SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
(from another thread)
SageMC v7.0.1 pre-release 1
Warning: Pre-release versions should be considered experimental and may contain significant bugs.

This pre-release is temporary until an official SageMC release can be added to the plug-in repository.
Mike -

I hadn't "bothered" to install SageMC the old-fashioned way in v7; I was just waiting to see if the plugin would work and I could install it all from the 10 ft interface.

poking around in the repository this morning, I saw a SageMC plugin, and installed it. It downloaded 4 or 5 files, and then restarted. But, alas, nothing seemed to have changed.

Is that plugin a stand alone product at this point? Or is it still necessary to download and unpack the install files, as we've done in the past?

thanks
Matt
Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

After the install did you choose the SageMC.xml instead of the default SageTV7.xml?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Yup, you still need to manually load ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks Gerry.

I actually looked for that, but there was no file apparent in the browser. It would seem, however, that it's still in the SageTV3 folder, not the new SageTV7 folder.

I navigated to the SageTV3 folder, and voila, i'm back in business.

thanks
matt
Old 06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Mike,

For the online services menu are you calling out to SageTV3.xml or SageTV7.xml?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

All calls to the default STV use the GetDefaultSTVFile() method, so for V7 it calls SageTV7.xml.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Yup, you still need to manually load ...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

OK I am a bit confused. I open SageMC_169.xml via SageTV7 >> Detailed Setup >> Advanced >> Set Full UI Package (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml) and it works fine UNTIL ....

I select "System" under SageMC 7,
it still shows me that SageMC STV is v7.0.10 [not 7.0.11]
and if I then select SageTV Setup {to change encoders or otherwise tweak settings} it bumps me out to the SageTV 7 Main Menu (!!)

So THEN I reload the STV using the path above after making my setting changes, wash, rinse, repeat.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here's my question -- Could you post a workflow of what one would have to do to get SageMC v7 working, under SageTV 7.011? A step-by-step for nontech people?

Step 1: Install the plugin from SageTV 7 interface ("Install Plugin")
Step 2: Upgrade said plugin from the post on forums.sagetv.com [which didn't seem to work for me?]
Step 3: Set Full UI Package (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml) [mine says it's still 7.0.10]

But what after Step 3? Is there more I'm missing?

My install seems to always bump out of SageMC if I go into Detailed Setup and the Online Videos sections, which I use or tweak frequently [still going through v7 growing pains].

Thanks ...

Last edited by CANightHawk; 06-16-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Sage User

Still doing it (kicking out of SageMC 7.0.10+) when visiting "Detailed Setup" or "SageMC Setup" or "Online Videos" sections. Is something misconfigured or mis-loaded on my end?

I'd like to be able to hand over the remote to my parents under SageMC ... But if they bump the wrong button I may have to use SageTV 7 for a while

Any ideas as to what I can try next?
Old 06-18-2010, 02:10 AM

Alphabet jumping in My Music etc

Hi

I'm not sure what it's called, but the alphabet list you get in My Music by pressing right doesn't work if you have "ignore articles" turned on in SageTV 7.0.11

Thanks, and thanks so much for the work you put in!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANightHawk View Post
Hi Mike,

OK I am a bit confused. I open SageMC_169.xml via SageTV7 >> Detailed Setup >> Advanced >> Set Full UI Package (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml) and it works fine UNTIL ....

I select "System" under SageMC 7,
it still shows me that SageMC STV is v7.0.10 [not 7.0.11]
and if I then select SageTV Setup {to change encoders or otherwise tweak settings} it bumps me out to the SageTV 7 Main Menu (!!)

So THEN I reload the STV using the path above after making my setting changes, wash, rinse, repeat.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here's my question -- Could you post a workflow of what one would have to do to get SageMC v7 working, under SageTV 7.011? A step-by-step for nontech people?

Step 1: Install the plugin from SageTV 7 interface ("Install Plugin")
Step 2: Upgrade said plugin from the post on forums.sagetv.com [which didn't seem to work for me?]
Step 3: Set Full UI Package (c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV3\SageMC_169.xml) [mine says it's still 7.0.10]

But what after Step 3? Is there more I'm missing?

My install seems to always bump out of SageMC if I go into Detailed Setup and the Online Videos sections, which I use or tweak frequently [still going through v7 growing pains].

Thanks ...
You are not missing any steps. That should be it.

There are certain menus that would need to be updated way too often for me to keep up with. A while back (1 -2 yrs ago) things were changed so that SageMC would switch to the default STV for those menus. These include online videos and SageTV setup (including tuner configuration).

