SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great thanks! Used that in the past, but the options didn't 'stick'... seems to keep what's set now, wonderful.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Great thanks! Used that in the past, but the options didn't 'stick'... seems to keep what's set now, wonderful.
Why haven't I ever clicked on that options link before? The mind boggles! Where's the tequila?
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
Looks like you have the old SageTV Web Server by nielm still installed. Try shutting down SageTV (or SageTVService if runinng in service mode), move the nielm_sagewebserver.jar out of the JARs directory, restart SageTV, and retest the web server address. There may also be a runnable class that you added to the SageTV properties file when installing the old nielm web server. If you did, you should probably remove that from the properties file (when SageTV is shutdown)...probably won't hurt anything if you leave it there, but I like to clean up old installs by undoing all changes made during the original installation.

The new plugin system should prevent these things from happening in the future. So, once people get past these minor glitches from their manually installed plugins from pre-V7 SageTV, plugin installs and upgrades should go much smoother
Excellent job robogeek That's right on the money. For future reference (to anyone), there's a wiki page for migrating nielm's web interface from its own server (TJWS) to the Jetty server. Hope that helps.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
That was it! Thanks. I tried absolutely everything else, including all uppercase, all lower case, etc.
What a relief, it's such a useful addition and makes things easier for me. I appreciate it, but I do wonder if there's a reason it needs to mixed case, all lowercase would be much more consistent... I can't speak for all sage web apps but both bmt and sjq are accessed using lowercase. At least it's easy to convey... even to the unobservant like me... Just a thought. Thanks again for the help, I'm back in action!
Yes it would be, but that's how it's always been and I'm not going to change it in a minor update. It would end up raising more questions than it would answer.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am also getting a SageXMLWriter exception

Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:
net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter

I have tried uninstalling Jetty and the sage web app and then re-installing but keep getting the same error.

I've attached my log if that helps.

I've looked to ensure my JARs are correct and nothing looks out of the ordinary.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (198.9 KB, 547 views)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin View Post
I am also getting a SageXMLWriter exception

Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:
net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/sageplugins/sagexmlinfo/SageXmlWriter

I have tried uninstalling Jetty and the sage web app and then re-installing but keep getting the same error.

I've attached my log if that helps.

I've looked to ensure my JARs are correct and nothing looks out of the ordinary.
You are missing a dependency .jar file for the SageTV Web Server plugin. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the plugin installation or if you manually removed the .jar, but what you need is the nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar file. You can find it in the Library section of the plugin manager listed as Nielm's Sage XML Info. If it's listed as Installed in the plugin manager, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. If it's not installed, install it from the plugin manager, and then see if the web page loads.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks robogeek, that fixed it!

The JAR was showing up as "installed" in Sage even though it wasn't. I had to do a fake uninstall of the JAR which also meant uninstalling all the web server plugins. I then installed the web UI again and it worked!

Thanks again.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.27 is now available. It can be installed from the SageTV Plugin Manager. Changes include:

1. View what's playing on SageTV Clients from the home page and control them from the web remote
  2. Add "Play in Client" command to Detailed Info page
  3. Only show "Play in SageTV" and "Play in Extender" commands on Detailed Info page if show is currently airing
  4. Support for SageTV Plugin Manager
  5. Favorite Automatic Conversions
  6. Increase maximum for Favorite Keep at Most from 15 to 63
  7. Fixed NullPointerException in RssServlet if media file doesn't have a mime type (defaults to text/plain)
  8. Fixed NullPointerException in XmlImporter if the specified directory is not a valid directory on the server
  9. Extract war to temp directory in jetty/webapps
  10. Adopt conventions for /apps application
  11. Change command text from "Cancel Recording" to "Cancel Manual Recording" for clarity
Jason
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the update to an already great interface...

I found a program I was going to quickly add as a favorite but ran into a problem - see below. No means of saving the favorite once configured.

Thanks...

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: png Web UI.png (216.6 KB, 541 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

There's more to the error message than what is shown on the screen. Can you look at the page source and see if it has the rest of the error? That would help a lot.
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
There's more to the error message than what is shown on the screen. Can you look at the page source and see if it has the rest of the error? That would help a lot.
I hope this is what you mean:

<body><pre>
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.FavoriteDetailsServlet.doServletGet(FavoriteDetailsServlet.java:523)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:86)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
</pre>
Old 07-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Same problem for me. I get AppleTV in the drop down and then the exception. Page stops there so there is no way to save it.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Sage Icon

jbrandon, thanks that's what I was hoping for. It shows me right where it's happening in the code.
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.28 is now available:
  1. Fixed NullPointerException in auto conversion section of Favorite Details page
, Java 1.6.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Version 2.28 is now available:
  1. Fixed NullPointerException in auto conversion section of Favorite Details page
Tested, problem solved. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I know the web UI can read XML files and import recordings into the database but I can't find the definition of the format of the XML file. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Also, what's available to actually create the XML files? I know the Malore menus can do it but I thought the web UI could as well but I can't find that either

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I know the web UI can read XML files and import recordings into the database but I can't find the definition of the format of the XML file. Can somebody point me in the right direction?
http://sageplugins.cvs.sourceforge.n...td?view=markup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Also, what's available to actually create the XML files? I know the Malore menus can do it but I thought the web UI could as well but I can't find that either
Look for the orange xml icons on the web pages. That should be what you're looking for.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

I've run into a minor problem getting XML from the webserver when the tuning device has a # in it.

For example when referencing tuner "Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device #2" this link is generated, "server: port/sage/RecordingSchedule?encoder=Hauppauge%20HD%20PVR%20Capture%20Device%20#2&xml=yes"

At first, I thought the filtered web page has it right because it replaces the # with a %23, but when I change the # to %23 for the XML link, it shows me XML for all upcoming recordings instead of the ones just for that tuner. If you click directly on the XML link, you get a page showing all the upcoming recording with the message: "Error: unknown encoder: Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device"

I'm assuming the # is somehow being read as start comment because everything after it is being ignored. I realize I could just rename the device. I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere as an issue so I'm asking here if this is a known problem and if there's a way to work around it other than renaming the tuning device.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 08-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

The hash/pound symbol is a special character in URLs and is causing problems with the XML generator. I don't have time to look at it right now but I'll add it to my todo list.
, Java 1.6.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

So, um.... where can I look (if anywhere) to find my username? I remember my password but seem to have forgotten my username.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.