SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Sage User

HD200 will not connect to server

My two STB100s work great, but my new HD200 will not connect to my server. It finds it just fine. But when I tell it to connect is just sits at the "stagetv media center is starting up" screen. Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Has it ever connected OK? If so, then I would check the HD200's properties file on the SageTV server -- found in the 'clients' subdirectory under the SageTV install location where sagetv.exe is located, named as <mac address of HD200>.properties. Maybe it got corrupted somehow, so try renaming it and its .autobackup copy, then try connecting with the HD200 again.

If it is brand new, have you updated the firmware on it?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have that problem maybe once every week or two. It's happened with different versions of the firmware on multiple units as well as different versions of the server. Sometimes it will even happen when I'm already watching something on one HD200 and I try to start a second HD200. The second will do exactly what you've described. The first one will keep playing until I turn off and on the first HD200. Then it won't reconnect either.

Only solution I've found is to stop and restart the service. It hasn't been a big enough of a problem for me to submit a ticket.