SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:17 PM

Adaptec AVC-2310 - no audio in preview window

This software is exactly what I was looking for, nice and small that just does the job

But I can't seem to get the audio in the preview window to work.

The saved mpeg files do have audio and look great. So is there some option I'm just not seeing?

I'm at a loss, any suggestions? comments?
Old 05-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage User

I installed one of these (Adaptec 3610) the other day. Everthing seemed to be working fine until I tried watching a few of the shows it recorded and discovered some of the recordings had no sound at all. So until I figure out what's going on, I disabled the tuner that was producing no sound in the preview window.

Suggestions welcome.

-karl

Last edited by karljayne; 05-30-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm noticing the same thing with my HP Dual TV Tuner (3610). Anyone tried one of these recently with Sage? It works just fine in MCE which is puzzling...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 AM

Only two Adaptec Video capture card work with SageTV and there both PCI and keep in mind that Adaptec no longer make's nor support there capture card.
Do the saved mpeg files have audio when you play them back in other players like with Windows Media Player even know they where recorder with SageTV?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Sage User

I used my AVC-3610 for the duration of the trial period for Sage for Windows and it worked fine. The first day of the trial I had no sound, but I was using the stock drivers that Windows MCE 2005 installed. Once I installed the drivers from the HP support site (mine is rebranded HP AVC-3610 dual), everything worked fine from there.

The only problem I found is that no matter what quality setting you choose, the files end up being 4 gigs (!) per hour. This was true for MS MCE as well so I imagine this is a 'feature' of the tuner itself.

On the Linux side, there's currently no driver support for this tuner whatsoever, so it wont work at all for Sage OEM.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
I'm noticing the same thing with my HP Dual TV Tuner (3610). Anyone tried one of these recently with Sage? It works just fine in MCE which is puzzling...
Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Sage Icon

I've got the same problem with a Adaptec 2410. I used to use it with Sage a long time ago, but in the rebuild of my server I couldn't figure out what driver I had used, and no sound is captured with that card now (it's currently disabled) It's still in there and connected, just not configured. Wish I could get it running again tho .