SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

I added this in and it works quite well...

A few things:
For some reason I cannot see my cursor when navigating around. Say when scrolling around on the screen that has 'Recommendations, Top 100, etc.', and may other choices. I can scroll up and down and see the highlighted far left buttons but as soon as I move to the right I cannot see where I am at.

Same goes for when moving up and down the lists of movies. In the movies listing when I scroll down to movie #3, it shows me info for Movie #2 if I click on it. As if I was 1 space off all the time.

Lastly, is there a way to go into fullscreen (like when watching trailers), with out having to use the mouse to click on the 'Netflix' Fullscreen control. And is it possible to
use remote for things like Stop, and Exit?
Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

JDizzy,there may be some theme import conflict with something else that is imported. Try installing NetFlix import again after reloading the SageMC STV. See if that responds correctly. Then import you other import files and see if it is still OK. I will have a new (and very improved) update in a few days. I will look out for some possible problems when exporting that could cause some theme linking problems in the existing one.

Don't know of anyway right now to do the other controls on the WatchNow playback except for the tricky possibility of faking mouse clicks which has some complications from being in a seperate app.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
JDizzy,there may be some theme import conflict with something else that is imported. Try installing NetFlix import again after reloading the SageMC STV. See if that responds correctly. Then import you other import files and see if it is still OK. I will have a new (and very improved) update in a few days. I will look out for some possible problems when exporting that could cause some theme linking problems in the existing one.

Don't know of anyway right now to do the other controls on the WatchNow playback except for the tricky possibility of faking mouse clicks which has some complications from being in a seperate app.
It turned out to be a bad install of Sage....I started with a clean install and everything is where it should be now. But now, it seems like I can't get the trailers to play getting the 'error not found' message...
I can although. view the Watch Now movies. Strange.
Thanks!

Last edited by JDizzy; 02-24-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just curious if anyone has any further insight on this issue.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Thanks for the help!

No I don't see any cookie issues when browsing Netflix. Although I personally prefer Firefox the box is just for media and the only browser is IE that I use to watch their Play now stuff.

To be on the safe side I turned off my firewall and set IE's cookies to allow everything but I still see the same issue.

peace . . .
Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Awesome import!!!

I can see my queue just fine, but can't manage it - I click on Add Queue and nothing happens and Queue doesn't change. Also, everything is still loading.

I've updated SageTV to 6.3.8 and updated to the latest SageMC.

My log file has a lot of "Channel.hasExpired.ttl" and "Show no found" and "cannot locate trailerUrl" messages. My default content folder is empty except for the properties and log files.

Any thoughts?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Ted,

Your queue and the channel listing can be viewed with a correct ID code but the other failures could be from some problem with the username (email) and password that are needed for getting the correct detail screens and manipulating the queue. Are you using it on a PC client or extender or on a server in service mode?

The next update, with major major changes, should be available maybe tomorrow if I can get a new import generated and smoke tested tonight. It may be easier to troubleshoot any login/cookie problems with that newer version.

Hector, the cookies are being handled totally from the import. I did see a similar html error log myself that was after I had changed the password on the website but did not change it for SageTV and it was not able to generate the necessary cookies. We will have to look at it with the updated version.

Morgan
Old 02-26-2008, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Looking forward to the next update Morgan! I've been using this plugin some more this past week and the watch-now feature is really nice.

One issue I've noticed. I did try to delete a movie from my queue and on the plugin screen it looked like it worked, but on the Netflix website it was never really removed from the queue. Then when I went back into the queue from the plugin, it was still there. Tried this multiple times with no luck. Have you gotten that to work for you?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Sage Icon

Is there an easy way to close the Netflix window and get back to Sage without using a keyboard? My wife can't deal with it if it means having to pull the KB out....

Also, is it possible for the remote control to do pause, etc... I have an MCE remote, and it appears to not do anything once netflix playback is started.

I guess I could install girder and configure it, but is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again for the plugin! Just being able to watch trailers and manage the queue is very nice, so my wife and I can collaborate on what to order...
Client 3: Media MVP to 15" Toshiba LCD
Client 4: HD100 connected to Samsung 23" 720P LCD
Client 5: HD100 connected to Vizio VX37L
Old 02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had entered an incorrect username (duh!). I've updated the username, left it for a couple hours, and voila! Very cool!

Now, if only Netflix would convert more content to "Watch It Now" and use less compression - I'd like to take my 20MB/s fiber connection for a spin!

Thanks for your help!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Is there an easy way to close the Netflix window and get back to Sage without using a keyboard? My wife can't deal with it if it means having to pull the KB out....

