SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
What happened to the folder view for Pictures in SageMC plug-in for SageTV?

All I get now is options for by name, date... It is not showing the pictures in the folders as before...
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about. SageMC has not been updated in probably close to 2yrs. The last time I used it, the folder view for Pictures was working for me. Though I stopped using SageMC many months ago.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

I upgraded to SageTV 7 (both SageTV 6 clients and HD300 clients).
Loaded the SageMC plugin from the plugin menu and loaded the STV from the directory (it is the only plugin configured in SageTV 7).
Now the Pictures are no longer being shown in folders and no folder view is available in the options.

I've attached a PDF with all the screen shots.

Please let me know how to correct. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MyPictures Problem.pdf (414.8 KB, 362 views)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I upgraded to SageTV 7 (both SageTV 6 clients and HD300 clients).
Loaded the SageMC plugin from the plugin menu and loaded the STV from the directory (it is the only plugin configured in SageTV 7).
Now the Pictures are no longer being shown in folders and no folder view is available in the options.

I've attached a PDF with all the screen shots.

Please let me know how to correct. Thanks.
I fired up SageMC and you're right. The pictures don't group by folder anymore. After thinking about it, I think this might be the result of changes made to the core that eliminated the file path from the MediaTitle field.

With all my development time committed to Phoenix, I think SageMC has finally reached end of life unless someone else wants to continue development. Sorry.

I hope you'll give Phoenix a try and give us feedback on how we can make it better.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Believe me - Phoenix is in my plans... but before I can do that I need to master the new tool...and then transition my production system.

In the meantime, good old SageMC is still the best to keep the family happy.

Is it possible to make this particular fix? It is really the only notable gap I've been able to identify right now.

Please please please
Old 07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

I hear you sflamm, but some of us Phoenix lovers really really want MeInMaui to continue making Phoenix the be all end all

Grant
Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage Expert

That's strange. I have SageMC on 7.0.23 and just checked and its definitely showing my photos in folders. I think I may have used this STV :

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...47&postcount=5
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

Running 7.1.9 with latest SageMC the problem exists.

I suppose I could manually install an older SageMC version but that would 1) lose all the improvement that MeInMaui made - which I'm sure are needed 2) not sure if the older version is compatible with SageTV 7.1.9

Anyone know the details on items 1 & 2 above?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Running 7.1.9 with latest SageMC the problem exists.

I suppose I could manually install an older SageMC version but that would 1) lose all the improvement that MeInMaui made - which I'm sure are needed 2) not sure if the older version is compatible with SageTV 7.1.9

Anyone know the details on items 1 & 2 above?
SageMC didn't change, SageTV did as of version 7.1.8 Beta (6/1/2011)

From the release notes:

Quote:
Core Updates
2. Changed storage of title/episode information for imported Video, Picture, DVD and BluRay content. The Show title field now holds the actual title (previously it held the relative path + title). The Show episode field will hold the episode name if specified; otherwise it will hold the same thing as the title field (for backwards compatability with STVs). Existing database information will be updated to follow these rules. (i.e. the episode name will be copied into the title if the title still has relative path information prefixing it)
So going back to a version of SageTV prior to 7.1.8 beta will fix the problem. Going back to an older version of SageMC will not.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Or... since you know the exact problem... perhaps you can quickly fix?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Sage User

Some questions relating to v7 migration

I've been a hard-core user + fan of SageTV + SageMC for many years, and have spent b'zillions of hours reading all the forum postings (totally invaluable!). I had not wanted to migrate to v7 because of the "months" it took to get a stable, working system years ago (mostly due to careful choice of Hauppauage 2250 + HD PVR drivers). After hearing about the Google purchase I decided to close my eyes and jump in the deep end again, migrating to SageTV v7 + a new Colossus card to replace my SD 2250 card.

After 3 10-hour sessions of wadding through many forum postings + many reboots, I believe I have a working and almost stable SageTV v7 system again (I had to revert to the June 2010 HD PVR drivers instead of the new July 2011 versions due to colour blooming problems).

However, there are a few questions or quirks remaining on my list which are related to SageMC. I know it is no longer supported as of June 2010, but my family and myself just love my pimped-up version of SageTV + SageMC, and I am not fond of Phoenix UI, so I most likely will be using it for much of the next decade...

First, the technicals: I upgraded to SageMC 7.0.10 via the plug-ins manager. Hence, I'm running the newest and last SageMC 6.3.9b-24.

Is there any suggestions to help me change or resolve these remaining problems?

1) I am finding that the video thumbnails on the "info" panel of the video playback screen are not correct. Basically they are stuck on one thumbnail today.

2) In previous versions of SageMC I'm pretty sure that pressing the channel up/down buttons on the MCE remote would immediately show the "Info" bar, so that I could zoom past (for example) 10 stations before I stopped and let SageTV migrate to that channel. This capability seems to be lost in the current version from what I believe. I do not get the info bar until the channel changes to the new station.

3) I don't recall, but didn't the Info Bar in the playback screen show the channel which is presently being shown live?

