SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Freeview oz channel logos

Hey there,

I went on a quick search to download some new logos for the additional stations on the weekend but didn't manage to find anything much. I ended up cutting the attached collection from screenshots of the Freeview site's flash pages.

I thought I'd post them here just in case they're of use to someone. Here's a pic;

Unfortunately I found that the guide in SageMC was scaling them to be smaller than I'd expected and was also taking up more room for the channel column than I'd anticipated. After some playing about in Studio I think I've managed to tweak the guide proportions to work with most settings. I've included an stvi resizeGuideForLogos.xml in the zip file below if you'd like to make the same changes.

Here's a before and after of the guide layout on my system;

Mick.

PS: the jpg files need to go into your "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ChannelLogos" directory and need to be renamed to match the channel id's you're using.
Attached Files
File Type: zip freeViewLogos.zip (176.0 KB, 777 views)
Old 07-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for this.. I was thinking it was about time to upgrade my logos..

Cheers

Peter
Old 07-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb View Post
Thanks for this.. I was thinking it was about time to upgrade my logos..

Cheers

Peter
No worries,

Let us know if you have any problems with the scaling.

Mick.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mick, do you know if there is a way to get rid of the channel name, and leave just the logo in Sage with the default STV?

Fr
Old 07-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack_30 View Post
Mick, do you know if there is a way to get rid of the channel name, and leave just the logo in Sage with the default STV?

Fr
Sorry. The only option that I can see in the default stv is to set whether they appear on one or two lines. This setting is in the options (ctrl-o) for the guide. Someone who regularly uses the default stv might have a better idea.

It should be fairly easy to modify this in Studio. I'll try to take a look sometime on the weekend if nobody chimes in with an easier way.

Mick.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Sage User

Thanks mate, I was too lazy to do this myself
Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Fr
Hey there,

As nobody has chimed in with an easier way and I've not been able to find it, I've gone ahead and removed the channel name and number from the default stv.

As with the rescaling import for SageMC above, someone who knows what they're doing could actually add a setting for this rather than just deleting and hard setting items as I've done. For the moment though it's easy enough to back out changes by reloading the previous version of the stv I guess.

Here are some pics:

Mick.

PS: Ooooh. I like the way that the default stv handles plugins these days.
Attached Files
File Type: stvi RemoveStationNameNumberFromStandardSTV.stvi (2.0 KB, 521 views)
Old 07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up

Mick, thankyou soo much for that, I've never used Studio before, I'm too afraid of breaking things!
I'll try this this afternoon after I migrate everything over to WHS.(just took delivery of a 5 disk in 3 bay SATA cage from the States - going to try WHS)
Fraser
Old 07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Mick, thankyou soo much for that, I've never used Studio before, I'm too afraid of breaking things!
I'll try this this afternoon after I migrate everything over to WHS.(just took delivery of a 5 disk in 3 bay SATA cage from the States - going to try WHS)
Fraser
No Worries. Good luck with the whs system. I've been wondering if it's worth going that way for my next rebuild.

Mick.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I got everything setup to the point of setting up the xmltv guide, and the channels in Sage, and I've had enough!
I put the old boot drive back in, so we're back to normal for now.
I'll have another go at it fresh tomorrow, then it's just the migration of recordings from 4 drives into the drive pool.aser
It would be so much easier if we didn't have 200 favorites and two and a half terrabytes of recordings.
I'll let you know how WHS goes after I't's settled in Mick

I'm now going to try your little stv on my hd200.......

Fraser
Old 11-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Updated Freeview logos

Hey there,

Just noticed that I didn't have a logo up for the new 7two channel so thought I'd just go and just add the missing one. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon how you look at it) the Freeview folks have gone and updated all of the logos on the site

Below is an updated set of Aussie Freeview logos. The dimensions are slightly different from the previous set but a quick check seems to indicate that they work as expected with the layout hacks mentioned above.

Prime haven't revealed what their version of 7two will be yet so there will probably be another update when this becomes available. I think this is happening sometime in December.

As with the previous set they need to be renamed to match the callsigns that you're using and copied to your c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\channelLogos (or equivalent) directory.

Mick.

PS: I kinda prefer some of the logos from the previous set so may muck about with creating a hybrid of the two sets. Will post them up here if I do.

Edit: 7TwoPrime is on the air now. I've added an additional attachment with this logo.
Edit: ABC News 24 logo also attached below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7twoPrime.jpg (15.3 KB, 502 views)
File Type: jpg ABC NEWS 24.jpg (13.2 KB, 456 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip freeViewLogos2.zip (355.2 KB, 552 views)

Last edited by mickp; 08-07-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added ABC News 24 logo
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Sage User

Mate these look great...

I use Linux, so once we've got the DVB-T HDHR beta testing sorted out, I'm going to have a play with these.

Thread book marked...
Old 08-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

ABC News 24 Logo

Here's a matching logo for ABC News 24 courtesy of the folks at freeview.com.au.

Mick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABC NEWS 24.jpg (13.2 KB, 443 views)
Old 08-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mick,

Thanks for that.. Any chance you can re-patch your default stvi changes? The latest stvi update for v6 breaks it and it will no longer load. Removing it gives me back the old cr*p epg...

Cheers

Peter
Old 08-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjb View Post
Mick,

Thanks for that.. Any chance you can re-patch your default stvi changes? The latest stvi update for v6 breaks it and it will no longer load. Removing it gives me back the old cr*p epg...

Cheers

Peter
Hi Peter,

Sorry. I hadn't realised that this had been borked. I'll try to take a look at this in the next day or so. I've cut over to Sage 7 so will be able to load the Sage7 version of the Sage 6 stv (if that makes sense) but won't be able to do this on V6. Hopefully this will be similar enough to work. Otherwise I might need to describe how to make the changes.

Mick.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mick,

No worries.. I might just have to update to V7 as an alternative

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 08-13-2010 at 07:19 PM.