SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
AHHHHH. Well, you have already decided to go the STV route, but let me just say that I would MUCH prefer an import. SIGH, now every time you make an update, I will need to reimport, and remodify MANY things with Studio since there are so many other things I have done. This represents so much time that I will not take any new updates you do very often at all. I would be practically willing to pay you to keep this as an import. Am I the ONLY one that has this situation???

I don't know how many changes you have made but you could put your changes in an import and then you would only have to import that when a new version is released. There are utilities that have been release to aid in this including flachbar's.

BobP.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
AHHHHH. Well, you have already decided to go the STV route, but let me just say that I would MUCH prefer an import. SIGH, now every time you make an update, I will need to reimport, and remodify MANY things with Studio since there are so many other things I have done. This represents so much time that I will not take any new updates you do very often at all. I would be practically willing to pay you to keep this as an import. Am I the ONLY one that has this situation???

Hi Madcoder,

I am sorry, I was afraid that abandoning the import would not be the best choice for everyone, but I had to weigh the pros and cons for me. Now that I got the green light from mlbdude to update the STV, saving a really *great* amount of time by not having to deal with the import code any more was just a no-brainer. And I am talking about 5 minutes of work on the STV versa 1 hour on the plugin, which includes additional import coding and, most of all, testing of the import code ...

I also have a few modifications of my own which are not part of the published STV, so I spent the time to write an import for them as well so that I can reapply them easily each time the STV gets updated. As BobP already mentioned, I have written an Import Utility library for exactly this purpose, to ease this task. It still takes a lot of time to write an import, but I think the lib makes it much easier, and it's a one-time thing. And for your own personal imports you dont even have to worry about cleanup and re-import ability, which will reduce the time significantly. I can offer you assistance if you plan to create an import for your modifications ...

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Actually, this is one feature I wanted to look into sooner or later ... I already wrote a "Larger Video Preview" back when I was using the standard STV because I wasnt satisfied with the size, and now using SageMC it' starting to nag me again ... Not sure if and how much will be possible, but I'll have a look at it.

Dirk

Thanks! Keep em coming.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would it be possible to show which tuner a show is going to be recorded on? I liked that feature when I was using the standard STV and this import "Jump Directly to Detailed Info". It showed a little icon with the tuner number for the show to be recorded. Also, wondered if it is real hard to change what screen you go back to. For instance, when you play a recorded show, hit stop twice it takes you to My TV instead of the last menu or main menu. Thanks again for the great work.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Also, wondered if it is real hard to change what screen you go back to. For instance, when you play a recorded show, hit stop twice it takes you to My TV instead of the last menu or main menu.
Not any more ...
This was one of the new features of v6_0

Dirk
Old 05-25-2006, 03:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by geogecko
How about a round locked and don't like icons?
geogecko,

I have updated the round showicons collection with the requested locked and don't like icons in the attached file. I hope you like them.

flachbar,

I am loving these addons, thanks for the continued hard work!

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip meinmaui sageMC showicons_v2.zip (32.9 KB, 792 views)
Old 05-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dirk, any chance you can give a quick how to? Are all of the entries that go under plugins supposed to be in the properties files automatically or do you have to add some manually? And I guess the idea of a tuner marker is a no go.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk, any chance you can give a quick how to? Are all of the entries that go under plugins supposed to be in the properties files automatically or do you have to add some manually?
All features (except the conflict icon) are enabled by default, so you only have to edit the property file if you want to disable something. When you load the STV the very first time the properties won't be in the file yet (though they are effective), and they will get added as soon as you exit Sage. I'll put a reference list together once I'll find some time, and geogecko could add it to his documentation project...

Quote:
And I guess the idea of a tuner marker is a no go.
Note that if I don't reply to a particular request or idea it doesn't necessarily mean that I am not interested in implementing it ... But since I posted the STV I am starting to get flooded with new requests, and it'll be impossible for me to (and neither want to) honor all of them, so I might keep quiet off and on. Everyone is welcome to throw ideas out here - whether they wind up in my todo list or not at any time will most likely only depend on whether I would like to use it too ...

Btw, the tuner markers might have a good chance (provided it's easy enough), since I was using the STVi you mentioned too before I switched to SageMC ...

Dirk
Old 05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Dirk, I really appreciate your work and also how much your "can you do this for me" list keeps growing. Anything you can add when you find the time is "gravy". Sorry if I bug you too much with requests, but as I was always told, "Don't know til you ask" Just wish I had some programming skills to offer. Thaks again for the great work.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...maybe while I'm documenting the properties listings, I should create another list of Dirk's ToDo list, no?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Yes, I think it would be good to have all the filter options available in the "group" screens as well. It seems a bit silly to have to go back a screen to choose a filter.
I looked into this (I like the suggestion), and here's the deal: the best I can do is to show a Filter button if and only if the filter in the main "Recorded TV" is set to "All". So you can reduce the number of shows displayed in the subgroup, but you won't be able to show more if a filter has already been set. To achieve this a complete redesign of this screen (which is reused by other modules as well) would be necessary, and I really dont want to go that far ...

