SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Exclamation IMPORTANT: Use the default STV for configuration purposes

Please note that until SageMC is updated to make use of the current default STV for configuration purposes, such as tuner setup, you must load the SageTV3.xml STV before changing any non-SageMC settings in the user interface.

Letting SageMC load its own custom version of the default STV will not work because it is based on an old STV version which does not have the changes in the v6.4 default STV.

After making your configuration changes in the default STV, you can reload SageMC and continue using it as usual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Sage Expert

Sorry, but what does "STV" stand for?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
Sorry, but what does "STV" stand for?
That's the file defining the interface. There's a FAQ for Is there some sort of reference for the various acronyms and terms used around here?, which leads to a topic called Acronyms for SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
That's the file defining the interface. There's a FAQ for Is there some sort of reference for the various acronyms and terms used around here?, which leads to a topic called Acronyms for SageTV.

- Andy
Thanks Andy. I should have looked for the FAQ first.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

First, is this still the case (I'm assuming yes or you would remove the sticky).

Second, if we did make a change using the SageMC loaded STV, will it cause any damage? Can we just assume the changes won't take effect and just repeat them using the manually-loaded default STV?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary View Post
First, is this still the case (I'm assuming yes or you would remove the sticky).

Second, if we did make a change using the SageMC loaded STV, will it cause any damage? Can we just assume the changes won't take effect and just repeat them using the manually-loaded default STV?
When you select SageTV Settings from the SageMC Settings menu, you are automatically switched to the default STV. You should not have to switch STV's manually.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
When you select SageTV Settings from the SageMC Settings menu, you are automatically switched to the default STV. You should not have to switch STV's manually.

Aloha,
Mike
In other words, ignore this sticky?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary View Post
In other words, ignore this sticky?
If you are running the current version of SageMC (v6.3.9a), then you can ignore this sticky. The switch to the default STV is done for you automatically.

Aloha,
Mike

Tags
configure, sagemc