SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to asirota Send a message via MSN to asirota Send a message via Yahoo to asirota
Nielm Favorite Recordings not working on Media Extender

Hi folks,

Trying to trouble shoot a strange problem...

I have activated the extras in Sage v5 so that I can take advantage of the malore style "recordings" menu. On my server, the Recording and "Upcoming Movies" options I have are showing correctly by category on both.

On my Media Extender though, the Recordings are not being sorted into the 3 pane view, but rather are not being filtered at all. Also Upcoming Movies are sorted by the Movie Title name rather than category.

I am using the same menu.xml generated by Nielm's Custom Menus file for both the server and the media extender. I am also using the same SageTV3.xml file. I have also checked that the malore options are consistent in the media extender property file in the "Clients" directory against the SageClient.Properties file.

How can the organization of the Favorite Library and the Upcoming Movies be different. Note that in the Media Extender I don't know of a way to switch the Favorites view either, there is no way to "right click" on the media extender remote

Please help.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asirota
Note that in the Media Extender I don't know of a way to switch the Favorites view either, there is no way to "right click" on the media extender remote
A "right click" is just the same thing as using the Options command, which should be the yellow button on the MVP's remote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:21 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to asirota Send a message via MSN to asirota Send a message via Yahoo to asirota
That was easy

Thanks Andy. That was really easy, duh.. I guess I always thought the Options button was for options on a playing movie but I guess it activates options whereever you need "options" huh?

One thing I guess I keep forgetting is that each Media Extender even though it may use the same STV and the same menu.xml it still has its own settings stored somewhere and is really a separate install.

That's a bit unfortunate. It would be ideal to have all the settings be stored on the server and with one change on the server the Media Extender could inherit all those settings, at once. Especially useful in an install where you have say 10-20 media extenders and you are tweaking the settings.

Thank you for such awesome support and such an amazing product!