Also, is it possible for the remote control to do pause, etc... I have an MCE remote, and it appears to not do anything once netflix playback is started.

I guess I could install girder and configure it, but is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again for the plugin! Just being able to watch trailers and manage the queue is very nice, so my wife and I can collaborate on what to order...
I second this - I had to eventually kill the application with an ALT+F4 as I could not left-arrow or escape from it. I suppose I might have been able to toggle back to Sage as it was always there in the background - and just left it opened in the background to come back to later, but I'd prefer an easier method of closing it.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Looking forward to the next update Morgan! I've been using this plugin some more this past week and the watch-now feature is really nice.

One issue I've noticed. I did try to delete a movie from my queue and on the plugin screen it looked like it worked, but on the Netflix website it was never really removed from the queue. Then when I went back into the queue from the plugin, it was still there. Tried this multiple times with no luck. Have you gotten that to work for you?
Hmmm. I see that it updates the local queue but not the actual queue. That will be part of the new changes.

I also just realized that the queue will not update the actual NetFlix queue if I am logged in at the same time on the browser. An important detail.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post

That seems to be the big issue with playing these Watch Now movies. The player has not shortcut keys except for pause/play that seems to work from the enter key. I did run across a remote program that looks to have some potential. StephaneM has a software tool for the Streamzap / Firefly / Firefly Mini /MCE remote that allows you to create profiles for different apps to map buttons to keystrokes, mouse clicks, Windows Messages, system volume, and a number of other options. I just saw that and am a little consumed, so it would be great if someone with one of these remotes could try it out and maybe provide a sample profile for other to work from.
It seems like you could possibly:
- change the volume (system volume)
- make a mouse click on "Fullscreen" after starting IE
- play/pause with more appropriate button then "enter"
- Chapter/episode Prev&Next (after switching out of Fullscreen)
- Exit player

It may need tweaking for people with different display resolutions. Anybody up for a little homework?

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=23779
http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp
http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/78/article.asp
Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm sure you could set it up using HIP. I'm currently using HIP to control and then exit Opera with my remote when reading news stories from RSS feeds. It works pretty well.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I'm sure you could set it up using HIP. I'm currently using HIP to control and then exit Opera with my remote when reading news stories from RSS feeds. It works pretty well.
Should work with girder (which I use) too.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

I had gone ahead and installed the LM Remote KeyMap. I was pretty much able to set it up to do the steps I thought could be possible. It runs the profile when the NetFlix player starts and after I am done I have the stop button close the window. I have a little tweaking to do, but it appears to be at least one alternative.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
I had gone ahead and installed the LM Remote KeyMap. I was pretty much able to set it up to do the steps I thought could be possible. It runs the profile when the NetFlix player starts and after I am done I have the stop button close the window. I have a little tweaking to do, but it appears to be at least one alternative.
Cool...I use that program with my Firefly remote...
I'm still sitting here wondering why before I updated to Sage 6.3 and the newest MC I could watch trailers and now they won't download....
if it aint one thing, it's six!

****EDIT****

I went and deleted my show.properties file and let it regenerate.
It cleared up this problem!

BTW -
Is there a setting I can tweak that will allow a larger buffer before starting playback of trailers?

Last edited by JDizzy; 02-27-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thumbs up Version 1.0 NOW AVAILABLE!

Here you go! It's been a busy couple of weeks..

2/27/08 Update 1.0
  • Add capability to browse all genres and sub-genres (no sub-genres for Watch Now)
  • Browse all DVDs or Watch Now titles
  • Remove all caching. Read data on-demand (channels lists are cached internally, but not show data)
  • Move Configuration settings to the Settings->SageMC->Extras screen
  • Add ability to deselect genres from browsing list
  • Sort DVD list when browsing by Title, Rating, or MPAA Rating
  • Add new NetFlix Main Menu for selecting operation
  • Faster search by title. Reduced number of search results to return (too many at the end have little correlation)
  • Fixed missing pictures for items in queue that had different show IDs for disc subsets
  • Correct error that could prevent video from being deleted from queue

Old 02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, sounds awesome !
Darn, and I have to be at work ! Can't wait to try it out...

Dirk
Old 02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage User

This great news thanks,

What do you need to do to load the update if you already have the previous version insatalled?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
This great news thanks,

What do you need to do to load the update if you already have the previous version insatalled?
You need to either load an original sageMC_169.xml or load a previous STV file iteration before the existing NetFlix was loaded. You will have troubles if you try to install it when it is already in the loaded STV.

And don't forget to shut down SageTV when copying the new files into the SageTV directory.