4) This is the most irksome problem I'd ideally like to see changed, given that I must live and use this daily for decades to come: the behaviour of the Left/Back button has changed on the "My TV" and "Recorded TV" panels. For explanation, on "My TV" screen I have the menu on the left side, "Recent" in the upper-right and "Upcoming" in the lower right. If I move into the "Recent" or "Upcoming" lists, then pressing the Left/Back remote buttons will take me back one screen to the "Main" screen. What I'd like is the previous v6 behaviour whereby the Left/Back button would take me back to the left-side sub-menu of "My TV" rather than pressing the "Right" button. This is particularly irksome on the "Recorded TV". Can I change the tabbing order via a customization on my end, or is this an internal change with the STV file? Maybe I need to customize the screen and put the menu on the right side?

Many thanks for comments, and let me say a big "Thank you" for your many years of work on SageMC -- I would never have taken on SageTV unless I had SageMC.
Dedicated SageTV server: Vista Ultimate, ASUS P5K-E MB, 2GB, 1TB WD AV-GS; Hauppauge Colossus + HDPVR running from 2 4250 HD STBs; SageTV 7.x + pimped SageMC + many STVi's. Clients: HD200 + three SageTV clients
Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilek View Post
Hello,

The My Video's menu doesn't list any files when using the following settings:

File System
List View
No Filter

This is when running on my laptop connecting to my server via wifi. (sageclient)
Only the File System setting is the one that doesn't work.

On the server I haven't got that problem. ( running service mode)

Emile

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I really want to use SageMC on v7!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Sage User

New weather feed from google.

How can I get SageMC to use the new google weather feed? Mind you I have very little knowledge of studio
Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would appreciate that as well. I'm sure it's not on the priority list due to Phoenix, but I believe quite a few of us are still using MC. As soon as some of the plugins are ported to Phoenix, i'll be going to Phoenix as well.
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Sage User

Ready to move to Phoenix...,but

I would be ready to move to Phoenix full time, but the family has become very comfortable with the SageMC layout. Is there an easy way to duplicate (mostly) its layout in Phoenix?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iumgrad View Post
I would be ready to move to Phoenix full time, but the family has become very comfortable with the SageMC layout. Is there an easy way to duplicate (mostly) its layout in Phoenix?
Probably not. Phoenix was developed with a bit of a different philosophy. I used to use SageMC exclusively (of course), but now we are 100% Phoenix. I think it is well worth giving it a chance. One of the things that really used to bug me about SageMC was the large number of key presses required navigate around and to do anything. Phoenix is designed to minimize this. It might take a little getting used to, but once you do it should be a much more efficient experience. (plus it looks good too )

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. I think it is very unlikely that I'll do any updates to SageMC.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I stuck with SageMC for a long time but I finally moved away about 6 months ago. Phoenix wasn't quite ready yet but I went to Diamond and I am quite happy with it. I may still switch to Phoenix at some time in the future but Diamond really works well for my family as I have set up separate TV and Movie menu items for kids' shows and it really allows you to integrate TV show files into your Sage recorded TV. There is also integration with Netflix that works pretty well although it is not perfect since it works via Playon.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Getting no where in Sage 7

I've used Sage 6 with SageMC for years. I setup sage 7.1.9 on a new server with the idea of using sageMC on it but I read enough to know there are issues so I tried the alternatives first.

I find the sage 7 UI difficult to use. Too many button presses, navigation sends you to unexpected places instead of to the thing on screen you thought it would take you to. Highlight not easy to pickout. Navigation in SageMC is vastly superior.

I installed Phoenix and it doesn't work very well. Screen draw issues. Not sure how people are using it succesfully. Swithed back to the sage 7 UI and went back to the plugin manager and installed my favoirte interface SageMC but when I go to detailed setup to import the stv it's not there.... Phoenix is and sage 7 is but no SageMC.xml to select. Any clues on what I'm doing wrong? How do I bring up the SageMC UI on Sage 7.1.9?
Old 12-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
If I remember correctly (not at my PC ATM) its in the SageTV3 folder and not the same folder as the default.xml/phoenix.xml.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
If I remember correctly (not at my PC ATM) its in the SageTV3 folder and not the same folder as the default.xml/phoenix.xml.
Finding looking in that folder was the trick. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Probably not. Phoenix was developed with a bit of a different philosophy. I used to use SageMC exclusively (of course), but now we are 100% Phoenix. I think it is well worth giving it a chance. One of the things that really used to bug me about SageMC was the large number of key presses required navigate around and to do anything. Phoenix is designed to minimize this. It might take a little getting used to, but once you do it should be a much more efficient experience. (plus it looks good too )

Aloha,
Mike

P.S. I think it is very unlikely that I'll do any updates to SageMC.
I agree that Phoenix is a fresh look at feel for the ui but I disagree with the "ease of use." I find the menu system almost condescending. If you don't know exactly what your looking for and exactly what kind of menu it's located in and what special button to push to bring up that menu then your stuck. Also I can't deal with the screen drawing issues either. And I'm not sure how it's working for everyone else but the fan art engine needs to be returned to the SageMC days where it actually worked right.

On the other hand I do like to see the effort community members are putting into the whole endeavor and I'm sure that once all the bugs are worked out it will be a masterpiece. And I do return to it from time to time to try and get used to it, but it just hasn't happened yet.