Unfortunately, in the latest update to the default STV (v7.0.11), it looks like the menu I was linking to for SageTV Setup in the default STV was deleted. When I find the time I'll have to code up a new popup menu for SageTV setup and directly link to the various menus from there (i.e. detailed settings, Tuner Configurations, etc.). For now it just kicks you out to the default STV main menu, but you can navigate to the required menu from there. You can return to SageMC from any of these menus by hitting either Home or Back.

Lastly, the current version of SageMC is 7.0.10, (The default STV is up to 7.0.11) so there is no problem there.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Sage Icon

I’ve come across an anomaly of sorts. I have been updating my video library with MyMovies Collection Management.

CM creates the properties files that SageMC uses to display the video descriptions. Everything has been working fine up to this point; all the descriptions are properly displayed.

After having gone through and updated all my titles I decided to conserve some hard drive space and begin converting many of my DVD’s to MKV’s with Evilpenguin’s MediaShrink tool.

For some reason the after the conversion and a rescan of import directories SageMC no longer displays the description of the movie even though the properties file is right there.

Any ideas as to why my properties files aren’t read after I convert from video_ts to MKV?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

I got it to work again.

I had to remove the properties file, then do a rescan to completely eliminate all traces. Then when I added the properties file back and did another rescan the file was ingested properly and now displays the description information in SageMC.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unfortunately, in the latest update to the default STV (v7.0.11), it looks like the menu I was linking to for SageTV Setup in the default STV was deleted. When I find the time I'll have to code up a new popup menu for SageTV setup and directly link to the various menus from there (i.e. detailed settings, Tuner Configurations, etc.). For now it just kicks you out to the default STV main menu, but you can navigate to the required menu from there. You can return to SageMC from any of these menus by hitting either Home or Back.
I finally had a chance to check this and it looks like I was mistaken. The setup menu is still there and it works fine for me when I jump to that menu from SageMC. So I don't really know why this isn't working for you.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Sage Expert

The only problem I'm having is the Playon plugin issue from above. I just cancelled cable TV this week .
Old 07-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

My wife doesn't like the functionality of base Sage7 at all - and I mostly agree with her. We like the "flash" of the interface. i.e. we think it's cool looking. But the interface leaves a lot to be desired. I tried some of the new addons, but they don't quite work the way I want.

That said, I decided to start using SageMC again - at least that was the plan. We use an HD200. We never directly use our DVR. It sits in another room. Now here is the problem: after I load SageMC, everything gets a lot slower than it is in the standard interface. Anything you try to do has a long pause before it does it. Even things like Rewind and Forward Fast. I havent timed it, but I bet there is a 2 second pause before rewinding after hitting the button. In the standard interface it's instant.

Anyone have any ideas about what could be going on? I didnt have these problems with SageMC before going to Sage7.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Brian
Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any ideas why my system is extremely sluggish while using SageMC but not when using the base Sage7?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:31 AM
Sage User

Channel Logo in guide not displaying correctly

Hi,

I just moved to 7.0.12 beta and noticed that in the programme guide, the channel logo for the selected lineup displays a solid white box. The channel logos above and below the current selected lineup display correctly.

Moving up and down has the corresponding channel logo turning to a white box.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this?

Thanks,
Paul.

P.S. I am using an original MVP and the latest SageMC plugin.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Sage User

FF not responsive when pushing play button

Hi,

I have noticed in betas 7.0.12 and 7.0.11 that when forwarding through a recorded item, that in most cases pressing the play button to resume watching is ignored for up to around 10-15 seconds. Even pressing the play button a number of times does not have any effect, and then the system eventually responds.

Has anyone else seen this happen.

I am using an original MVP.

Many thanks,
Paul.

P.S. I poll the family about the new V7 UI at each beta release, and the unanimous vote is always to continue using SageMC!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Sage User

My Video's menu

Hello,

The My Video's menu doesn't list any files when using the following settings:

File System
List View
No Filter

This is when running on my laptop connecting to my server via wifi. (sageclient)
Only the File System setting is the one that doesn't work.

On the server I haven't got that problem. ( running service mode)

Emile
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexus View Post
Hi,

I have noticed in betas 7.0.12 and 7.0.11 that when forwarding through a recorded item, that in most cases pressing the play button to resume watching is ignored for up to around 10-15 seconds. Even pressing the play button a number of times does not have any effect, and then the system eventually responds.

Has anyone else seen this happen.

I am using an original MVP.

Many thanks,
Paul.

P.S. I poll the family about the new V7 UI at each beta release, and the unanimous vote is always to continue using SageMC!
That sounds pretty much like the issue I'm having. But I have no idea where to even begin to try and troubleshoot it.