SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 02-05-2022, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Fresh SageTV install

Hello folks ... I have been using SageTV for likely 16 years (WOW!), and for 5 years (may be even longer) I have not done a fresh install of SageTV. I keep on installing updates for the software and plugins without any issues. If something does go wrong, I just overwrite the install directory from a backup and copy in the Wiz.bin file from the failed install dir.

Things have been doing just fine until a few months ago. Now when I update the SER, comskip or jetty web server plugins all 3 fail (SRE failure is likely related to Jetty web server). I see that comskip is running but no commercials are detected. Same with SRE, it seems to be running but the recordings are not adjusted. I havw to back out the updates to get things working. I have also tried to uninstall the plugins and reinstall but that did not help.

So, am I at the end of the road with this install; should I uninstall delete everything after saving the Wiz.bin and properties files and start again? Other than uninstalling do I need to delete anything else?

Appreciate any advice/guidance is appreciated.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
Hello folks ... I have been using SageTV for likely 16 years (WOW!), and for 5 years (may be even longer) I have not done a fresh install of SageTV. I keep on installing updates for the software and plugins without any issues. If something does go wrong, I just overwrite the install directory from a backup and copy in the Wiz.bin file from the failed install dir.

Things have been doing just fine until a few months ago. Now when I update the SER, comskip or jetty web server plugins all 3 fail (SRE failure is likely related to Jetty web server). I see that comskip is running but no commercials are detected. Same with SRE, it seems to be running but the recordings are not adjusted. I havw to back out the updates to get things working. I have also tried to uninstall the plugins and reinstall but that did not help.

So, am I at the end of the road with this install; should I uninstall delete everything after saving the Wiz.bin and properties files and start again? Other than uninstalling do I need to delete anything else?

Appreciate any advice/guidance is appreciated.
Did you update Jetty Webserver to the new version? If so, check out the forum for some troubleshooting tips and post there for some help

K
Old 02-09-2022, 01:31 PM
Sage User

Yes i did update Jetty Webserver plugin. Will check out the forums for help

thanks
Old 02-09-2022, 10:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd View Post
Yes i did update Jetty Webserver plugin. Will check out the forums for help

thanks
Here is the page....

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66898
Old 02-20-2022, 04:00 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to tbower
I have been running SageTV x86 since the early days of the software. Should I consider upgrading to the the x64 version of the software on my media server? Driver compatibility was always a concern before.

Thanks, Tim
Old 02-20-2022, 08:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are you having any issues? If not, I don't know if there's any pressing need. You do get the option of allocating more heap space on the x64 version. Some thought that would stop the endless spinning circle errors that occasionally popped up.

I upgraded to x64 just because I upgraded my HTPC to a whole new computer.

Oh, I believe you can't use Java 7 anymore on x64. I had a very old and rarely used plugin that relied on it, but I haven't truly missed any significant functionality.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 02-20-2022 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 02:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
sorry for the delayed response. My server crashed and it took me a long time to figure out why. Landed up being a hardware failure.

I am now up and running with SageTV and plugins. Thank you for your help