SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

Plugin: Web UI for v7

The Jetty build of Nielm's web interface is available in the v7 Plugin Repository. Look for "SageTV Web Interface". It's essentially a repackaging of the current 2.26 beta but is considered stable. It will have a few minor enhancements to support new v7 features. Auto conversion of favorites is already included and one or two more still need to be done.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Location: Stockton, CA - Most miserable city in the USA, SageTV makes it bearable
I installed the 2.26 via the plugin page, but when I browse to the server, it is still showing as 2.25. I had 2.25 installed under v6. I assumed that 2.26 would overwrite the 2.25.

Thanks!
Client 1, 2, 3, and 4: HD200.
NAS: Synology DS220+ 8TB (Movie Storage)
Sage Add-ons: Jetty, Neilms Webserver (Jetty), Mobile Web, Play-On Plug-in, Comskip Plug-in
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

This question came up over in the mobile web ui thread. Please check over there and join the troubleshooting

Thanks.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Can we get a config option (here or in the Jetty plugin) to set the deployment directory to someplace other than %TEMP%? I understand about the file-locking issue, but I need to put it elsewhere to keep it from being deleted by automated cleanup tools.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

I looked at Jetty's code a while ago and there are several options for how the war is extracted and located. The only option that avoids file-locking is the one that writes to the system's temp directory. I'll do some more research, but I think it will require me writing a subclass and each web app modifying their context.xml to use my subclass
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Time for my 10,294th dumb question of the day....

What is the URL to access this, once installed?
Server: AMD Phenom Quad-Core 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, ECS A780GM-A MB, 2x HD-PVRs (connected to DirecTV HD STBs using ethernet channel changing), 1x AverMedia A180, OS RAID-1 mirror - 2x250GB 7200rpm SATA, Media RAID-1 mirror - 2x1TB 7200rpm SATA, USB-UIRT (remote control)
Main Client: Sage STX-HD100 Media extender
Second Client: Athlon XP 4000+, 2GB MB PC3200 DDR, Asus A8N5X MB, 512MB PCI-E ATI HD Radeon 3650, 160 GB SATA - hardware mirrored
Old 05-22-2010, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

http://yourserver:yourport/sage
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I looked at Jetty's code a while ago and there are several options for how the war is extracted and located. The only option that avoids file-locking is the one that writes to the system's temp directory. I'll do some more research, but I think it will require me writing a subclass and each web app modifying their context.xml to use my subclass
Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a fix to the file-locking issue. All I want (at the moment) is the option to move my deployment out of the temp directory and accept the file-locking issue as the lesser of two evils. I can do that now by manually editing the context file, but I have to redo the edit every time I upgrade the plugin. What I'd like is a sanctioned way of doing it that doesn't involve manually editing config files, so that the setting sticks across upgrades.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

How do I set an empty userid/password ? the UI does not allow for this.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

The standard configuration is designed to be secure and support the most common setups. You might be able to modify jetty/etc/realm.properties to remove the user and password but I haven't tried it. Remember to restart Jetty from the Plugin Manager after modifying that file.
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm having trouble with RSS feeds for mp4 files. I converted an mpg to mp4, so now both are available. When I perform a search both files show up in the Web UI. However, if I generate an RSS file that includes the mp4 file I get this error:

Quote:
Exception while generating RSS:
viecili.jrss.generator.elem.InvalidRequiredParamException: type required: null
viecili.jrss.generator.elem.InvalidRequiredParamException: type required: null
at viecili.jrss.generator.elem.Item$Enclosure.(Item.java:241)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.AddShowsToChannel(RssServlet.java:159)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.RssServlet.doServletGet(RssServlet.java:76)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
if I alter my RSS feed such that the mp4 file is excluded from the results, it generates the feed just fine.

http://donna.is-a-chef.com:8080/sage...filename=*.mpg

vs

http://donna.is-a-chef.com:8080/sage...chType=TVFiles

Feel free to access the RSS feeds and play with the paramaters, anything I enter that includes the mp4 files in my library barfs.

Compressed mp4 files are located in a different directory from normal SageTV Recordings if that matters.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The standard configuration is designed to be secure and support the most common setups. You might be able to modify jetty/etc/realm.properties to remove the user and password but I haven't tried it. Remember to restart Jetty from the Plugin Manager after modifying that file.
I've forgotten my password and the plugin won't let me reset it to any default.. can I force it to blank via the realm.properties.. or at least to some sort of default that I can alter?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
I'm having trouble with RSS feeds for mp4 files. I converted an mpg to mp4, so now both are available. When I perform a search both files show up in the Web UI. However, if I generate an RSS file that includes the mp4 file I get this error:

if I alter my RSS feed such that the mp4 file is excluded from the results, it generates the feed just fine.
I think it's because Jetty does not come with a mime-type for mp4. I can add one but for now you can add your own by following these instructions.
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
I've forgotten my password and the plugin won't let me reset it to any default.. can I force it to blank via the realm.properties.. or at least to some sort of default that I can alter?
Yes you can modify the realm.properties by hand to something like
Code:
sage: frey,user
You'll need to restart Sage or restart Jetty in the plugin manager for that to take effect.
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using the non-Jetty version with Sage 6.6. When I move to 7 will I have to use Jetty, and if so, where can I find more info about what it is, how to use, etc.? Or can I keep using what I have with v7?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Sage Icon

You can still use the non-Jetty version with Sage 7 but you won't be able to update it using the plugin manager.
, Java 1.6.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I think it's because Jetty does not come with a mime-type for mp4. I can add one but for now you can add your own by following these instructions.
Thanks, that worked. Just had to tweak the instructions a bit. Looking at the context.xml for Nielm's web server it showed that it wanted the mime.types folder in the SageTV/webserver folder instead of in SageTV/jetty/users.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yes you can modify the realm.properties by hand to something like
Code:
sage: frey,user
You'll need to restart Sage or restart Jetty in the plugin manager for that to take effect.
Great, thanks! I've done that now..

I guess a bigger problem is that Jetty doesn't seem to start! The Sage7 GUI shows it is installed, along with SRE and the Web Interface.. but nothing is being logged by Jetty or SRE.. and the server isn't serving pages...

Any clue I could look for as to why that service/function isn't starting?

Thanks for your continued help.. to all of us!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
Great, thanks! I've done that now..

I guess a bigger problem is that Jetty doesn't seem to start! The Sage7 GUI shows it is installed, along with SRE and the Web Interface.. but nothing is being logged by Jetty or SRE.. and the server isn't serving pages...

Any clue I could look for as to why that service/function isn't starting?

Thanks for your continued help.. to all of us!
Check your JARs folder for duplicate jars (multiple copies of jetty jars). This is usually the #1 cause of Jetty problems.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Check your JARs folder for duplicate jars (multiple copies of jetty jars). This is usually the #1 cause of Jetty problems.
There may be some confusion on what a duplicate jar is. In my case, the file names, although not exact duplicates (they had different version numbering within the file names) were causing the problem as described. I removed all "functional" duplicates, refering to the install date for additional confirmation. It worked fine after removing these files.