SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Sage Icon

Just installed this. Great new features, thank you.

What is "Grouped?" I've looked at it compared to "By Title" and can't tell a difference, other than it's not in alphabetacal order.

Also, since you seem to be the import guru, is there any chance this could be added to the import?

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=17865

That would be sweet!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
flachbar,

When recordings are grouped by Title, I have the subgroup sorted (decending) by OriginalAiringDate. This puts all of the episodes in their original run order. For example, I have 98 episodes (and counting) of 24 waiting to be watched and they are niclely sorted in order from seasons 1 thru 5. (I just have to find some time to watch them)
Actually, I already have this code ready to go, since another user asked for it too . I usually only record first runs so I never needed this, but the more I think about it it just seems logical to sort show series by original airing date instead, and it would work for first runs the same way as before. So if I dont hear any objections from anyone, I'll change this in the next version ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
The other modification is I added the movie release year next to the movie title in the detailed info box in the guide, recorded programs list, etc. (just like in the latest original STV). This has greatly helped in deciding what movies to record. My wife really likes both of these changes, as well as all of the ones you provided.
Doh, I didnt even notice that this is missing in SageMC ... Consider it done ...

Thanks for the suggestions,

Dirk
Old 05-16-2006, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
What is "Grouped?" I've looked at it compared to "By Title" and can't tell a difference, other than it's not in alphabetacal order.
Yeah, the order has changed: the entries are now sorted by date, and a series subgroup gets the date from its most recently recorded show. This way you have a grouping by show (like the old 'Sort By Title'), but the series entries for which new shows have recently been recorded will show up on top ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

Also, since you seem to be the import guru, is there any chance this could be added to the import?

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=17865

That would be sweet!
Yeah, I'd love to have this in SageMC, but I dont know if I have the time for this. Writing the import is one thing, but converting all the screens into the SageMC 'look-and-feel' is another ... If someone is up to the task to do the conversion and create a custom SageMC STV, I'd be more than happy to contribute the import coding ...

Dirk
Old 05-16-2006, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

While we're talking small changes, I made a quick, one line, change to the "Other Programs " menu that quits sage instead of putting it to sleep when you launch something. Then I just have the batch file I run, relaunch Sage after the other program quits. Or if its something I want to run in the background while I work in Sage, I just relaunch SageTV manually with a button on my remote.

I've found that this is very handy when you're launching DirectX stuff like games that don't play nice when Sage is in sitting in FSE mode in the background.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-16-2006, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
While we're talking small changes, I made a quick, one line, change to the "Other Programs " menu that quits sage instead of putting it to sleep when you launch something. Then I just have the batch file I run, relaunch Sage after the other program quits. Or if its something I want to run in the background while I work in Sage, I just relaunch SageTV manually with a button on my remote.

I've found that this is very handy when you're launching DirectX stuff like games that don't play nice when Sage is in sitting in FSE mode in the background.
Hmm, just thinking about your DVD burning plugin, isn't the burn process initiated by executing a link from the "Other Programs" menu ? I'm not sure if I would like Sage to exit in this case ...

What about a convention that if the name of the link ends with a certain suffix (e.g. "_x"), the STV code will exit Sage, otherwise it will go to sleep. This way you can configure the behavior separately for each program without touching the STV ...

Dirk
Old 05-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Installation:
  • unzip the installation file into SageTV directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV). Make sure to preserve the directory structure. This will copy df_sageutils.jar to JARs and sagemc_addon.xml to STVs\SageTV3 as well as some bitmaps to your STVs\SageMCE\Images directory.
  • restart SageTV (to pick up the new JAR files)
  • make a backup of your current STV file
  • import sagemc_addon.xml: Settings->Detailed Setup->Advanced->Import Custom STVi

Great work Flachbar! I love SageMC and your Addons are just the thing I've been missing. Only one thing though....After I unzipped the file preserving the directory structure then I go to import the custom STVi, and it's not listed. What gives? Anyone care to help? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

The addons are in the file "sagemc_addon_0_4.xml", which I think will only show up in the lastest SageMC 16x9 dev build that supports XML files. You can get the latest dev build off the download page and load it by switching to windowed mode, pressing "shift+ctrl+f12" to launch studio, and selecting file->load STV->SageMC_16x9.xml.

flachbar- I like that idea a bunch

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 05-16-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

any plans to add more color coded categories in the epg?

