SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Recorder Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Recorder Software Discussion related to the SageTV Recorder application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Recorder should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:25 PM

Stop scheduled recording

I'm using the trial version of Sage TV Recorder and think it is great so far (it recognizes the Gigapocket!). I'm finding though, when I schedule a long recording, say a two hour movie, and set the file segment size at 1000 mb, it never stops recording. This seems to be because with each file split, the timer is reset, hence never reaching the 120 minute mark.

Any suggestions for having it stop after the scheduled recording time would be appreciated. I'm using a dlink medialounge which doesn't like anything larger than a 1 gig file.

Thanks

dk
Old 03-27-2006, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

You could just let it record to one segment and then use something like VideoRedo to split the file into smaller segments for the dsm-320. Doing that you could allow a small (say 1 second) overlap as well if needed.

BobP.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:29 PM

TV Recorder - Segmented files

Thanks Bob

I have Sony software that will do the split for me, but it is time consuming. One hour to split a 5 gig file this morning. Not really record, watch, delete friendly, but I guess it will have to do.

regards

dk
Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

VideoRedo is definitely faster then 1 hour on a 5 Gig file.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

VideoRedo would split the file in Minutes not hour. Most likely less than 10 minutes. Although you may need to try it several times the first time you use it to find the correct split point. After that your times per show would be less then 10 minutes unless your computer is slow.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 03-27-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:35 PM

Stop Scheduled Recording

I've discovered a solution that doesn't involve splitting the files after the fact. I use the 1 gig file limit and schedule a one minute recording immediately after the long recording. The recorder kicks over to the new recording and as the 1 gig file limit is not reached before the one minute is up, the recording stops after one minute. I just have to delete the 1 minute file (called "end.mpg") and I'm good to go!

Thanks for the help guys.

dk