SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Netherlands
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Netherlands SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from The Netherlands - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in The Netherlands.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage User

Question SageTV & XMLTV

Is there anyone who could help me getting this running? All manuals I see have broken links or are really outdated.
Have a .xml already but how to make sagetv use it?

Thanks in advance!

Is er iemand die me kan helpen om dit voor elkaar te krijgen? Alle handleidingen die ik tegenkom zijn nogal oud.
Ik heb al een .xml alleen hoe zorg ik ervoor dat sagetv het gebruikt?

Alvast bedankt!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC-fre@k View Post
Is there anyone who could help me getting this running? All manuals I see have broken links or are really outdated.
Have a .xml already but how to make sagetv use it?
You can review the "SageTV EPG Service" forum, it contains all the different XMLTV plugin available as well as some howto guides.

You can also click on my signature to download my XMLTV plugin and review my "how to use it" article.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Sage User

I got so frustrated yesterday that I just bought a subscription at tvtv's. Works like a charm. (just had to canceled automatic re-subscription). Next problem is to get all channels on the right frequence. Thought I read something about the register? I will look into that today. Anyway, many thanks. I will still have a look at your xml thingy (maybe it';s handy for the future)
Old 09-08-2007, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

no reg hack needed for channel ordering any more: Once found, you first need to map a channel to a physical channel number (the frequency index), then need to map the logical (displayed) channel number to get them in the preferred order.

For XMLTV, see also http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/XMLTV
Old 09-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Sage User

I know how to change to order of the channels, and make them 1,2,3,4.. (not 103, 305, etc). Problem I have is a TV Channel that's between the physical channel number 230 and 231, the frequence is rather bad chosen :P I thought that I could edit the frequence associated with a physical channel so that I get a better quality on that TV Channel.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:12 AM
SageTVaholic

yes, you need to edit the reg for that... (frequency table overrides)

I have an old howto (2003!) on snapstream's web site on editing frequency-channel assignments that covers mapping specific channels to specific frequencies...
This should be enough to point you in the correct direction for remapping a specific channel to a specific frequency...

http://www.snapstream.com/community/...s/customorder/
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC-fre@k View Post
I know how to change to order of the channels, and make them 1,2,3,4.. (not 103, 305, etc). Problem I have is a TV Channel that's between the physical channel number 230 and 231, the frequence is rather bad chosen :P I thought that I could edit the frequence associated with a physical channel so that I get a better quality on that TV Channel.
Hi PC-freak, I wish I had read this earlier.

I have it set up using www.tvgids.nl, a grabber and the LM Gestion importer and now have a free EPG in The Netherlands (I assume you are dutch also?)

If you still have open issues, I might be able to guide you (pun intended )
Old 01-05-2008, 06:25 AM

sagetv dutch epg

hallo, kun je mij uitleggen hoe je die epg werkend kreeg? ik krijg geen epg binnen en als ik de grab_nl_wolf gebruik dan krijg ik de verkeerde epg
Old 01-06-2008, 11:48 AM

laat maar, het werkt al.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage User

Ik zou gewoon tvtv services gebruiken, ik was eerst ook altijd aan het rommelen met xmltv, werkt op zich wel maar tvtv is gewoon veel makkelijker.
En voor het geld hoef je het niet te laten, kost bijna niks dat tvtv