im by far a novice studio user, but i have modified sagemc a bit with my own little touches and even a new album cover+artist sort method for music. and was thinking of seeing if i could add some color coding to other genres of programing. but i didnt start out with the intention of exporting my changes to stvi (something i wish i would have done, if not just for upgrade purposes) and after reading how to create an stvi, i can already tell its something that, at least right now, is way over my head.

however if its something you are working on in the future, i might just hold off.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to ask if there is something special that needs to be done to get this to work

"while in the Guide, pressing the 'Play' button on a channel will play the selected show in the preview window which allows for channel surfing without leaving the guide (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide)"

When I press play the video in the preview window stops. Also, if I select "unwatched" for recordings, my movies that have been watched still show up. Are there some settings I need to adjust? Thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Just wanted to ask if there is something special that needs to be done to get this to work

"while in the Guide, pressing the 'Play' button on a channel will play the selected show in the preview window which allows for channel surfing without leaving the guide (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide)"

When I press play the video in the preview window stops. Also, if I select "unwatched" for recordings, my movies that have been watched still show up. Are there some settings I need to adjust? Thanks
No, nothing else needed, and it works fine on my machine ... Did you update the plugin from an earlier version ? The only thing I can think of is that there is a bug in my re-import code which I didnt catch... Try to import the plugin into a clean SageMC_169.xml and see if this makes a difference.

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

My order of install:
SageMC16x9
SageMC16x9 Latest Dev Build
SageMC Addon v0.4

Are these the files I should be using? What about you're xml file, not the add-on? Thanks again for the help and work on this.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My order of install:
SageMC16x9
SageMC16x9 Latest Dev Build
SageMC Addon v0.4

Are these the files I should be using? What about you're xml file, not the add-on? Thanks again for the help and work on this.
My modification of SageMC_16x9.xml fixed a bug in SageMC which is not essential for the addon, but I would recommend to use it, so the ideal install order would be

SageMC16x9
SageMC_16x9.xml (fixed)
SageMC Addon v0.4

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
My modification of SageMC_16x9.xml fixed a bug in SageMC which is not essential for the addon, but I would recommend to use it, so the ideal install order would be

SageMC16x9
SageMC_16x9.xml (fixed)
SageMC Addon v0.4

Dirk
So in your instructions the "SageMC_16x9.xml (fixed)" would replace the latest_dev_build?

Love the addon's BTW!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!

Miller
Old 05-17-2006, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
So in your instructions the "SageMC_16x9.xml (fixed)" would replace the latest_dev_build?
Yes, exactly ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
Love the addon's BTW!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!
Miller
Thanks

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Did a complete re-install of Sage. I noticed that the entry (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide) doesn't show in the properties file. If I add it I still can't get the preview to work and my watched movies still show in the "unwatched" list (different problem?). No biggie, just thought I'd pass it along. Thanks again
Old 05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did a complete re-install of Sage. I noticed that the entry (property plugins/df/sagemc/play_in_guide) doesn't show in the properties file. If I add it I still can't get the preview to work and my watched movies still show in the "unwatched" list (different problem?). No biggie, just thought I'd pass it along. Thanks again
I hope you meant re-install of SageMC16x9, right ?

This is really weird that it still wouldn't work, if you want you can send me your STV file and I'll have a look ...

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I hope you meant re-install of SageMC16x9, right ?

This is really weird that it still wouldn't work, if you want you can send me your STV file and I'll have a look ...

Dirk
No, I re-installed the whole nine yards. What stv file should I send you and how? Thanks for checking.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, I re-installed the whole nine yards.
That was definetly overkill ...

Quote:
What stv file should I send you and how? Thanks for checking.
Check your PM ...

Dirk
Old 05-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Sage User

First off, Dirk thanks for the updates to this STV. I just noticed a quirk/bug with the stv. I have a recording today that I modified the start time +2 hours and the end time +2 hours (it is for a hockey game that was not listed correctly in the EPG). On the original STV it shows correctly in the Scheduled recordings screen, on the SageMC stv it still shows the start and end times at the original time that was listed in the EPG.

Is this something you can fix?

Thanks again.

Jim
Old 05-17-2006, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

v0.5 is available here, with the following additions/fixes:

- added year to movie titles in detail info
- added ability to exit sage after executing links in "Other Programs"
- series shows in subgroup ('Grouped' mode) are now sorted by original airing date
- fixed incorrectly sorted movie list when sort order was not "On Now"
- detailed recording times will only be reported in minutes when < 1 hr
- detailed recording times will also be reported when show airs the following day

Dirk
Closed Thread