SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelder
First off, Dirk thanks for the updates to this STV. I just noticed a quirk/bug with the stv. I have a recording today that I modified the start time +2 hours and the end time +2 hours (it is for a hockey game that was not listed correctly in the EPG). On the original STV it shows correctly in the Scheduled recordings screen, on the SageMC stv it still shows the start and end times at the original time that was listed in the EPG.

Is this something you can fix?

Thanks again.

Jim
Hi Jim,

do you mean that the original SageMC_16x9 STV is displaying it correctly (which would mean there is a bug in my plugin), or that it shows correctly in the default SageTV3 STV ?

Well, in either way I'll have a look if this is easy to fix ...

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun
any plans to add more color coded categories in the epg?

im by far a novice studio user, but i have modified sagemc a bit with my own little touches and even a new album cover+artist sort method for music. and was thinking of seeing if i could add some color coding to other genres of programing. but i didnt start out with the intention of exporting my changes to stvi (something i wish i would have done, if not just for upgrade purposes) and after reading how to create an stvi, i can already tell its something that, at least right now, is way over my head.

however if its something you are working on in the future, i might just hold off.
No promise, but I'll think about it ...

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Jim,

do you mean that the original SageMC_16x9 STV is displaying it correctly (which would mean there is a bug in my plugin), or that it shows correctly in the default SageTV3 STV ?

Well, in either way I'll have a look if this is easy to fix ...

Dirk

Just did some quick testing, and it shows correctly in the default SageTV3 STV, but it shows incorrectly on the original SageMC stv. So it is not your plugin
Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi. Can you please add a feature so that the "Movies" option from the My TV menu that shows you the movies will remember the last filter that was applied? It is quite annoying that everytime you go into that menu it wants to default to "on now," and I have to click it twice to go to "all upcoming," which is the filter I always would rather see. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care so much about movies that are "on now" anyway because I want to record and/or watch a movie from the beginning! So it would be more useful to default to "all upcoming" or even better if it would just remember the last setting you used.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

flachbar.

Some nice work you've done here.

Question. When I search by title for a show/movie, when I see the results, the shows/movies that do not have "More" out to the right, show a date of "12/31," but when I open up that show/movie for more details, I see the correct air date.

Any idea why that is? I don't recall seeing this happen before, but it has been a long time since I used the search. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:27 AM
Sage User

Nice job on the enhancements

....a minor issue...on Upcoming Recordings section, 3 1st run icons appear next to the titles..should it just be one?

Suggestion: Nice touch on Movies/Year; how about Movies/Star Ratings??

Thanks again for your efforts...

Last edited by sagetvkid; 05-18-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
flachbar.

Some nice work you've done here.

Question. When I search by title for a show/movie, when I see the results, the shows/movies that do not have "More" out to the right, show a date of "12/31," but when I open up that show/movie for more details, I see the correct air date.

Any idea why that is? I don't recall seeing this happen before, but it has been a long time since I used the search. Anyone else seeing this?
Thx

Regarding your question, this looks like a bug. I'll try to fix this in the next release.

Dirk
Old 05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Gotta ask for some more help. Is there an easy way I can change where the cursor starts when I click on My TV. I rarely watch live TV and would like either Recorded TV on top or the cursor to highlight Recorded TV by default. I had a look at Studio and the common sense side said DON'T. Thought it better to just ask.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Gotta ask for some more help. Is there an easy way I can change where the cursor starts when I click on My TV. I rarely watch live TV and would like either Recorded TV on top or the cursor to highlight Recorded TV by default. I had a look at Studio and the common sense side said DON'T. Thought it better to just ask.
This is really easy in Studio, give it a try !

- open up Studio with ctrl-F12
- scroll to the "My TV" menu
- click on the little pin so that it expands one level
- now expand "MainMenuContainer", you'll see "Watch TV, Recorded TV, Guide, etc"
- expand 'Watch TV"
- select the "DefaultFocus" widget and press Ctrl-x
- seletc the "Recorded TV" widget and press Ctrl-v, this will move the "Default" widget from one widget to the other
- select "Watch TV" again and press Ctrl-d, this will move the item down (dont worry if the icon collapses and becomes italic, this is ok ...)
- save the STV with "File/Save"

And voila, you're ready to go ...

Dirk
Old 05-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Dirk. That was so easy it hurt
Old 05-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
Hi. Can you please add a feature so that the "Movies" option from the My TV menu that shows you the movies will remember the last filter that was applied? It is quite annoying that everytime you go into that menu it wants to default to "on now," and I have to click it twice to go to "all upcoming," which is the filter I always would rather see. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't care so much about movies that are "on now" anyway because I want to record and/or watch a movie from the beginning! So it would be more useful to default to "all upcoming" or even better if it would just remember the last setting you used.
Hi. I just changed the default in Studio, so disregard this request if you want!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagetvkid
Nice job on the enhancements

....a minor issue...on Upcoming Recordings section, 3 1st run icons appear next to the titles..should it just be one?
No, there should really be only one. Strange, never seen this one before ...

Can you do a clean import into SageMC_16x9.xml and see if this makes a difference (there was a re-import issue with v0.3) ? If not I'll have to dig deeper ...

Dirk
Old 05-18-2006, 08:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
flachbar.

This bug is fixed, I'll upload a new version tomorrow ...

Dirk
Old 05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
This bug is fixed, I'll upload a new version tomorrow ...

Dirk
Cool, thanks Dirk. Also noticed it today in the "Recordings" section...

Thanks for your hard work.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Sage User

Dirk,

Thanks! This is all great stuff and I'm sure all the SageMC users appreciate your efforts as I do. So my question to everyone is why don't we** just put all this stuff into the latest dev build of SageMC? MLBdude has already told us that he doesn't have time and wouldn't be offended if others contributed to the project. I think it would be a great way to continue improving this great STV. It would also be easier to keep up with updates and reinstalls that way. Any thoughts?

Austin

** I say "we" loosely since I wouldn't have the first clue how to do this.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Aloha,
the grouped filter doesn't work on my mvp's, but it does work on my client. The same problem was mentioned earlier, but no solution was mentioned.

Thx,

Marneb
Old 05-19-2006, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
Aloha,
the grouped filter doesn't work on my mvp's, but it does work on my client. The same problem was mentioned earlier, but no solution was mentioned.

Thx,

Marneb
Hi Marneb,

I cant think of any reason why it would work on the client but not on the MVP. Unfortunately I do not have a MVP, so there is no way for me to debug this ...
Question: is there *anyone* for which this works on a MVP ?

Dirk
Old 05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage User

In order to get this to work on the MVP you need (on the MVP) to go to Settings/Detailed Setup/Advanced/ and select the SageMC_169-1.xml stv file.

At least that is how it fixed mine.

Jim
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I uploaded v0.6

Changes:

- added custom coloring for all categories in the EPG
- added star rating to movie titles
- fixed incorrect 12/31 dates

Enjoy,

Dirk
Old 05-19-2006, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Dirk,

All these improvements are great. For the longest time SageTV was just boring old reliable. Now things are getting fun. (My wife just shakes her head, but secretly she likes it too) Thanks for all the hard work and for taking our suggestions. If you ever come out to Maui, I'll buy you a beer.

Mike
Closed Thread