SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Post issues with SageMC under SageTV V7 here!

Hi All,

Please post any issues that you have found with SageMC under SageTV V7 here. Also please make sure you load the latest pre-release (6.3.9b pre-release 24) first as it addresses the version warning problem.

Here are the known issues to start with:
  • Focus Highlight not appearing in Music section
  • Switching to default STV still linked to old sage UI in several places.
Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

One thing that I've noticed so far is that after I imported Slimplayer the window that opens off of "My music" doesn't expand to accommodate the new option. "Search" is pushed to the bottom and is no longer visible. I can still access it, I just can't see it.

Last edited by craigap; 09-13-2022 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just noticed that the Diskspace bar is all one solid color. Not the usual Used, upcoming, and free being 3 different colors. Its still tells me how much space I have free; the different colors are just not there.

Last edited by craigap; 09-13-2022 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just noticed another small glitch in the music library. The highlighting doesn't match the album cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg music_highlight.jpg (32.3 KB, 570 views)
Old 05-26-2010, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Mike, there are a couple of issues that you may or may not be aware of. One of them is critical (at least to me); and, the other is just a minor display issue. After loading the latest full sageMC 6.3.9a, then loading the 6.3.9b pre-release 24 STV on top it using sageTV 7, under "My Videos" using "Genre"/"Folder View", when I click on any genre catagory, all the thumbnails in that genre are have no graphics at all with no fanart either; just placeholders where the thumbnails are and with a very long text descriptions below each thumbnail using an extremely small font size (which only the title should be displayed). I didnt see any obvious options that would correct this issue. My apologies if there's a setting I missed. I didnt load any imports on top of the STV. See screenshot below.

As soon as I load the sageMC STV from 6.3.9a full release (with all settings and files exactly the same), the thumbnails have graphics once again with respective fanart.

While I have your attention Mike, there's a small cosmetic issue with with sageMC 6.3.9a (shown in second screenshot below). The aspect ratio of the DVD/BD poster look too narrow. IIRC, I dont think the poster displayed correctly under sageTV 6. I double-checked; and, have configured sageTV 7's setting that I have a 16:9 display.

SageMC 6.3.9b (release 24) under sageTV 7 (no imports/additional plugins loaded: (No images/fanart and microscopic text that doesnt look like it should be there).

SageMC 6.3.9a (full release) under sageTV 7: (Posters too narrow)

Thanks Mike!!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

One more problem I have is that the "Power off" command will not work for me. This was a problem for me using v6 as well. I have the "Power off" command linked to 7 different IR codes that my Harmony sends while shutting down my TV and AVR, but not one of them will send Sage to standby. It does, however, work with the default STV's v6 and v7.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh yeah, one more issue.. Online Videos... "Back to Main Menu" button

PS: I'm sure some of you have probably already noticed this... but, after you select "Online Videos" under sageMC (which takes you to the SageTV 7 default STV's Online Videos menu), if you select the "Back to Main Menu" item, it takes you to the sageTV 7 main menu instead of the sageMC main menu. Maybe there's a temporary fix by editing a piece of text?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

There seems to be the same issue in "Groups" as mkanet showed in "Genre".

Last edited by craigap; 05-26-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed beta 7.0.10 and have run into an issue where I select "My Movies" from the main menu and when I am brought into the vidoes menu I cannot move focus to the menu list on the left hand side of all the videos. I have to use the mouse instead. Using "left" takes me right back to the main menu. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
I installed beta 7.0.10 and have run into an issue where I select "My Movies" from the main menu and when I am brought into the vidoes menu I cannot move focus to the menu list on the left hand side of all the videos. I have to use the mouse instead. Using "left" takes me right back to the main menu. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.
Same here
Client Hardware: HD200 x2, INT-422-3 & WR7 Remote
Service Provider: Cablevision (QAM to 2250, SamsungBox to HDPVR)
Old 06-06-2010, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
This seems to be happening in all menus and I am having trouble figuring out what happened. For now, it will work if you disable Left-as-back in:

Settings >> SageMC Setup >> Main >> Global UI Options >> Behavior >> Left As Back

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if this is actually a new issue or whether it happened under v6 as well (or whether it's considered by design):

While playing some music, I opened the online services menu, which was displayed using the standard UI (this was expected). The music continued to play while browsing through the online services. But when I then went back to the main menu (either via left as back or home), it stopped.

Is this expected? I wouldn't mind if it stopped while entering another menu, but it's kind of strange that it stopped after returning. It's not really a big deal, but I just stumbled over this.

Also when pushing buttons like "Music", "Video" etc. while in the Online Services, I ended up in those respective areas (Music, Video) in the Standard UI. Pressing Home then would return to SageMC.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Mike,
Love sagemc and have been using it since I got into sage a year ago. Now that I upgraded to sage7 I am starting to get used to the look of it. Will sagemc change to look like it, but retain the added features that mc brought i.e. Multispeed FF/RW, Editing menus?

Also did notice that going to online services that I don't have access to the Playon plugin from that screen since the more online videos link was removed from it.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzup View Post
Also did notice that going to online services that I don't have access to the Playon plugin from that screen since the more online videos link was removed from it.
That's my fault, i'll have to provide .properties files for SageMC.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC should just link to the V7 default STV for online videos. The internal screen hasn't been updated in a very long time.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

In the new SageMC v7 I attempted to use the Sleep command from the top left corner of the main menu and it doesn't respond. Power Off command from my remote which I have set to sleep sagetv still doesn't work either.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure if this is an issue with the plugin manager or SageMC on v7 but every time I try to install it on one of my clients, I get this:

Plugin Client Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Dependency Install sagemc-system-FAILED - Zip Extraction of http://customsagetv.googlecode.com/f...mes-7.0.10.zip

I love this interface and miss it since going to v7 so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Setup Screen "Missing"

I have the newest SageMC (7.0.1.1) installed and every time I go into "Sage Setup", I get kicked back to the main Sage 7 UI, main screen. I then need to go to the setup screen (detailed setup), make my changes, then in "advanced" pick the "reload 7.0.1.1" UI.

Something I'm missing? Or just something in the betas fighting it out?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I have the newest SageMC (7.0.1.1) installed and every time I go into "Sage Setup", I get kicked back to the main Sage 7 UI, main screen. I then need to go to the setup screen (detailed setup), make my changes, then in "advanced" pick the "reload 7.0.1.1" UI.

Something I'm missing? Or just something in the betas fighting it out?
can3gxw -- I thought I was hallucinating my v7.0.11 install does that too ... I am still working out a bunch of customization "issues" (occasional video tearing when running cloned screens on nVidia 8400, intermittently wrong metadata, comskip hiccups) and so every time I go into the Video menu to change interlacing, codecs etc it kicks me back to the stock 7 ui. Grrrr

Trying to make this kid-proof (including PIN protecting settings and folders) .. awaiting the next update ..

I know you guys (and gals) do this for free, and for that we are grateful.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:46 AM
SageTVaholic

I wonder if they removed the menu that I was linking to in the 7.0.11 build. I know it was working with 7.0.10.