SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you Dirk. Works wonderfully now.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Dirk,

If you ever come out to Maui, I'll buy you a beer.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

I will take you up on that ...

Dirk
Old 05-20-2006, 03:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

After seeing your replacement first run icon, I started to think that changing out the others to something more in keeping with the MC theme might be kinda cool. As an example I threw together this replacement for the watched icon just to test the waters. I am a complete novice at photoshop, but after a while I can usually get things looking ok. If you like the idea, I could make up some others.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: png watched.png (2.9 KB, 903 views)
Old 05-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
No, there should really be only one. Strange, never seen this one before ...

Can you do a clean import into SageMC_16x9.xml and see if this makes a difference (there was a re-import issue with v0.3) ? If not I'll have to dig deeper ...

Dirk
Did a clean import into SageMc_16x9 with v0.6...got rid of the duplicate 1st run icons but now I do not get the colored grids on my tv guide

Edit: Got it working again..all is fine..thank you for the Star Ratings!!!

Last edited by sagetvkid; 05-20-2006 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Expert

SageMC add-on

NICE JOB with this add-on
I am finally comfortable enough to actually try SageMC with the wife. I always thought SageMC had a need for some additions and now it has them. It has been a long time since I have messed with changing SageTV at all but I saw 5 comming out and just couldn't help myself. I requested the changes you implemented with the developer of SageMC long ago and got nowhere, but now you added them to my favorite STV. What a great thing.

If I could add my 2 cents again as I did with the developer of SageMC, I would request the little tiki sounds that are found so neatly nested inside Meekel's STV. They are really nice and would truely turn this little jewel into the diamond I knew it always could be.

Thanks for such a great job Flach in adding to this great work. You're awesome!

Last edited by snoopy; 05-20-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage Expert

Conflicts

OH, can we say almost!

Well this is kind of a sticking point for me but I suppose I can live without it. I would really like the ability to manage conflicts as I have been with the conflict resolution marks always at the top so that I always know where/when a conflict exists. I kindof got into resolving them over time and had fine tuned my experience. Is there any way to add this back in?

Note also that DVDs never well played well in SageTV and still dont.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Dirk,

I want to start off by saying that I hope I'm not stepping on your toes. I'd like to contribute a little instead of just being a leach. So... if you like these please feel free to include them with your addons. If you don't, then please accept my apologies in advance.

I messed around with photoshop some more and generated some additional replacement icons. I improved the first one that I posted as well. Hope you like them.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip meinmaui new sageMC icons.zip (25.0 KB, 826 views)
Old 05-21-2006, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Dirk,

I want to start off by saying that I hope I'm not stepping on your toes. I'd like to contribute a little instead of just being a leach. So... if you like these please feel free to include them with your addons. If you don't, then please accept my apologies in advance.
Hi Mike,

not at all ... Haven't had a chance to install them to see how they look on my TV (I know I like the 'Watched' icon already), but I will definetly include them in my zip file so that people can pick the icons they like the most...

Thanks for the contribution,

Dirk
Old 05-21-2006, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the kind words ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I would request the little tiki sounds that are found so neatly nested inside Meekel's STV.
I never used Meekel's STV, so I dont really know anything about these sounds. Couldn't you get close by replacing the SageMC sound files withe the Meekel ones ? Well, I personally don't like any STV sounds (I have them disabled in SageMC), so I definetly don't have any plans to add code to SageMC to play additional sounds, sorry ...

Quote:
OH, can we say almost!

Well this is kind of a sticking point for me but I suppose I can live without it. I would really like the ability to manage conflicts as I have been with the conflict resolution marks always at the top so that I always know where/when a conflict exists. I kindof got into resolving them over time and had fine tuned my experience. Is there any way to add this back in?
If it is only a matter of adding the "Unresolved Conflicts" icon to the menu pages, I guess this could be done ...

Quote:
Note also that DVDs never well played well in SageTV and still dont.
I don't play DVDs withs Sage, but I would think if there are problems that it would be a core issue and nothing a plugin could resolve ...

Dirk
Old 05-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Dirk,

I messed around with photoshop some more and generated some additional replacement icons. I improved the first one that I posted as well. Hope you like them.

Mike
Just added them to my show icons. Keep up the good work!

How about a round locked and don't like icons?

Last edited by geogecko; 05-21-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

The icons were fun to make. If there are any other graphics elements you'd like to add/replace let me know. I'd be happy to try to help out any way I can.

Mike
Old 05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Moved plugin into STV

Hi guys,

I decided to put he plugin to rest and incorporate the features into the SageMC STV. I worked on a few new features over the last days which I wanted to make available, but I am now at a point where the additional overhead of writing and testing the import code becomes too time consuming, and a real PITA ...