Dirk
Old 05-25-2006, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Hmm...maybe while I'm documenting the properties listings, I should create another list of Dirk's ToDo list, no?
Dont you dare ...
Old 05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I looked into this (I like the suggestion), and here's the deal: the best I can do is to show a Filter button if and only if the filter in the main "Recorded TV" is set to "All". So you can reduce the number of shows displayed in the subgroup, but you won't be able to show more if a filter has already been set. To achieve this a complete redesign of this screen (which is reused by other modules as well) would be necessary, and I really dont want to go that far ...

Dirk
I'll take what I can get . If I knew how to design those screens I'd be happy to do them all....but alas I do not and therefore I am useless.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I just uploaded Version 6.2 here

Changes since 6.0:

- added STV version info to Settings screen

- added filter All/Watched/Archived to subgroup screen

- made view filter All/Conflicts sticky on Schedule screen.

Setting the filter sticky works the same way as the Filter on the RecordedTV page: choose a filter, open the options menu, and set it as the default view

- made view filter On Now/Up Next/All Upcoming sticky on Movies screen (same as above)

- the show titles and descriptions can now be shortened for 4x3 users by setting the properties "plugins/df/sagemc/title_corr_4x3" and "plugins/df/sagemc/desc_corr_4x3".

The values specify the number of characters the standard maximum length will be shortened. You'll have to experiment, but on my TV values of 12 and 24 fit for almost all shows. I know it's not an optimal solution since it is not taking the actual number of displayed icons into account, but this was easy enough to implement in a short time.

- added an encoder number indicator to the show descriptions (encoder used for recordings as well as scheduled shows)

The icons used are EncoderMarker1.png to EncoderMarker9.png in SageMC/Images, which can be replaced if you want to use different ones. The feature can be disabled by setting "plugins/df/sagemc/encoder_icons" to false

Dirk
Old 05-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

Nice job. Added the properties listing to my file. I probably won't have a complete properties listing for a while, but will probably post it in a couple weeks (I'll be out of town on business the week after next.)

It's in Excel, for sorting reasons, and I was going to make it a JPG file, but it would be easier for someone to copy lines if it was saved as a TXT file, so I'll probably do that instead.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Nice job. Added the properties listing to my file. I probably won't have a complete properties listing for a while, but will probably post it in a couple weeks (I'll be out of town on business the week after next.)

It's in Excel, for sorting reasons, and I was going to make it a JPG file, but it would be easier for someone to copy lines if it was saved as a TXT file, so I'll probably do that instead.
Cool ...
If you want you you can send me the Excel file and I'll have a look at all the settings I added and make sure they are up-to-date ...

Dirk
Old 05-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

Sure, here you go. Others can also take a look, just in case they are getting started too.

Still got a lot of work to do on all the descriptions...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20060526_SageTVProperties.zip (7.3 KB, 793 views)
Old 05-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've noticed that the properties seem to have been divided between sage.properties and sageclient.properties. Does one file have precedence over the other and should I copy all the proerties from one file to the other. Great work guys!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Expert

remote icons by meinmaui for sageMC add-on

The first run, watched, etc. icons are fairly small for me particularly in the guide. On other screens these icons are a little more readable and have a very nice design, but in the guide they are super small as opposed to the way they appear on the "sagetv recordings" screen for instance. I wonder if it's posssible to enlarge the little first run, watched, etc icons to use the maximum available space in the guide as they almost do on other screens?

Last edited by snoopy; 05-29-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Sage Expert

conflict icons and management

we are certainly getting closer here to better conflict management.
now the icons show up on each main page... problem is it's always red.

In the main (severely handicapped ) SageTV stv, you always had the ability to clear the conflicts and get a green checkmark. Currently, if a conflict exists, SageTV cannot any longer be told it is OK anymore. Is there any way to add that back in to the add-on? Previously, I could also say yes to "ok not to record" and it also (just like saying yes to one show over another) would change the red to green.

This original ability was truely a remarkable design IMHO. While I found it a tad confusing at first, it didn't really come into play until I had alot to record. By then I was willing to understand. I used it like a red light=STOP/green light=GO. Red exclaimation mark meant "Conflicts need a resolution". Green check meant "conflicts have either been resolved OR they are OK as they exist". Currently green light would mean that conflicts have been completely resolved and do not exist. This hardly ever happens for us, therefore; even though we have gone through the conflicts, I can't ever get a green light anymore as I can with the otherwise handicapped main stv.

Last edited by snoopy; 05-28-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Closed Thread