SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

In Sage v7 you can view it in the Plugin Manager under Jetty's configuration settings. The value is actually stored in jetty/etc/realm.properties.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Last week I got a notification that one of the plugins needed updating. I cannot remember which one but it was not related to Jetty or the Sage Web UI but ever since then the Web UI no longer works. All I get after logon is:

HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:

NOT_FOUND

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered by Jetty://

I've reinstalled everything to try and fix a bad setting but have not had any luck. I would appreciate any assistance in troubleshooting this. I use the web UI all the time.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

This is reported every now and then. Can you try to shut down SageTV, delete the jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver directory, then start Sage and try the web page again?
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
This is reported every now and then. Can you try to shut down SageTV, delete the jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver directory, then start Sage and try the web page again?
That fixed it.. Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Hi,

I upgraded to SageTV V7 and also upgraded the web server to this new version. In previous version (2.18 I think) the information for shows in the EPG or recorded show was showing the actors / director for the show but not anymore.

Is this something we can get back (the info seems to be there when requesting the XML file for the currently viewed page)?

Regards,
Stéphane
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Hi,

I upgraded to SageTV V7 and also upgraded the web server to this new version. In previous version (2.18 I think) the information for shows in the EPG or recorded show was showing the actors / director for the show but not anymore.

Is this something we can get back (the info seems to be there when requesting the XML file for the currently viewed page)?

Regards,
Stéphane
Are you still having a problem with this? I tried it and saw the actors and director.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Are you still having a problem with this? I tried it and saw the actors and director.
Yup, I have 2.28 installed and don't see actors / directors when I pick a show in the program guide I get the description, category, original aire date, show id and internal details and nothing more, no error nothing.

If I click on the XML link I can see all info in there "<peopleList><person role="Actor"></person>...</peopleList>"

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Version 2.27 is now available. It can be installed from the SageTV Plugin Manager. Changes include:
  1. View what's playing on SageTV Clients from the home page and control them from the web remote
  2. Add "Play in Client" command to Detailed Info page
  3. Only show "Play in SageTV" and "Play in Extender" commands on Detailed Info page if show is currently airing
Jason
Is there a way to give friendly names to the clients? I know what IP goes where but no one else will. I Love these additions, btw!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noizze View Post
Is there a way to give friendly names to the clients? I know what IP goes where but no one else will. I Love these additions, btw!
This is more for jreichen, if he chooses to implement this...

Since the UI Context for a client includes the IP and the port number the client is connecting from, you have to strip the port number from the UI context in order to get a consistent name for mapping. I do this in SageAlert and the code I use to strip the port number is available here (look for the static method massageClientId(String)).

The only gotcha with this approach is that multiple client connections from the same IP cannot be distinguished, however that seems like such an unlikely event I chose not to worry about it.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Yup, I have 2.28 installed and don't see actors / directors when I pick a show in the program guide I get the description, category, original aire date, show id and internal details and nothing more, no error nothing.

If I click on the XML link I can see all info in there "<peopleList><person role="Actor"></person>...</peopleList>"

Regards,
Stéphane.
I'll compare the UI code versus the XML code when I have the chance. If you have a screenshot of the webpage (or the actual page) and a copy of the xml file that might be helpful.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
This is more for jreichen, if he chooses to implement this...

Since the UI Context for a client includes the IP and the port number the client is connecting from, you have to strip the port number from the UI context in order to get a consistent name for mapping. I do this in SageAlert and the code I use to strip the port number is available here (look for the static method massageClientId(String)).
I took a little bit different approach. In the extenders.properties file, place an asterisk ('*') where the port number will be and it will match all ports on that machine.

Quote:
The only gotcha with this approach is that multiple client connections from the same IP cannot be distinguished, however that seems like such an unlikely event I chose not to worry about it.
I agree. I think it's pretty unlikely to happen.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If you have a screenshot of the webpage (or the actual page) and a copy of the xml file that might be helpful.
Ok, here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: txt StripMovie--7577201-0.xml.txt (2.8 KB, 396 views)
File Type: txt Detailed Information for Strip Movie.htm.txt (5.4 KB, 351 views)
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I was wondering if there was a way to link to a show by EPG # of show title so that when any person clicking on "House" on a webpage could be taken to their own SageTV Web Interface showing "house" upcoming episodes.

I would use this as an additional feature to the GeekTonic Upcoming TV Premieres, Specials & Finales features I do. If someone reading through the upcoming premiere's list saw something they wanted to add to their favorites or view upcoming airings they could just click the link.

