SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

Plugin: Complementary Metadata Tool (CMT)

Added to the repository a new plugin "Complementary Metadata Tool (CMT)" which among other things is a merging of the existing IMDB Search plugin and the RW Metadata plugin.

This new plugin is compatible with SageTV 7.1.5+

The current IMDB Search and RW Metadata plugins are still compatible with SageTV 7.0 and up to 7.1.5 (now). Obviously, only either the new plugin, or the old plugins should be enabled in 7.1.5

This new plugin is also a dependency of a couple of other new plugins "Phoenix Fanart for SageTV" and "Upcoming Movies 2"

John
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

Great. Consolidation is good. I went ahead and made the plugin change. I was wondering why the versioning on the old plugins was a bit strange yesterday.

FYI. I'm still having the issue on my HD300 of IMDB bio pics being scaled incorrectly. I went ahead and threw away my old properties file, started fresh, but the bloated and cropped images still appear. I tried both with and without the Diamond plugin, no change.

I looked at the fetched bio images in the GeneratedThumbnails cache and they are correct.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the render. From looking at the log of a client (where it works correctly) I see this:

Code:
Thu 4/21 16:02:48.077 [FinalRender-SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI@159e1a3] Loading RawImage of size 100x140 for http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM5MDMxMjM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA3Nzc5MQ@@._V1._SX100_SY140_.jpg
I'm assuming "_SX100_SY140_" is what's important.

If you want, I can get the log off the HD300 itself, though I understand there is a bit of a trick to it.
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL
Old 04-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Sage Icon

I've looked again at how those pictures are displayed and they're set to maintain aspect ratio and shrink to fit. Can you take photo of what it looks like. Either that, or I'm going to be forced to buy an HD300 and I don't think that will go down too well.

John
Old 04-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

JREkiwi,

Does this plugin give me the ability to automatically create property files for them by fetching metadata from websites when doing an imported video scan?
Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Sage Icon

No, you want BMT for that, just make sure that you have "Update .properties when changed" checked in the BMT SageTV Metadata settings.

John
Old 04-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've looked again at how those pictures are displayed and they're set to maintain aspect ratio and shrink to fit. Can you take photo of what it looks like.
Two examples. Looks like the images are just cropped now. Sometimes they seemed stretched. Probably depends on the original.

The original from IMDB: what I see:

The original from IMDB: what I see:
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders

Last edited by phelme; 04-24-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: IMDB
Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Two examples. Looks like the images are just cropped now. Sometimes they seemed stretched. Probably depends on the original.
What firmware are you running on your HD300? I've just checked on one that's using 20110217-2 and I'm not seeing the problem.

John
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
What firmware are you running on your HD300? I've just checked on one that's using 20110217-2 and I'm not seeing the problem.

John
I believe I have the latest beta. I'll double check.

I also tried removing every other UI Mod to check for interference and it still happens.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

John
I have the same firmware version.

Could it have anything to do with output resolution? This is running on a TV that only does 1920x1080i (though "Window" says 1280x720 in System Information, not sure what that's about).

Last edited by phelme; 04-25-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have the same firmware version.
Now I'm really at a loss as to why it's not working for you. What other UI mod plugins are you running?

Quote:
Could it have anything to do with output resolution? This is running on a TV that only does 1920x1080i (though "Window" says 1280x720 in System Information, not sure what that's about).
That's the same resolution I checked at. The window resolution is the resolution of the SageTV UI, 1280x720 is the max resolution for the UI on an HD300 as opposed to the video resolution, so that's normal.

John
Old 04-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Now I'm really at a loss as to why it's not working for you. What other UI mod plugins are you running?
and the odd thing is the plugins are shared with the server too, whose client works fine.

here are my UI plugins:

Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Question Hassle-free way to change user-defined default fanart images : CMT/Metadata editor

Since it seems that there's a developer on the Diamond plugin team that doesnt want to support cycling of beautiful fanart background images (even though already downloaded on our hard drives from BMT/phoenix). The latest latest Upcoming Movies 2 and even older generation school SageMC cycle/cycled through images beautifully and extremely quickly; not even at fulll 1080p full resolution on PC on HDTV displays!! Thanks so much for the latest performance enhancement under Upcoming Movies 2; and LOVE cycling of these images on extenders and full-res 1080p PC clients VERY quickly (which otherwise, I would never be able to see otherwise).

Since we're limited to only one background image with Diamond under both TV and Imported Videos; and, in several cases the nicest image isnt used; many users may want to to manually choose the best single image out of the bunch of images exposed in CMT "Manage Metadata/View-Edit Fan Art for this Item", Upcoming Movies 2, or the phoenix Centeral fanart TV/Movie sub-folders themselves.

Maybe you wouldnt mind testing this to see if there's a way to get these user-defined default images to appear immediate after pressing "close" in CMT "Mange Metadata/View-Edit Fan Art for this Item" (after the user select the best default backgrounds/posters) and going to the diamond Video imports menu directly after to see the changes. This would really make the editing portion very useful; particularly for Diamond.

