SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: Sage Movie Wall V2 (SMW)

Currently in Public Beta*** (I say this mostly as phoenix sage, and sagemc are in beta as well)
Current Version = V4.01 Updated 10/06/09

Download latest version

Pre-release talk can be found here
Link
Finally for release is my Import Sage Movie Wall or SMW for you acronym lovers.

I started this project because the default Sagemc Video Library screen was too lacking coming from media center. After many, many builds it has gotten allot better but is not finished yet. Sage Movie Wall is now over 500 builds into it . That being said there is a version 5 preview view in this build V5 will be a complete we-rite from the ground up

I need to thank a couple of people first

• RazrSharpe- Without his help on our API and our teamwork helping each other where we can this app would not be near where it is today.
• DBone- For his relentless testing and I mean relentless also for doing a great blog writeup on how to install and use SMW!!.
• RLSimpson & Feekill- for their Photoshop work much appreciated.
• Brent- For his continued blog writings/instructions and support testing
• BabgVant- For hosting all my crap and his also relentless testing
• PeterReader & PeterH- Also are relentless testers and give their ideas/feedback constantly.
• MeinMaui and Stuckless-Their work/efforts on phoenix api and Sagemc are relentless and none of this would be possible without it.

Lastly but not least all the other beta testers they are a huge reason you see some of the things that are there today because of their input and suggestions. They really helped the import come along.
Alright enough of that now for the good stuff.

Installation Instructions can be found here.

Instructions

ShortCuts

Guide = Actors in current movie

Search = Quick Categories

Stop = Grab focus of scrollable info if there is any.

Skip2 (ff&bb) = quick change of current filterset.

Known Issues

1. When you use the sidebar (letters) and select one. When you move off that one it may go up or down instead of sideways. (In folder/poster view)
2. Does not work with Touchscreen Import

SageMovieWAll no longer supports folder.jpegs fully and fanart is required. If you have folder jpegs please use the below conversion tool to get it in fanart structure nothing else is required but this extra tool

Advanced Fanart Tool

Black backgound in wall is correct and non adjustable if I allow themes they bleed through when transparancy is set and makes it look bad.
There are still some things I want to add or change will put that list up shortly.

Remember you cannot re-import new version on top of old always start with a blank mc.xml

If you are running a version before version 4 you must delete all properties that start with "pluckyhd" from your properties file before runing version 4.

Enjoy!!!!!
Version 4

Screen caps of V 4.0
3DWall
ActorsInMovie
CoverFlow
CoverFlowInfo
GridViewBlack
GridViewBlue
GridViewBurnt
ListView
ListViewInfo
ListViewScrollableInfo
Small List
WallView
WallViewInfoHorizontal
WallViewInfoVertical
WallViewInfoScroll

HomePage

Actors/Directors/Writers
Categories/Tags

Homepage Themes

Joker
StarWars
Reflections

TaggingMenu

CustomTags

Preview view of version 5 (not fully supported yet but does function and meant to be a preview of “What’s To Come”) . There are a couple of issues with is currently but you can use it if you want.

What’s to Come
What’s to Come Info

Version History

2.01 05/07/2009
• Version two release --v.2 changelog
V3 1.04 06/29/2009
• Version three release v3 released

V4 1.00 08/28/2009
• Version Four release almost a complete re-write from version 3.

V4 1.01 10/06/2009
• Misc Patches/fixes for V4. List of fixes

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 10-26-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

***placedholder for request/issues****

Please try and post all issues/request at the following googlesite if posted on these forums cannot guarantee they will be fixed. Also please check this forum for resolution to make sure it really is an error.

IssuePosting

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 11-30-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Looks nice. I'll try to take it for a spin today.

Appreciate the work!!

Matt
Old 04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Cool, I'll give this a whirl in a bit as I missed the last few beta versions.

Nice job
Old 04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Looks good.

BTW: You might want to change the two screencaps you posted to .jpg or.png. As BMP they are a huge download.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Looks good.

BTW: You might want to change the two screencaps you posted to .jpg or.png. As BMP they are a huge download.
Yeah they are big but when I lower the size (jpeg or .png) they loose to much quality hopefully all has broadband
Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've been hoping for something like this for a long time. I guess I don't have to learn studio now

Screenshots are exactly what I'm looking for. I can't wait to get home and try this.

Thanks for the hard work.

Gog
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

tHANKS,

Wanted to add if you want an easy way to bypass video library for this

edit your menu.xml file and replace "Video Library Folder View" with "Sage Movie Wall"

that is how I did it until it gets added as a screen option in SageMC
Old 04-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

Will this also group by folder? IE for multi dvd boxed sets like tv shows.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yeah they are big but when I lower the size (jpeg or .png) they loose to much quality hopefully all has broadband
Awesome work! Once stuff is out of beta, I'll be installing all of these great new toys! I changed them to JPG's and saved them at 90% quality to get down to 338k and 210k.

