SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage User

HD-300 Frozen, Blue Purpleish LED light

Hi, I was using my HD-300 in media player mode and it froze during playback of an mkv. I unplugged the power cord and waited a minute and plugged it back in. After I plugged it in I am getting this Blue Purpleish LED Light rather than the Dark Blue Light that you usually see. This has happened to me before and the HD-300 will reset itself to the Dark Blue Light after a few minutes, but this time it is not doing anything no matter how many times I unplug it and plug it back in it stays on the Blue Purpleish LED Light. I have even tried holding down the back button on the remote as soon as I plug it in, but it doesn't seem like the HD-300 is responding to the remote (No blinking light when I press a button). I have also just recently updated to the latest Beta Firmware, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. If there is any way to make the player reset itself manually can someone please tell me. Thanks.

Last edited by rugerp90; 11-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Sage User

I have a very similar issue. I have contacted Tech Support and waiting for answer. When I power mine up I can very rarely using back button get to the Service Menu. Problem is it's there for about 2 seconds then back to no video before I can choose to reset and reload firmware. Then cannot duplicate this until unit sits 10-20 minutes with no power. I would think someone would know why the Blue Purpleish light appears, but no luck so far. Hope someone has solution.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage User

Interesting len12121. I was also just told by support that you have to use the Delete button instead of the Back Button on the remote, but this did not work for me because it seems like my HD300 is frozen on the Blue Purpleish Light and wont respond to my remote (no blinking light when I press a button). Did you also just recently update to the latest Beta Firmware?

Last edited by rugerp90; 11-04-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Sage User

The delete button does nothing for me. The back button held down after the HD-300 has not been powered for a couple hours and then powered up shows the Sage Logo for a couple seconds then a dark screen then very rarely the service menu comes up for about 2 seconds (not enough time for me to choose anything) then goes to no video with blue screen. In all cases even with blue light on for a second or two can I use the remote to do anything. Of course then the purplish light comes on forever. The delete button was used on the HD-200. If the delete button should work I would like someone to verify this on a working system and please post. Hope tech Support can figure this out or tell me to send unit in.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage User

What firmware version are you using len12121?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Sage User

I don't know. A friend bought two HD-300 in October and had to sell them. I bought them. One works fine and one has this issue. I have one in Az. and I am in Wi. with the problem one. So I can't tell you at the moment what firmware it has. I will be back in Az. next week and will look. Every couple hours I try to bring this one to life with no luck. How are you doing?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Sage User

I can't do anything with it. I must have tried 15 times plugging it in and out, but that light wont change to dark blue. I even left it on for over an hour one time and it still didn't change. The unit doesn't even get warm it just stays cold.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Sage User

I just wanted to tell anyone else that's having this problem that my unit finally reset itself to the dark blue light. I have know idea how it happened. I just left it unplugged for about 2 days straight and just as I was ready to ship it back to SageTV I decided to give it one more try and it finally reset itself. I would also like to know if more users are experiencing this problem or if it was just my unit.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same thing here, I am getting a blue/purple light. Tried the BACK button reset with no luck. Have not tried the delete button. I just logged a support case, but will let it sit unplugged for a day or so as well and see if that resets it.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Sage User

twice now

1st time I just messed with it for like 2 hours unplugging it, rebooting my server, then finally it worked. also noticed that it was very hot. now i left it unplugged 18hrs, and still locked. tried the hold the back button and hold delete, NOTHING. any advice?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feekill View Post
1st time I just messed with it for like 2 hours unplugging it, rebooting my server, then finally it worked. also noticed that it was very hot. now i left it unplugged 18hrs, and still locked. tried the hold the back button and hold delete, NOTHING. any advice?
Time to return it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

have the same probelm any one?

Hi all,

well i started to have the same problems with my hd-300 any one found a solution to that frozen problem.?

thanks
benny
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

I cannot answer your question, but if it were mine I think an LED changing hue might mean a bad or loaded down power supply. That's just a guess. And I think you would need a donor connector cable to properly check it under load. I've had wall warts go bad that showed proper voltage disconnected, but dropped below rated voltage when under load. Does the power adapter get hot? Try unplugging the power adapter at the A/C plug and letting it cool for a while just for the heck of it before trying it again. Best though to contact support immediately if it's still under warranty.

Bobby

Last edited by BobbyDing; 01-09-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Sage User

Again!!!

Okay, So it's happening again. But I figured out that it is the hd300 not picking up the remote signal unless i put the IR receiver in it. the only problem is i have 2 hd300's and only 1 IR receiver.

Is there anyway to make the STB find my remote w/o the IR receiver???

I tried plugging the IR in and doing a factory reset, but no luck. I will try the good old, leave it unplugged for a couple of days and hope it forgets that it is an A-hole trick.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Sage User

More info

I have 2 HD300 set top boxes. They both only work with the Sagetv IR receiver plugged in. If the IR receiver is not plugged in, neither STB will pick up on either of my 2 Sagetv HD300 remotes. I only have 1 IR receiver, so I can only use one STB at a time. Is there any way to manually let the STB know to stop looking for the remote signal through the IR reciver and start using the IR reciver inside the STB?
This tends to happen every now and again. Usually if the STB freezes and I have to unplug it to restart it, then the STB will not pick up my remote w/o the IR reciever plugged in. Sometimes if I leave the STB unplugged for a day or so, it will switch back to picking up my remote w/o the IR reciever plugged in.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feekill View Post
I have 2 HD300 set top boxes. They both only work with the Sagetv IR receiver plugged in. If the IR receiver is not plugged in, neither STB will pick up on either of my 2 Sagetv HD300 remotes. I only have 1 IR receiver, so I can only use one STB at a time. Is there any way to manually let the STB know to stop looking for the remote signal through the IR reciver and start using the IR reciver inside the STB?
This tends to happen every now and again. Usually if the STB freezes and I have to unplug it to restart it, then the STB will not pick up my remote w/o the IR reciever plugged in. Sometimes if I leave the STB unplugged for a day or so, it will switch back to picking up my remote w/o the IR reciever plugged in.
I just picked one up on ebay and have the exact issue. It won't respond to the remote unless the IR extender is plugged in. Another odd thing is that when it turns off the light goes from purple to the normal blue color when it is on. Any ideas? I've reloaded the firmware twice with no luck.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have had this once and it just righted itself after a couple of hours.

Just happened again and its not budging. Purple blue light. Not responding to remote control etc.

Anyone know how to fix this?