So I talked to mlbdude, and he is absolutely fine with me putting a new dev build together into which any future features and fixes will be added, and once he's back on track he will take over again. No promises for new features from my side (I'm pretty much satisfied with the current status), but little stuff should be possible...

Since the new STV doesnt really fit into the "STVi imports" category any more I set up a new download in the 'STV' section. The STV download contains the latest STV file, the sample images from the plugin, and a collection of new show icons which MeInMaui contributed to the community (thanks ). To install them unzip the separate zip file into the STV3/SageMC/Images directory.

Ok, now to the changes in the new version:
  • after stopping a media file playback, SageMC will now go back to the last menu instead of always going to the Main menu (property "plugins/df/sagemc/back_on_stop"
  • the "My Menu" menu title can be renamed through a property ("plugins/df/sagemc/mymenu_name")
  • leaving the detailed setup menu with "Left" (when using 'left_as_back') now possible
  • added 'Unresolved Recording Conflict' icon to main menus (property "plugins/df/sagemc/show_conflict_icon"_ - Note: this is *disabled* by default, set it to 'true' if you want it to be displayed)
  • incorporated changes suggested by nielm for integrating his RSS plugin
  • fixed bug where deleted show still showed up in subgroup listing

The STV can be downloaded here

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 05-23-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Any chance of getting filters within the "grouped" recordings? My wife has 54...yes 54 episodes of "Divine Design". She would like to be able to use the filters within this list.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

Good news about the updates!! Thanks. One request (and I'm not even sure if you are taking them) but is there anyway to increase the size of the preview window? I remember mlbdude saying way back that it was difficult because he wanted to keep the preview the same size for each screen. After looking at it--it appears it can go bigger without interfering. I'm assuming this is a studio issue and if someone can point me in the right direction I can have a go at it. Or if others have already done this--please let me know how you did it. I'm hoping that if there is interest--it would not be a big deal for someone skilled in studio to quickly do.
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-24-2006, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Any chance of getting filters within the "grouped" recordings? My wife has 54...yes 54 episodes of "Divine Design". She would like to be able to use the filters within this list.
Hi kricker,

if you set the filter to "Unwatched" on the Recorded TV page and then go into the group screen, only watched shows should be shown ... Do you mean you want to have a separate "No Filter" / "Unwatched" button on this screen ?

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Good news about the updates!! Thanks. One request (and I'm not even sure if you are taking them) but is there anyway to increase the size of the preview window? I remember mlbdude saying way back that it was difficult because he wanted to keep the preview the same size for each screen. After looking at it--it appears it can go bigger without interfering. I'm assuming this is a studio issue and if someone can point me in the right direction I can have a go at it. Or if others have already done this--please let me know how you did it. I'm hoping that if there is interest--it would not be a big deal for someone skilled in studio to quickly do.
Thanks
JUC
Actually, this is one feature I wanted to look into sooner or later ... I already wrote a "Larger Video Preview" back when I was using the standard STV because I wasnt satisfied with the size, and now using SageMC it' starting to nag me again ... Not sure if and how much will be possible, but I'll have a look at it.

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Good news about the updates!! Thanks. One request (and I'm not even sure if you are taking them) but is...

JUC
My request would be for an .STV version for SageMC... With all the great changes that you are doing, it may be hard for folks to keep up... If an .stv version were added to the info screen, then we would all know which version we were using as opposed to 'use the latest version...' statements.

:-)

-Jason
Old 05-24-2006, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
My request would be for an .STV version for SageMC... With all the great changes that you are doing, it may be hard for folks to keep up... If an .stv version were added to the info screen, then we would all know which version we were using as opposed to 'use the latest version...' statements.

:-)

-Jason
Jason,

excellent idea !

Dirk
Old 05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi kricker,

if you set the filter to "Unwatched" on the Recorded TV page and then go into the group screen, only watched shows should be shown ... Do you mean you want to have a separate "No Filter" / "Unwatched" button on this screen ?

Dirk
Yes, I think it would be good to have all the filter options available in the "group" screens as well. It seems a bit silly to have to go back a screen to choose a filter.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

AHHHHH. Well, you have already decided to go the STV route, but let me just say that I would MUCH prefer an import. SIGH, now every time you make an update, I will need to reimport, and remodify MANY things with Studio since there are so many other things I have done. This represents so much time that I will not take any new updates you do very often at all. I would be practically willing to pay you to keep this as an import. Am I the ONLY one that has this situation???

Closed Thread