has been installed in that time, otherwise you wouldn't be getting the different fanart displayed.
I do have Phoenix Fanart but it was installed at the same time that everything else was installed. I had it on the previous Sage installation and there was never any fetching, just replacement of the photo in the "information" screen (which I expected).

Quote:
CMT doesn't do any automatic fetching of fanart or updating on metadata. It's quite a process to get it to update more than a single item at a time, so it's not something that you could select in error. It's probably BMT that's doing it.
I don't have BMT... just checked. The only plugins I have that are related to this sort of thing are Phoenix Fanart and CMT. Interesting....

Quote:
BMT will automatically download fanart/metadata if "phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled=true" in Sage.properties. Change it to "phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled=false" and it won't fetch any fanart/metadata.
Thanks, I will do that as soon as all my wife's stuff stops recording tonight. But if Phoenix only downloads it and doesn't replace it, I'm curious what caused it all to get replaced.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Is anyone else seeing failed lookups lately? I've found that numerous searches for listed actors or info on recorded shows have been failing in the past week or so. However, if I try running the search a second time, it usually works. Curious if I'm the only one experiencing this. I didn't check the logs yet, but will do so tonight.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7