EDIT: PLUCKYHD has replaced the ones he was linking to with the ones I provided, so my attachments are no longer required.

Last edited by Skirge01; 04-24-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Will this also group by folder? IE for multi dvd boxed sets like tv shows.
Peter all grouping/categories should work just like in video library. For now I am not independent of that.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Awersome work! Once stuff is out of beta, I'll be installing all of these great new toys! I changed them to JPG's and saved them at 90% quality to get down to 338k and 210k. I can't tell the difference. If you want me to remove the attachments, I will. If you like them, feel free to use them.
Thanks I will change out the ones above I am not photoshoper.

Speaking off if someone would like to make me a bluray cover to slap over the blurays in .png it would be much apprecited I made on but it isn't that good as that is not my strongpoint.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:

Speaking off if someone would like to make me a bluray cover to slap over the blurays in .png it would be much apprecited I made on but it isn't that good as that is not my strongpoint.
There's a blu-ray logo in my GRS import that you can use if you want. It doesn't look pretty up close but works ok once used on the screen.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
There's a blu-ray logo in my GRS import that you can use if you want. It doesn't look pretty up close but works ok once used on the screen.
Yeah it is used in place of the "Dvd" logo when a blu ray is selected but no very visible I am moded your dvd cover sleeve but it doesn't look the best was hoping someone would offer something better up for me
Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Awersome work! Once stuff is out of beta, I'll be installing all of these great new toys! I changed them to JPG's and saved them at 90% quality to get down to 338k and 210k. I can't tell the difference. If you want me to remove the attachments, I will. If you like them, feel free to use them.

These were swapped out above you can remove thanks!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Can you put this on the BDMV folder that show up (or is that what you're saying)?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

correct babg if you notice the current build swaps the DVD logo for a small bluray logo when you are over a blu ray

I want to swap the cover sleeve as well for a blu ray sleeve but I am not good at photoshop
Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Peter all grouping/categories should work just like in video library. For now I am not independent of that.
Interesting.

I primarily use the folder view because we have tons of DVD box sets. (Friends = 10 seasons x 4 dvd/season = 40 DVD's)

One thing that has always bothered me is that this displays an ugly folder and I can not dictate the picture on the folder or replace the folder entirely to display one of the DVD covers. So this brings me to a few questions.

1.) How are folders displayed in SMW?

2.) If I click on that folder and go to the next screen is the SMW also use there? Example "Friends - Season 1" folder is displayed on SMW. I click on that and it takes me to another screen that has the 4 DVD's for that season inside. Is SMW use on this screen as well?

3.) Are the DVD's scaled or is is it fixed rows and columns? For example, in question 2, the second screen would only have 4 dvd's. Are these larger or are they fixed to the column and row width you have set for the plugin?

Sorry for all the questions. This is really awesome and I can't wait to try this out but I have to wait to do upgrades or tinker. It keeps me from breaking things and getting in trouble with the wife.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Peter,

I don't use any setups like this hopefully someone can answer you more fully.

I do know id drill down it does not scale to the number of dvds you have as that would take forever to code. Now I could code the groups to be smaller scale but that still wouldn't work for allot of people

I did get rid of the ugly as crap blu folder that should not be display at all and it should scale the jpeg to full size and the same size as others.

Like I said hopefully someone else can test this for you as I don't have anything set up like this. If no one can I can emulate and let you know.

Quote:
Interesting.

I primarily use the folder view because we have tons of DVD box sets. (Friends = 10 seasons x 4 dvd/season = 40 DVD's)

One thing that has always bothered me is that this displays an ugly folder and I can not dictate the picture on the folder or replace the folder entirely to display one of the DVD covers. So this brings me to a few questions.

2.) If I click on that folder and go to the next screen is the SMW also use there? Example "Friends - Season 1" folder is displayed on SMW. I click on that and it takes me to another screen that has the 4 DVD's for that season inside. Is SMW use on this screen as well?

3.) Are the DVD's scaled or is is it fixed rows and columns? For example, in question 2, the second screen would only have 4 dvd's. Are these larger or are they fixed to the column and row width you have set for the plugin?

Sorry for all the questions. This is really awesome and I can't wait to try this out but I have to wait to do upgrades or tinker. It keeps me from breaking things and getting in trouble with the wife.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay I had time to emulate.

The main folder shows friends coverart and text over it which shows 2 items

when drilled down it shows the cover art and labels them friends s01d01 and friends s01d02 as the titles

hope that helps.

Also using list view you can edit the fanart and coverart it is using (you can't do this currently in folder view but I am adding that) but the changes in list view effect folder view as fars as coverart is concerned.

Quote:
Interesting.