SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: Display Aspect Ratio Switcher for V7

The DARSwitcher STVI provides automatic display aspect ratio switching for people with multiple monitors that have different aspect ratios (for instance, one 4x3 and one 16x10 widescreen).

Install DARSwitcher from the SageTV plugin manager and configure as follows:

1. Bring up the Display Aspect Ratio screen from Detailed Setup > Multimedia > Display Aspect Ratio Settings.

2. Drag the SageTV window to your primary monitor and click the appropriate aspect ratio button for that monitor. Even if the setting is already correct, click the button anyway to tell DARSwitcher which setting to use for that monitor.

3. Drag the window to your secondary monitor and click the appropriate button for that monitor. Repeat for any other monitors you may have.

That's it. DARSwitcher should now automatically set the display aspect ratio appropriately whenever you drag the window from one monitor to another.

If for some reason you don't want DARSwitcher to switch ratios automatically, you can do it manually by going into the V7 plugin manager and bringing up the plugin's configuration screen. Enabling manual mode puts a miniature version of the Display Aspect Ratio adjustment circle in the SageTV menu header. Clicking the circle icon cycles through the aspect ratios you set up in steps 2 and 3 above. After dragging the SageTV window from one monitor to another, just click the icon until the circle looks round again.

Last edited by GKusnick; 07-17-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added config UI.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Sage User

Thank you. Tested and worked well.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I've uploaded version 1.4 to the repository. Functionally it's the same, but now you can change between automatic and manual mode using the plugin manager UI instead of editing properties files.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I have copied these tools to BinTray and created v9 manifests for these so we retain this great set of tools.

k
Old 04-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just wanted to give some recognition to this awesome plugin. My home office setup has a 16:9 primary monitor flanked by two smaller 9:16 (16:9 in portrait mode) monitors. This plugin makes it seamless to move sage between monitors without having to reset the display aspect ration which is aggravated since there is no "9:16" quick button ratio.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

does anyone still have this plugin since bintray is dead now?