SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

The Database has grown larger ...

I am getting this error:

"The Database has grown larger than what can be stored in memory. Additional media files cannot be added to the library until some existing files or imports paths are removed."

Any ideas? I dont have that much recored, 105 shows and plenty of hard drive space.

TIA
Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Where are you seeing this message? Sounds like what you get when importing too many files into an HD200 in standalone mode. I've never heard of any such limit on the PC-based SageTV software. So if you're intending to import files into the software, make sure your HD200 is running in extender mode, not standalone player mode.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl View Post
I am getting this error:

"The Database has grown larger than what can be stored in memory. Additional media files cannot be added to the library until some existing files or imports paths are removed."

Any ideas? I dont have that much recored, 105 shows and plenty of hard drive space.

TIA
That generally the message that is given when the HD200 is in stand alone mode and your external drive you have hooked to it has more than 16,000 (or is it 32,000) different media items on it.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 03-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Sage User

I have the same issue. I don't have the SageTV software and am using the extender in standalone mode. It is hooked up to a server with tons of music files.

Is the only solution to remove certain directories and therefore limit the media that the HD200 can play? This solution doesn't seem like an acceptable one.

Brian
Old 03-28-2010, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
I have the same issue. I don't have the SageTV software and am using the extender in standalone mode. It is hooked up to a server with tons of music files.

Is the only solution to remove certain directories and therefore limit the media that the HD200 can play? This solution doesn't seem like an acceptable one.

Brian
Unfortunately yes. I assume the developers have put a cap so that the database containing the all the various files doesn't take up so much memory that the HD200 no longer has any available for the GUI / Media Playback / etc. This is just a guess on my part. I believe the orignal limitation was 16,000 when it first came out and they have since bumped it to 32,000. The alternative is to run the Sage Media Center on your server and then you can have an unlimited number of media files since the database is stored on the server rather than the memory of the HD200.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
Unfortunately yes. I assume the developers have put a cap so that the database containing the all the various files doesn't take up so much memory that the HD200 no longer has any available for the GUI / Media Playback / etc. This is just a guess on my part. I believe the orignal limitation was 16,000 when it first came out and they have since bumped it to 32,000. The alternative is to run the Sage Media Center on your server and then you can have an unlimited number of media files since the database is stored on the server rather than the memory of the HD200.
I don't believe there is any way to run the software on my server as it is run by UNRAID and there is no operating system or anything...I wouldn't even know how to install software on it.

Would there be a way to insert a thumb drive via USB into the HD200 and gain all the extra storage for the database this way? Or, tell the HD200 to keep the database in one of the drives without the need to install any software?

Thanks,
Brian

PS Not only has control of the HD200 slowed down to a crawl, but it is lagging behind remote commands and still shows an error with the database.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Strangely enough I got this error today and my HD200 has only been used in standalone mode.