Is that possible? If so how do I do that in a hyperlink?
Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

It's possible, but not easy. Here's the format of the hyperlink you'd need to follow (this one looks for future airings of House):

Code:
http://192.168.0.1:8080/sage/Search?SearchString=House&searchType=Airings&Video=on&DVD=on&ExactTitle=on&search_fields=title&filename=&TimeRange=0&Categories=**Any**&Channels=**Any**&watched=any&dontlike=any&favorite=any&firstruns=any&hdtv=any&archived=any&manrec=any&autodelete=any&partials=none&sort1=airdate_asc&sort2=none&grouping=None&pagelen=100
Of course, replace IP and port as appropriate. And that is the issue, you'd have to ask the user for their server's IP and port number in order to generate the appropriate link.

Here's the link for generating a favourite (this example is for House):

Code:
http://192.168.0.1:8080/sage/FavoriteDetails?AddTitle=House
Again, you need to replace the IP and port with each user's details. If users of your site provided the host/ip and port in their user profile, let's say, then all of a sudden it becomes a much easier task to accomplish.

EDIT: Or you could ask for the user's placeshifter locator id and then use the locator id to IP lookup tool Narflex talked about awhile ago (can't find the thread). I think you'd still need the user to provide the webserver's port number anyway so this may not be as convenient as I thought originally (but still another way to do it).

Last edited by Slugger; 09-06-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
you'd still need the user to provide the webserver's port number anyway
Bummer. I was hoping there might be a way to have a generic hyperlink that would open up a given "TV Show search" in any SageTV users web admin. That way a generic list of premieres for the week would have a useful hyperlink that when clicked on would open up each users SageTV Web Admin with the appropriate TV Show info.

Oh well. Thanks for the info
Old 09-06-2010, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bummer. I was hoping there might be a way to have a generic hyperlink that would open up a given "TV Show search" in any SageTV users web admin. That way a generic list of premieres for the week would have a useful hyperlink that when clicked on would open up each users SageTV Web Admin with the appropriate TV Show info.

Well, this isn't impossible either, but now you're talking about browser plugins - I can think of ways to do this with a Firefox plugin, for example. Either way, somehow, the user is going to have to provide the details on how to connect to their SageTV web server plugin - whether that's via a browser plugin or through a user profile on your site is just implementation details (browser plugins being the more difficult choice, imho).
Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Brent, I like the idea but Slugger did a good job of spelling out the problems. Here's the locator id thread.

Thinking out loud here - I've never done this. I wonder how it would work to have a simple page on Sage's web site you could point to and pass it a set of parameters. The user would log into that page (or have login info saved), then Sage's web server could map the login to the user's locator id (and nobody else would have access to it to help preserve privacy) and from there to the IP and redirect to the user's web site based on the info you provided it. It's basically one more level of indirection to provide more privacy to the user.

Another question: are EPG id's the same across lineups?

Something similar was requested for the web ui. Put a link in the UI so a user can email a show to a friend.

One other thing, the search strings can be shortened quite a bit by getting rid of parameters that use default values such as '**Any**' or 'any'.
, Java 1.6.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Sage User

war file

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
If you copied and pasted the error from your web browser, then you misspelled the url. The sage web url is case sensitive. Be sure to use:

Code:
http://server:port/sage/Home
In the url, take note that sage is lowercase and Home is capitalized. If it's not spelled with the correct case, it will return a 404 Not Found error. You can also leave off the /Home part of the url and it will automatically redirect to the correct page.

Some other things that might cause that 404 error: The .war file isn't actually being deployed or is being erased after it is deployed. If it's not being deployed (it deploys to the Windows Temp directory), you'll have to enable Jetty logging to try to track down why...possibly an incomplete or corrupt download of the .war file? If it is being deployed, the Windows Disk Cleanup tool (and some other 3rd party disk maintenance tools) that clears out the Windows Temp directory may be erasing the deployed app if you run any of these Disk Cleanup tools regularly. That's about all I got...hope it helps.
I edited the .war file forgot the name but I am sure someone knows. Its a binary file so be careful what you edit it with. I used Programmer's notepad. Anyway I edited it to change all the lowerca se "h" to uppercase 'H' should be about 4 of them. I did all of this with SageTV and the SageTV service not running. After I finished editing I restarted everything and tried it and it worked just fine. I will look up the name of the file.war if someone wants me to.

Dana
Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another question: are EPG id's the same across lineups?
The external show id would be the same, but only for users of the same EPG source (i.e. Zap2It). If a user were using a 3rd party plugin for EPG data (or even OTA data, I think, not sure, don't use it) then not even the external show ids would be the same. The Sage airing ids, show ids, etc. would never be the same (or one hell of a coincidence if they were) as those are generated, incremental keys created as needed by the core.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Brent,

I think I've worked out a way to do this. I don't have time to do it right now but if someone wants to write a PHP page or two, they can contact me and I'll get them started.

Jason
, Java 1.6.