SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Brent,

I think I've worked out a way to do this. I don't have time to do it right now but if someone wants to write a PHP page or two, they can contact me and I'll get them started.

Jason
Awesome! No rush - but I think this could be very useful and have other applications as well.

Anyone want to help out with a PHP page or two?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Sage User

Problem importing XML

I'll admit I'm a complete newbie at this, I've got 7.0.15 running and 2.28 of the web interface running. I'm trying to import some shows via XML created from MigrateMCtoSage. I've got everything installed and the following options selected.
checked - Overwrite Existing Show Information
checked - Overwrite existing sage TV file information
checked - Keep original imported filename
checked - use imported file data to determine starttime

For directory path I have C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
And the file I'm importing.

When I click on submit query I get the following error.

Processing List of 2 Files:
Failed to read XML file:

2 XML Errors during parsing
XML Parse error at line line 2 col 37: Document root element "PluginRepository", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
XML Parse error at line line 2 col 37: Document is invalid: no grammar found.

Failed to read XML file:

2 XML Errors during parsing
XML Parse error at line line 2 col 79: Document root element "Module", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
XML Parse error at line line 2 col 79: Document is invalid: no grammar found.

Here is the XML I'm using

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageShowInfo PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGESHOWINFO XML 1.3//EN" "http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/nielm_modules/sagexmlinfo/sageshowinfo_1_2.dtd">
<sageShowInfo version="1.3">
<channelList />
<favoriteList />
<showList>
<show>
<title>Chuck</title>
<episode>Chuck Versus the Subway; Chuck Versus the Ring: Part II</episode>
<duration>7380</duration>
<category>Comedy</category>
<subCategory>Series</subCategory>
<description>The Ring closes in on Chuck and the members of Operation Bartowski; Casey must secretly protect his daughter from the Ring; Big Mike receives news about the Buy More.</description>
<peopleList><person role="Actor">Zachary Levi/Adam Baldwin/Yvonne Strahovski/Joshua Gomez/Sarah Lancaster/Ryan McPartlin/Mark Christopher Lawrence/Vik Sahay/Scott Krinsky</person><person role="Actor">Scott Bakula</person></peopleList>
<airing duration="7380" startTime="2010-05-25T01:00:01.30Z">
<mediafile duration="7380" startTime="2010-05-25T01:00:01.30Z" type="TV">
<segmentList><segment filePath="\\Rainier\Recorded TV\Chuck_KTVBDT_24_05_2010_19_00_01.dvr-ms" startTime="2010-05-25T01:00:01.30Z" duration="7380" />
</segmentList>
</mediafile>
</airing>
</show>
</showList>
</sageShowInfo>

I'm not seeing anything in the sagetv_0.txt log and I have debug logging enable and the plugin logging set to verbose.

Any thoughts? Is the directory path correct, not sure if that is what I'm supposed to put there. Is my XML messed up?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 09-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Sage Icon

It sounds like you're entering a path in the "Directory Path To Import All XML" field, which picks up all XML files in the specified directory. But you're importing a single XML file so you want to enter your xml file into the "Upload any Sage XML files here" field.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Sage User

Thanks

I tried that and all I get is a screen saying "is not a valid directory on the server" . I get the same thing if I paste the XML or select the file so I was under the impression it needed a directory.

-Josh
Old 09-14-2010, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I know that this is not really recommended for the long term, but how do I disable the user/password requirement on the Sage Web server? (I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with the SageGadget) When I try to just press enter without a password in the Plugin Manager it doesn't seem to like it. Can I do this in the realms.properties files.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsocowboy View Post
I tried that and all I get is a screen saying "is not a valid directory on the server" . I get the same thing if I paste the XML or select the file so I was under the impression it needed a directory.

-Josh
Maybe there's a bug there. Try creating an empty directory on your server and specifying that directory on the web page, along with your filename in "Upload any Sage XML files here".

If there's still a problem, put your XML file in that directory on the server, specify the directory on the web page, and leave "Upload any Sage XML files here" blank.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I know that this is not really recommended for the long term, but how do I disable the user/password requirement on the Sage Web server? (I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with the SageGadget) When I try to just press enter without a password in the Plugin Manager it doesn't seem to like it. Can I do this in the realms.properties files.
It's done on an app-by-app basis. So for the Sage Web UI edit the jetty/contexts/nielm_websrv.context.xml file and change any occurrence of:
Code:
<Set name="authenticate">true</Set>
to:
Code:
<Set name="authenticate">false</Set>
You shouldn't need to restart anything, saving that file will cause Jetty to redeploy the web app.
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

What about the same line(s) in the sagewebapp.xml file. Do they have to be changed? Or is that just for the mobile app?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Sage Icon

That's just for the mobile web app.
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Sage User

Working

I'm not sure what fixed it, but I put the file on the server and put it in the directory. I also made sure I have the Import TV files option selected and it imported the files, so not sure completely what I was doing wrong. But thanks for the help.

-Josh
Old 09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed the new Web UI and I'm able to hit the main page, but anytime I look at details of a show, I get this error:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 503

Problem accessing /sage/DetailedInfo. Reason:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized

Caused by:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.makeUnavailable(ServletHolder.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:449)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet(ServletHolder.java:339)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:478)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)

Powered by Jetty://
I didn't have any issues on the old setup of Web UI without jetty. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I figured the plug-in system was suppose to make it dummy proof. Also, one thing I really liked on the old web ui was being able to convert mac addresses of extenders to useful names. Is this possible to do in the newer version?

Sorry if my questions have been answered else where, but I wasn't able to find it.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I just installed the new Web UI and I'm able to hit the main page, but anytime I look at details of a show, I get this error:

Code:
HTTP ERROR 503

Problem accessing /sage/DetailedInfo. Reason:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized

Caused by:

javax.servlet.UnavailableException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.makeUnavailable(ServletHolder.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:449)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet(ServletHolder.java:339)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:478)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)