SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Peter,

I don't use any setups like this hopefully someone can answer you more fully.

I do know id drill down it does not scale to the number of dvds you have as that would take forever to code. Now I could code the groups to be smaller scale but that still wouldn't work for allot of people

I did get rid of the ugly as crap blu folder that should not be display at all and it should scale the jpeg to full size and the same size as others.

Like I said hopefully someone else can test this for you as I don't have anything set up like this. If no one can I can emulate and let you know.
Ok.

So it sounds like

1.) Jpeg is scaled to to be full size and folder is not visible.
2.) In your moviewall preview picture in the first post, on the top right there is something that says "4 items". Is this a folder? If so, if you go into it, what is on the next screen? Is it just the default list view or is it the SMW again?
3.) Sounds good. I was just curious but it does sound like a hassle to code.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

See my second reply and yes that is a folder

when drilled down you still get smw showing the items inside it.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Okay I had time to emulate.

The main folder shows friends coverart and text over it which shows 2 items

when drilled down it shows the cover art and labels them friends s01d01 and friends s01d02 as the titles

hope that helps.

Also using list view you can edit the fanart and coverart it is using (you can't do this currently in folder view but I am adding that) but the changes in list view effect folder view as fars as coverart is concerned.

Awesome!

I think that feature alone will make a lot of people happy. Better handling of DVD boxed set structure is a frequently requested feature.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

So try it out already let me know what it does and what It needs to do
Old 04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
correct babg if you notice the current build swaps the DVD logo for a small bluray logo when you are over a blu ray

I want to swap the cover sleeve as well for a blu ray sleeve but I am not good at photoshop
Different thing:

Attached Images
File Type: png bdmv.png (488.2 KB, 1699 views)
Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Different thing:

Something is wrong with you file format here. Is is in a main folder with the title name? My blu rays show cover art just fine.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey all peters questions got me back on something I have been wanting to do.

What about replacing banners if available for the text in list view. Of course banners are only automatically pulled for tv series like his friends situation this is what it gives you.

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...nt=friends.jpg

food for thought.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Something is wrong with you file format here. Is is in a main folder with the title name? My blu rays show cover art just fine.
That's my Virtual Clone Drive disc. It would be cool if it would show up like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BDMV2.jpg (8.8 KB, 1681 views)
Old 04-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Okay I had time to emulate.

The main folder shows friends coverart and text over it which shows 2 items

when drilled down it shows the cover art and labels them friends s01d01 and friends s01d02 as the titles

hope that helps.

Also using list view you can edit the fanart and coverart it is using (you can't do this currently in folder view but I am adding that) but the changes in list view effect folder view as fars as coverart is concerned.
Ok, so I got another one for you.

I am interpreting what you have above as being able to edit the coverart per Movie or DVD.

1.) Would this also give the ability to set the Fanart/coverat for the Folder? I think by default, SageMC will grab the .jpg from the first movie in the folder and use it for the folder.

2.) Can we edit what the "2 items" says? For example, just have it display "Season 1" or display nothing at all.

This is motivating me to get the spare computer I have at home up and running this weekend.

That way I can have a client that I can test all these exciting new add-ins on.

Last edited by Peter_h; 04-24-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hey all peters questions got me back on something I have been wanting to do.

What about replacing banners if available for the text in list view. Of course banners are only automatically pulled for tv series like his friends situation this is what it gives you.

http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/w...nt=friends.jpg

food for thought.

What does it look like in the list with all of the other titles?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay I see what you are saying the fanart and cover art are grabbed from the first folder at first thought I think I can change this but it might require some tinkering

The "2 items" is listed in small text over the folder the main title bar still reads friends season one or whatever the folder is named

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Ok, so I got another one for you.

I am interpreting what you have above as being able to edit the coverart per Movie or DVD.

1.) Would this also give the ability to set the Fanart/coverat for the Folder? I think by default, SageMC will grab the .jpg from the first movie in the folder and use it for the folder.

2.) Can we edit what the "2 items" says? For example, just have it display "Season 1" or display nothing at all.

This is motivating me to get the spare computer I have at home up and running this weekend.

That way I can have a client that I can test all these exciting new add-ins on.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
That's my Virtual Clone Drive disc. It would be cool if it would show up like
Okay I gotcha now that should be an easy change for the next build

While I am at it might go ahead and change the default blank DVD cover art as well
Old 04-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is it possible to have the wrapping work when I push up. What I mean is I can't get to the bottom movies by pushing the up button when I first start movie wall.

Thanks,
Q
________
RC165

Last edited by Quazeye; 01-26-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

That is listed in the release notes and is a problem with sage and 1 dimensional tables don't wrap correctly

It will wrap down if vertical and right If horizontal

Unless sage issues a fix I can't fix it as 2 deminsional table won't work here
Old 04-27-2009, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Well the weekend is over almost 900 views I don't know how many downloads but I am going to guess no news is good news

Just for those interested I am starting work on the sage music and picture walls as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Sage Expert

I had a question about the details screen. I don't use the advanced movie info screen, and just set the video screen to the "program info" (which is the default) screen and it seems to work with the Wall plugin. Is there any reason that it would not use that screen if the AMIS plugin is not installed?

Also one note on the video counts on the folder view, it seems to have the same issue as the default video screen, it seems to count folders within the folders, and not the actual number of videos under that folder.

Thanks for all of your great work...
Jeff
Old 04-27-2009, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

No that was on old requirement I just love AMIS and left it as a requirement.

As for the count. I didn't know that was an "Exisitng" issue. I don't use videos within folders so I am new to what and how they work. I will look into that and see what can be done on my wall to improve it.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed and played with it over the weekend. No problem so far and the WAF has gone up significantly. If I can just get the batch fanart import to work for me I'll be golden.

One thing though, do you know if there a toggle for the alphabetical shortcut thingy on the right? My brain can't seem to be able to learn not to go there...

feature request:
configure list view/wall view per folder or maybe per level.

I like the wall view for movies and series title but less so for movie genre or when I choose which episode I want to watch. If it could remember where I want the wall and where I want the list, it would be perfect.

Thanks again

Gog
Old 04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog View Post
I installed and played with it over the weekend. No problem so far and the WAF has gone up significantly. If I can just get the batch fanart import to work for me I'll be golden.

One thing though, do you know if there a toggle for the alphabetical shortcut thingy on the right? My brain can't seem to be able to learn not to go there...

feature request:
configure list view/wall view per folder or maybe per level.

I like the wall view for movies and series title but less so for movie genre or when I choose which episode I want to watch. If it could remember where I want the wall and where I want the list, it would be perfect.

Thanks again

Gog
Hey your welcome glad you like it.

There is no configuration for the right numbers but that could be an option and is a great idea. I have added it to the request list.

I also like the idea of list view for drill down and wall view for main folders added it to the list

great ideas and glad you liked it.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Sage User

I installed this weekend and it looks great. However, when I press enter (only using keyboard/mouse setup at the moment) I cannot play a movie. When using My Videos I can. What step did I miss in setting up sage wall?

I went to New -> Internal Screen -> Sage Wall. Is this not the correct way to create pointer to Sage Wall?

TIA !

toby