SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Sage User

Setting the Default Guide in a Multi-Guide Configuration

I have a multi-guide configuration with DirecTV and Comcast Basic Cable running under SageTV v4.0. It has worked for a year perfectly. My DirecTV channel lineup is the main line up, and thus, superceeds channels that are in common with the Comcast line-up (e.g., local channel, A&E, ESPN, etc.).

I recently moved and changed my DirecTV line up to a new cit, and now my Comcast line up is the primary line, and it superceeds the channels that are in common with the new DirecTV line up.

When I made the change, I did not delete the DirecTV video sources. I only edited the EPG Lineup setting in Setup > Setup Video Sources of the existing DirecTV video sources.

I really want the DirecTV lineup to be the primary lineup. Is there a way to do this?

-Kevin
Old 12-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Sage

If you're using multiple tuners...

Use the encoder_merit property setting. Just search for 'encoder_merit' on the forums and you should find plenty of information on it. Or just find it in the properties file; you should have it working in 2 guesses (I can't remember if higher or lower numbers mean first priority).

If you're using a single tuner then just disable the channels in your cable lineup.