SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Netherlands
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Netherlands SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from The Netherlands - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in The Netherlands.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:30 PM

Auto-tune channels in NL

Hi,

I am new to this brave new world of SageTV and I am test driving the latest version 1.40.10 which I recently downloaded.

I like the way the program looks, however I have trouble getting the basics to work: TV from my Dutch cable/antenna.
I have asked tech support and they told me to change the country code in Sage.properties file to 31. That did not fix the problem: SageTV still does not see any of my channels.
I am using a PVR-250 and WinTV2000 does work and sees the channels.

Could anyone give me a hand?

Old 12-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sounds like you need to go to channel setup and remap the channels using the same numbers of the channels in wintv2k
Old 12-12-2004, 09:24 AM

Same problem here.

In Holland the channels differs from place to place (this seems to be otherwise in other countries). I read somewhere on the internet that it is therefore not enough to change the country code... Is there someone who can explain this to our Dutch members?

Also we don't use exact channels in Holland... so we have channel 11- or 6+. This means the tuner should set another frequency (a bit lower or higher than compared to the exact channel).

I'm not an expert, so could anyone explains how to configure channels? Is it possible to configure frequencies, because that would probably solve the problem....
Old 12-12-2004, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

see this thread...
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2205
Old 12-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Use WintTV to set the channels (try to set them manually). Then use the program Freqcopy (perform some googling). This program copies the Hauppauge TV tuner settings in the Windows registry.

Next when you setup SageTV the channels are set
Old 01-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage User

Note that you need to set your channels in wintv as frequencies, not channel numbers (like 208 MHz instead of 10--) before using freqcopy. Configuring SageTV in the Netherlands can be a burden, but if you keep trying you will succeed in the end (and that makes it all the more special). Also in some situations it might be a good idea to delete the properties file and its backup, it can get clogged if you have tried many registry configurations.

Last edited by tybris; 01-07-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Use WintTV to set the channels (try to set them manually). Then use the program Freqcopy (perform some googling). This program copies the Hauppauge TV tuner settings in the Windows registry.

Next when you setup SageTV the channels are set
Hey! Old thread, but relevant to me. I did put some channel numbers and frequencies in the registry, but I still end up with 300 channels in sagetv. Has this method been invalidated by sagetv changes perhaps? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Mark
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiopaque View Post
Hey! Old thread, but relevant to me. I did put some channel numbers and frequencies in the registry, but I still end up with 300 channels in sagetv. Has this method been invalidated by sagetv changes perhaps? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Mark
Radiopaque,

Have been busy to create a new channel line up the last few days. Needed to because i Upgraded my computer to Windows 7.

Deleted the existing video source made sure it did not do the auto channel scan.

Used frequency shifter to write the channel lineup (Listed by caiway) into the registry.

And used that same lineup in XMLTV upload (LM gestion) to populate my EPG.

Caiway coax goes upstairs to the desktop computer. the PVR-150 picks up the analoge signal.
Another branch of coax goes into the living room to a settop box that picks up the digital part that comes trough the same line.

After some struggeling it all works fine.

Regards,

Bram
Old 07-27-2010, 02:56 PM

I'm afraid I am still in the "struggling" phase...

First of all it's a great product: very responsive, great functionality, fast indexing of media, and honestly I tried many packages. That's why it's so surprising why it still LACKS something basic as fine-tuning. I know that analog is not the future, but still...

Anyway, I did what is described in the previous posts:
- remove all video sources
- start freqshifter and add channels, I configured "Netherlands" and "analog". Although it's cable coming in I have got the analog frequencies here, e.g. 216000000 for Ned1. Pressed save, which it did (checked in registry that it inserted entries)
- start xmltv importer for SageTV and entered XMLTV.exe being the grabber. Entered the channel lineup and uploaded it. First tried without physical frequency filled in (as I expected that to be done by freqshifter in the registry) but then it failed uploading the program info. When entering a fake frequency or anything that was alike the right frequency it uploaded well.
- started SageTV: entered video source, connected the xmltv source to it, all channels which had a frequency filled in in the importer tool were in there but with the wrong frequency.

It seemed that the freqshifter did not do anything except for entering some channels in the registry. However this registry location did not seem to be used anywhere else??

Anybody has a clue??