SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Is intelligent recording really so intelligent?

For example, I turned on 'intelligent recording' and I see it has a program listed that I don't like. So, I select the program and select 'don't like' in the options. But after that i see it is still scheduled to record this program. Then, I disable intelligent recording and then reenable it. But I see it repopulated this program that I don't like to record it. So how can I tell SageTV that I don't want it to record this program?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Administrator

The schedule doesn't update immediately; it takes some time before any changes are reflected in the schedule.

Also, you may need to mark a few episodes of a series as Don't Like and/or enabled Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Use aggressive negative profiling for IR.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I agree with Andy that you should set "Aggressive Negative Profiling" to true. If you don't Sage will initially try to record what seems to be everything it possible can.

And to answer your initial question, yes it's pretty intelligent. The trick is to teach it what you like and this takes a few days. What I'd suggest is that you monitor the upcoming recording list and mark everything you don't want recorded as "Don't Like". Do this once a day for 3 or so days and IR will get a lot smarter

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

One thing Ive noticed about intelligent recording is that it seems to depend quite heavily on the category for recordings.

I often have a problem with the "News" category for example. Just one favourite with that category will cause all the over night news programs to be recorded. Flagging the wrong recordings as "dont like" then works until a favourite has the category again!

The only solution is to ensure you have a good source of TV guide data and to keep an eye on the recording schedule.