SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
This seems to be happening in all menus and I am having trouble figuring out what happened. For now, it will work if you disable Left-as-back in:

Settings >> SageMC Setup >> Main >> Global UI Options >> Behavior >> Left As Back

Aloha,
Mike
I'm a little late to the game. I just got around to upgrading from V6 to V7. I found this same issue with "Left as Back" on all SageMC menus. I struggled for a couple hours trying to make it work "properly" by editing the STV in studio, but I could not make it work. I ended up add "Back" buttons to almost every screen, which works, but is kinda annoying since we are used to using left as back with V6.

Did anybody every figure out a proper solution to this?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a reason why you're not using Diamond or Phoenix? Those are interfaces are still supported. The people who made Diamond are about to release Gemstone. They are aggressively developing it as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
I'm a little late to the game. I just got around to upgrading from V6 to V7. I found this same issue with "Left as Back" on all SageMC menus. I struggled for a couple hours trying to make it work "properly" by editing the STV in studio, but I could not make it work. I ended up add "Back" buttons to almost every screen, which works, but is kinda annoying since we are used to using left as back with V6.

Did anybody every figure out a proper solution to this?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Is there a reason why you're not using Diamond or Phoenix? Those are interfaces are still supported. The people who made Diamond are about to release Gemstone. They are aggressively developing it as we speak.
Yes, I'm sticking with SageMC to minimize my headaches. I have made quite a few customizations to the SageMC STV. For example, I have made changes to prevent skipping forward when too close to the end of the live buffer and showing a "Loading" message box when channels are loading from my R5000 dish boxes which takes about 15-20 seconds. Also, my Wife and in-laws are used to the interface, and they will not be happy with me if I switch it again.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow 15-20 seconds!! It should only take about a second or two to change channels or switch to live streaming from buffer on a R5000 based tuner. That's how long it takes mine. I had originally added a R5000 plugin for SageTV 7 to show the message "Tuning, please stand by..." instead of
No Signal", but, we stopped seeing that message long ago after I upgraded my operating system and R5000 drivers/software. You might have been better off spending time to figure out how to optimize R5000 channel changing/tuning. The R5000 3.1D 64bit drivers helped out considerably under Win7; especially on a machine that has almost everything loaded into RAM; and, the boot/system disk partition loaded on an SSD drive.

I'm not sure if this will help.. but, I vaguely remember that I avoided SageMC 7 STV issues by switching to the SageMC 6 STV under SageTV 7. I think there may still be some posts I made a while back in this thread about that.

***RIP SageTV***