SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Sage User

Is SageTV Recorder Dead? Does it Support the Hauppauge HDPVR?

I have the Hauppauge HDPVR and I'm only interested in using the PVR features to record HD programming using the Hauppauge HDPVR.

SageTV Recorder seems to be the appropriate product for $20 vs. $80 for the SageTV media center product.

Will SageTV Recorder support the Hauppauge HDPVR for my purposes?
Old 08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Short answer: No

Slightly Longer Answer: SageTV Recorder has long since been depreciated and all of its functionality (headless network encoder) has been moved into the full install.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Short answer: No

Slightly Longer Answer: SageTV Recorder has long since been depreciated and all of its functionality (headless network encoder) has been moved into the full install.
Thank you for the response. I'm VERY close to purchasing the full install after having gotten another issue resolved.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Sage User

Confused then....

I had assumed that the reason for the recorder was to offload the recording onto another box, so that recording and playback were being done on different processors? Is that not the case?

If it is/was, but the functionality is now moved into the core, does that mean that two different sagetv boxes can be pointed to the same unc for recording / playback?

I'm curious since I'm having my CPU spike on HD downconversion to MVP, and dont want to risk messing up any in-process recordings, so I was thinking of installing a recorder box separate from the SageTV box that the extenders pointed to... Is this not a valid install scenario?

-Steve
Old 08-23-2008, 02:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Not so much that you run two boxes pointing to the same path, but one box acting as a slave (Network Encoder) for the other. Unfortunately I believe only the master box is what will be doing the transcoding for the MVP's. Also, with the cost of purchasing a second full SageTV liscense, you would probably be better off upgrading the CPU on the overworked, system, or getting an HD Extender to replace the MVP.

Also, I wouldnt' worry about it messing up any in-prcess recordings, as they it seems to give priority to the recording over the transcoding. The CPU usage for just recording is practically nothing, and everything is running through buffers, so you won't get corrupted video strictly from overworking the processor.

On a similar note, I do wish I could install a second sage server, and use my SageRecorder liscense from years past to activate it, instead of the expensive option of paying for a complete other server.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room