SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Sage User

Media MVP Sluggish Issues see this thread it worked for me....

Using V7 with the features on my MVP.....

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ight=Guide+MVP
Old 07-19-2010, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

About the only thing I can think of for response delays and general sluggishness is to increase your max java heap size to about 700MB or so. I occasionally get a delay entering my video library screen but the UI is generally pretty responsive on my HD200.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
About the only thing I can think of for response delays and general sluggishness is to increase your max java heap size to about 700MB or so. I occasionally get a delay entering my video library screen but the UI is generally pretty responsive on my HD200.

Aloha,
Mike
I initially thought this fixed my issue, but it actually did not. The issue seems to only be while a video is playing, not while going through menus. There is a pause and the spinner shows up in the middle of the screen any time I forward fast, rewind, stop, etc. Weird thing is it doesnt seem to do it EVERY time, just most of the time. If I stop using SageMC, the issue goes away.

Last edited by bclenney; 07-20-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
I initially thought this fixed my issue, but it actually did not. The issue seems to only be while a video is playing, not while going through menus. There is a pause and the spinner shows up in the middle of the screen any time I forward fast, rewind, stop, etc. Weird thing is it doesnt seem to do it EVERY time, just most of the time. If I stop using SageMC, the issue goes away.
I'm doing a lousy job of describing this - when I saw "there is a pause" I dont mean the video stops, it continues running, what I mean is there is a period of time after I hit FF before it actually does Forward Fast (or whatever).
Old 07-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage Expert

Hey Mike:

I am also having the sluggish response on the HD200 with SageMC. Left over from version 6 is an automatic restart every morning, however, Sage is sluggish and I get circles with SageMC, but the HD200 is very responsive if I go back to the default UI - Serenity. If you need me to post anything, let me know.

Tim
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Something that has been "bugging" me for some time now with SageMC, since one of the later updates in Sage 6... I'm going to repost now and hope that something can be tweaked...

I have all of my videos and TV shows in their own folders, and then usually set the filter to "unwatched". When I do this, and there is only one unwatched episode in a folder, that episode will actually appear in the "root" folder instead of its proper series folder.

This is the same as when there is only one episode in a particular folder (ie - the first show of a new season).

Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Sage Icon

there should be an option somewhere (either in video options or sagemc options) that's something like "display folders for single videos" or some such... that will toggle whether single videos are shown with or without their folder.... (going completely from memory bc i havent used sagemc for several months now)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

I took a look last night, and can't find that anywhere - looked at "tons" of options in both Sage and SageMC. If it's there, I must be overlooking it... if someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

On some of the menu screens I get a very thin red vertical line on the screen. This happens intermttently on many screens including the Main Menu. This is on HD-200s running an early July firmware. Anybody else see this?

I also far prefer the SageMC UI to the Sage 7 UI - although I have high hopes for the new UIs that you guys are working on.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
On some of the menu screens I get a very thin red vertical line on the screen. This happens intermttently on many screens including the Main Menu. This is on HD-200s running an early July firmware. Anybody else see this?

I also far prefer the SageMC UI to the Sage 7 UI - although I have high hopes for the new UIs that you guys are working on.
If you're running SageTV 7 you need to be running the latest beta firmware-20100802 I believe.

Gerry

EDIT: Fixed refererence to firmware.
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 08-05-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you're running SageTV 7 you need to be running the latest beta-20100802 I believe.
Do you mean the HD200 firmware? I am running Sage 7.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you mean the HD200 firmware? I am running Sage 7.
Yes firmware-sorry I wasn't specific.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I have installed the latest firmware (20100802...) but I still see the red vertical lines.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

One remaining issue with My Videos - Genre

PS: I'm sure some of you have probably already noticed this... but, after you select "Online Videos" under sageMC (which takes you to the SageTV 7 default STV's Online Videos menu), if you select the "Back to Main Menu" item, it takes you to the sageTV 7 main menu instead of the sageMC main menu. Maybe there's a temporary fix by editing a piece of text?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-04-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage User

Yes increase the java heap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
I am running v7 on two on AMDx2 5000+ and Intel Q6600 both running Vista x86 with 4G RAM. They both were very slugish until increasing the java heap to 1024M. I also put 2G usb flash drives on and dedicated them for ReadyBoost, and that has also helped.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have installed the latest firmware (20100802...) but I still see the red vertical lines.
Me too!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Sage User

Not really an issue, but something to be aware of...
I upgraded to SageTV V7 and then loaded SageMC as that's what I was using before. After messing around a bit I wanted to change back to SageTV v7 to check out the new interface. I went into settings and then hit the SageTV setting, not the sageMC setting. It jumped me back to the main menu of SageTV v7, I then scrolled down went to settings\advanced and it said I was using the SageTV v7 stv(or stvi) whichever it is. So I thought I was out of SageMC, after backing out of a menu I quickly found out I was not. I went around for about 1/2 hour trying to get back to the real SageTV v7, I even uninstalled the SageMC plugin and it still would not let me out. Finally, I figure out I needed to exit SageMC via the SageMC settings menu and reload the original STV. I know its my fault, however when the SageTV setting jumps you back to the main menu, not the settings menu and the stv shows you are using the SageTV v7 STV, its a little confusing.

Long story short, to leave SageMC you have to do it through the SageMC Settings menu, there is no other way
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Oh yeah, one more issue.. Online Videos and Genre View... "Back to Main Menu" button

I'm still using sageTV 6.3.9a since that's the last version that does My Videos - genre view correctly. I just had to edit the 6.x version checker in the STV to look for version 7.x instead. For whatever it's worth, I'll put the bug report below for the latest downloadable sageMC version available as a plug-in for sageTV 7. I actually reported this reproducible issue several months ago; so, not sure if its going to get fixed or not.

- Currently, when I'm in any Genre category browsing through different movies (under My Videos), when I hit the back button on my remote control, instead of taking me back to the Genre categories menu, it takes me completely out of My Videos and back to the Main Menu. I'm not sure if this was on purpose with a new setting option or just a bug.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

the other day. I uninstalled sagetv, deleed almost everything from my sagetv folders except, sage.properties files, wiz.bin some tuner files.
then I installed the most recent beta.
I installed the sageMC plugin...and it won't work. I get an issue about some out of date jar and the screen is messed up. I can get out by doing the arrow and select buttons as if the menus are still there I just can't see anything.

anyone else have issues with the latest beta?
the wife is pissed she has to use the sagetv V7 interface, she hates it.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I may have some good news for you... but wont promise anything.

All you have to do is re-install the sageMC plugin from the sageTV 7 plugins section from the sageTV 7 menu in the picture below. Then, follow the instructions in the post below:

Latest and greatest bugfree version of sageMC for SageTV 7

Good luck!
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd View Post
the other day. I uninstalled sagetv, deleed almost everything from my sagetv folders except, sage.properties files, wiz.bin some tuner files.
then I installed the most recent beta.
I installed the sageMC plugin...and it won't work. I get an issue about some out of date jar and the screen is messed up. I can get out by doing the arrow and select buttons as if the menus are still there I just can't see anything.

anyone else have issues with the latest beta?
the wife is pissed she has to use the sagetv V7 interface, she hates it.

***RIP SageTV***