SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Administrator

SageTV Downloads: share your customizations

The SageTV download area is available for use. You may reach the Downloads section via the navigation bar at the top of the forum, or by going to this address:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/downloads.php

The download links are near the top by the filename, and near the bottom of each page; click on the "Download Here" link.

SageTV users are encouraged to make use of this downloads area to upload their SageTV customizations in order to share them with others. Some notes:
  • The files available for download in that area are not checked by SageTV, therefore SageTV makes no guarantees regarding any files uploaded for use by others. If there is a problem with a file, please notify SageTV so that it may be removed.

• Upload only those files that you have permission to share with others. If you are not the file's author, it may be removed, especially if the author asks for it to be removed.

• While SageTV does not check every file, anything deemed to be inappropriate will be removed.

• Please upload your customization to the appropriate section.

• Valid file types for uploading are: zip rar tar gz stv stvi pdf

• Valid file types for thumbnails are: jpg jpeg jpg2 gif png

• When adding the description for an upload, you may use vB Codes, just like for any forum posts. Tip: There is no WYSIWYG editor like there is for posts, but you could pretend to create a new forum post for editing your description text, then copy the text, cancel the post, and paste the text into the description entry box.

• The downloaded file doesn't use the uploaded filename. When you upload the file, it becomes "<username>-<FileName>.extension", where:
    username - The forum name of the user who uploaded the file.
    FileName - The name of the file entered in the "File Name" field.
  • If you want the download link to link to an external website instead of linking directly to a zip/stv/etc file, then put the address in 'link to a file' but make sure the URL ends in .zip, eg, using a Target:
    Code:
    http://www.host.to/path/page.html#null.zip

- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

anything with an .stv or .stvi opens up in the browser window, rather than downloading the file.

Maybe it's better if the download link reffers directly to the file, rather than the download script. Then at least we can right click and save as...
Old 11-15-2005, 02:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm-I'm not on my Sage machine but clicking download or right-clicking and choosing Save target as works fine for .stv and .stvi. IE 6

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

I guess it's only a problem for firefox then...

I just tested in IE 7 and it works fine there.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Tip: If you want the download link to link to an external website instead of linking directly to a zip/stv/etc file, then put the address in 'link to a file' but make sure the URL ends in .zip, eg, using a Target:
Code:
http://www.host.to/path/page.html#null.zip
[Edit: Thanks. Added this to first post. - Opus4]
Old 02-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Administrator

For anyone having a problem updating a file that you previously added to the Downloads section:

Try updating the file w/o changing any other fields when editing the download. I noticed that if the File Name field is edited at the same time as trying to upload a new version of the file, the old file remains in place as the download.

If other fields need to change too, then edit those in a separate edit cycle.

Be sure to use IE as your browser if you are still having problems.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Updated!

The software running the SageTV Downloads section has been updated. The download link is more prominently displayed, and the downloads list shows previews of the description and a thumb (if a thumb was uploaded), among other changes.

Please post here if there are any problems either uploading or downloading files.

- Andy
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Sage Icon

much nicer!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Another change: if a forum member has uploaded any files, they will be listed at the bottom of the member's profile page.

- Andy
Old 02-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Administrator

The downloads section was using the file name field as the name of the file to be downloaded. I've switched this so that the name of the file that was uploaded is used as the name of the file that gets downloaded.

The file name field seems to work as a short description of the file in the lists of downloads, but that description makes for an unwieldy file name.

Note that the files uploaded under the old downloads system will still use the old name when they are downloaded.

- Andy
Old 12-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The software running the SageTV Downloads section has been updated. The download link is more prominently displayed, and the downloads list shows previews of the description and a thumb (if a thumb was uploaded), among other changes.

Please post here if there are any problems either uploading or downloading files.

- Andy
Opus4, I'm new on the SageTV bandwagon but have my system up and running thanks to all the good advice in these forums. Right now I'm having a problem downloading from the downloads area, specifically Comskip Monitor at this link...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=138.

Everytime I click on the download button I get the following message...

Slow Down! You are trying to download files too quickly. You must wait 13 seconds before you may download another file.

I get the same message with roughly half the downloads I have tried in this area while others seem to work fine. The same download seems to work fine for other users. I'm on a satellite internet connection with high latency speeds which has caused me similar problems with connectivity to my work in the past. They addressed the problem by relaxing some timing settings on thier server somewhere.

Just wondering if other satellite users have reported problems with the download section and if there's a way to make it more satellite friendly?

I've tried three different computers all with the firewall turned off but no luck. My latency to www.sagetv.com is around 800ms.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Sage Expert

It's a TCP windowing problem not a Sage problem. The Sage file transfers are HTTP Get so there's no weirdness with passive FTP (also TCP).

So if you're getting anything above 128kbs (on a DS1/T1/J1 rated ~1.5Mps) regardless of the pipe you're actually doing fairly well (or avg.) 800ms RTT is murder on TCP datagrams, not so bad with UDP as there's no ACK and subsequent windowing.

All of that being said, the message about "Slow Down" is rather interesting....

http://www.vias.org/wirelessnetw/wndw_05_10.html
Old 12-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

I always assumed it was a built-in server delay timer to keep people from hammering the system w/ multiple requests in a short period of time. You'll also get that message if you do 2 forum searches in quick succession.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Sage User

I'm back on dial-up for a month due to a problem with my satellite account (wife's work didn't pay the bill). Forum downloads now work great but dial-up really sucks coming off broadband

Dagar, how about a Vulcan mind meld so I can absorb your networking knowledge. I'm jealous

Happy new year all!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Sage Expert

lol
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Updated to v5.0.8

The software running the SageTV Downloads section has been updated.

- Andy