Thanks for all your continued support John!!

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Since it seems that there's a developer on the Diamond plugin team that doesnt want to support cycling of beautiful fanart background images (even though already downloaded on our hard drives from BMT/phoenix). The latest latest Upcoming Movies 2 and even older generation school SageMC cycle/cycled through images beautifully and extremely quickly; not even at fulll 1080p full resolution on PC on HDTV displays!! Thanks so much for the latest performance enhancement under Upcoming Movies 2; and LOVE cycling of these images on extenders and full-res 1080p PC clients VERY quickly (which otherwise, I would never be able to see otherwise).

Since we're limited to only one background image with Diamond under both TV and Imported Videos; and, in several cases the nicest image isnt used; many users may want to to manually choose the best single image out of the bunch of images exposed in CMT "Manage Metadata/View-Edit Fan Art for this Item", Upcoming Movies 2, or the phoenix Centeral fanart TV/Movie sub-folders themselves.

Maybe you wouldnt mind testing this to see if there's a way to get these user-defined default images to appear immediate after pressing "close" in CMT "Mange Metadata/View-Edit Fan Art for this Item" (after the user select the best default backgrounds/posters) and going to the diamond Video imports menu directly after to see the changes. This would really make the editing portion very useful; particularly for Diamond.

Thanks for all your continued support John!!

-Michael
He has no control over diamonds caching fo make it show instantly in diamond and i doubt he wants to add our API to the mix. And for the record BMt only downloads one fanart for me because I set it that way. It is not that I don't want to support multiple fan arts as much as we all use extenders mostly and we code the best performance we can for that. Also it would take a complete rewrite of our caching code to handle mutiple fan arts and this is not high on the priority list as function to us right now.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
He has no control over diamonds caching fo make it show instantly in diamond and i doubt he wants to add our API to the mix.
Thanks PluckyHD. I've been pondering over how to reply but this pretty much covers it. Strangley, if Michael is still getting cycling backgrounds in Upcoming Movies 2 with Diamond enabled then I've done something wrong, it should be using the Diamond background process/caching.

John
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Plucky and John, I have no experience how all this caching works. I restarted everything; Upcoming Movies now is still cycling through images on some items very, very quickly (too quick; where something seems wrong) in Upcoming Movies 2... and many of the others are not cycling at all (but are also very quick); which I think may be the way it was intended to be.

Anyway, I hope that this is reproducible; and can find a way to get things to work as intended. I'm still unclear what process I should use to select the default fanart images in John's latest CMT metadata default image setting tool; and, to ultimately where to see the changes. Do I have clear all diamond cached images and recreate them; then restart sageTV server and clients? I was able to change the default image in diamond using CMT, but I have no idea exactly what I did; or there's a more simple way to do it.

Thanks,
Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
He has no control over diamonds caching fo make it show instantly in diamond and i doubt he wants to add our API to the mix. And for the record BMt only downloads one fanart for me because I set it that way. It is not that I don't want to support multiple fan arts as much as we all use extenders mostly and we code the best performance we can for that. Also it would take a complete rewrite of our caching code to handle mutiple fan arts and this is not high on the priority list as function to us right now.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've looked again at how those pictures are displayed and they're set to maintain aspect ratio and shrink to fit. Can you take photo of what it looks like. Either that, or I'm going to be forced to buy an HD300 and I don't think that will go down too well.

John
Finally resolved the issue with the scaling thumbnails. Ran across the ui/enable_hardware_scaling_cache property in another thread, where having it set to "true" was causing some other UI issues for some folks. Mine was set to "true" as well, flipping it to "false" fixed it.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ive been looking for a way to force a new lookup of the meta data.

Just installed this and now many menu selections give "Failed to load the SageIMDB java Class".

This means I cant uninstall or install or do anything with plugins anymore. Also can't look at details of any TV or Video without this same error.

I suspect it was because I have "IMDB serch" installed still, but I cant do anything abuot that now!

Is there any way out of this or is it time to wipe SageTV and start again?

Last edited by pjwerdna; 06-05-2011 at 05:39 AM. Reason: realy bad spellink
Old 06-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Sage Icon

Have you tried doing a full powerdown/restart of the Sage Server PC?

Just a thought before you do a wipe/reinstall.

Seen other cases of weird stuff happening that a powerdown/restart resolved.
Hopefully it'll resolve your issue.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Not tried a reboot, but....

Ive found moveing STVs\SageTV7\IMDB_Search.stvi to another folder so it isnt loaded at client startup allows me access to plugins again.

Once Ive got that its relatively easy to sort out

Hint: Uninstall any existing "IMDB Search" and the "RW Metadata" plugins before installing "Complementary Metadata Tool "
Old 06-13-2011, 10:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I see all of the Fanart except Episode specific Fanart - does this tool not use episode fanart?