SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-06-2023, 09:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
I'm fine with whatever is decided, as long as my SageTV system continues to work and we can discus things.

I really appreciate, beyond words those who have kept SageTV up and running after the Google purchase. You guys are awesome!
Thirded.
I don't look here much anymore because Sage (STILL!) just works. But I'll be keeping more of an eye here to see what happens with this...

My only request is please not Reddit. I hate the format and I can't find anything (even though I know it's the "norm" with younger folks), and I'd literally need a for-dummies tutorial.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

I took a look at some of the example Discourse sites and didn’t see anything wrong with them. They all seemed to have a way to view and organize by category or just view most recent posts, so looks fine to me.

I’m happy as long as some form of forum continues.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-06-2023, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
I've never used Discourse before either...that's the only option if we want to use something hosted by Google for open source software discussions. But if the community wants to use something else somewhere (such as reddit) then they are free to do that of course...and if that is the preference, then i won't bother setting up the Discourse site and just provide a static archive of the site.

Here's a Discourse site I just found. They seem to use Categories instead of Subforums: https://forums.metallica.com/
How big is this website, data wise - over or under 1tb? I’m experimenting with a web-site download software package, and was wondering for that reason could be useful until I'm used to the new site when it's up and running
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-07-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Sage User

+1 for Discourse.

And, though I am a Reddit user, I discourage moving SageTV discussions there.
Old 05-07-2023, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I think going forward if there are sub-forums or topics in discourse we should probably have a limited number, far less than in this forum. Perhaps specific sub-forums for General Discussion, Windows, unRAID, other Linux, capture devices, Plugins and that may be all we need.
Old 05-07-2023, 12:38 PM
Sage

Regarding downloading the site...I'm currently working on that. I'm just using wget in recursive format w/ lots of extra options. It should end up looking exactly like the existing forums...but no interactive functionality (i.e. no search, no posting, no PMs, no logins). Mainly it preserves all the forums listings, threads/posts, members and attachments....all as static HTML content. The URLs for posts won't be the exact same as before since the query params need to be converted to actual URLs instead...but Google should end up indexing it all and then Google can be the search tool for the vBulletin forums.

And regarding size...it should end up less than 100GB for everything (it blows up a lot because there's massive amounts of duplication in the static content).
Old 05-07-2023, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

After the NextPVR forum update from vBulletin to MyBB the hardest part was (is) that cross referenced links from one forum post to another fail. I am not sure if that can be resolved but I imagine tome's like the OpenDCT thread might become difficult to navigate.

Martin
Old 05-07-2023, 02:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Regarding downloading the site...I'm currently working on that. I'm just using wget in recursive format w/ lots of extra options. It should end up looking exactly like the existing forums...but no interactive functionality (i.e. no search, no posting, no PMs, no logins). Mainly it preserves all the forums listings, threads/posts, members and attachments....all as static HTML content. The URLs for posts won't be the exact same as before since the query params need to be converted to actual URLs instead...but Google should end up indexing it all and then Google can be the search tool for the vBulletin forums.

And regarding size...it should end up less than 100GB for everything (it blows up a lot because there's massive amounts of duplication in the static content).
Ok, great - thanks. Is there currently security in force that would disallow WinHTTrack from doing the job? I used that about four years ago and it worked fine, but now, just getting 403 Forbidden denials.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Sage

I tried HTTrack and was hitting 403s as well...but no idea why it was happening so I stopped trying to use it.

The wget recursive download finished...but it definitely didn't get all the pages for some reason and also didn't repair all of the links properly.

I guess I'll go back to httrack and see if I can figure out what's causing the 403 issues.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Sage

This is why the server is giving a 403 error...so guess I'll figure out what the client is doing since I built it from source.

ModSecurity: Warning. Matched phrase "$PATH" at REQUEST_COOKIES_NAMES:$Path. [file "/etc/apache2/conf.d/modsec_vendor_configs/OWASP3/rules/REQUEST-932-APPLICATION-ATTACK-RCE.conf"] [line "501"] [id "932160"] [msg "Remote Command Execution: Unix Shell Code Found"] [data "Matched Data: $PATH found within REQUEST_COOKIES_NAMES:$Path: $path"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [ver "OWASP_CRS/3.3.4"] [tag "application-multi"] [tag "language-shell"] [tag "platform-unix"] [tag "attack-rce"] [tag "paranoia-level/1"] [tag "OWASP_CRS"] [tag "capec/1000/152/248/88"] [tag "PCI/6.5.2"] [hostname "forums.sagetv.com"] [uri "/"] [unique_id "ZFk1umvE_E7NCVs1GfdEGwAAAB4"]
Old 05-08-2023, 12:32 PM
Sage

That was easy..just removed the $ from the Path attribute when it was setting the cookie and now it's moving along.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That was easy..just removed the $ from the Path attribute when it was setting the cookie and now it's moving along.
Great ... Maybe you can share how you got around forbidden

Last edited by nyplayer; 05-08-2023 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2023, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
WooHoo! Thanks man, I was trying two other apps and getting the same 403 business.
So which program did you use to check the 403 Forebidden error is gone, and to download the site?
At least with an updated database on a local drive, I can ease into the style of the NEW board. 13-years later, and your dvr is still the best
Old 05-08-2023, 03:08 PM
Sage

I'm using httrack...but I had to recompile the code and remove the dollar sign on this line:

https://github.com/xroche/httrack/bl...htslib.c#L1067

then the 403 problems went away.

And thanks again for all the kinds words....I agree SageTV is the best DVR.

Now regarding Discourse...so that's not going to happen at this time (internal details I can't get into). The only other thing I can do w/ Google's blessing is to create a Google Group for this...which isn't really ideal. The other alternative is somebody else creating a non-official discussion site..and then we link to that as the 'non-official SageTV dicussion forums'. Any takers on that?
Old 05-08-2023, 03:43 PM
Sage

I'm also not going to be able to host all the binary files (installers and such) on Google's service...so I'll move those to GitHub (and only include a few versions, not EVERYTHING like we have now)
Old 05-08-2023, 04:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just gonna chime in here and say how awesome these forums have been as a wealth of knowledge and kind/helpful community!

I'm sure the kind community will carry on, and really hoping that the old content remains searchable in a usable way

To a lesser extent, do we know if things like logins, PM's, and other such personalized things can be transferred over to Discourse, or should we expect to be signing up and starting over once things are migrated?
Old 05-08-2023, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm using httrack...but I had to recompile the code and remove the dollar sign on this line:

https://github.com/xroche/httrack/bl...htslib.c#L1067

then the 403 problems went away.

And thanks again for all the kinds words....I agree SageTV is the best DVR.

Now regarding Discourse...so that's not going to happen at this time (internal details I can't get into). The only other thing I can do w/ Google's blessing is to create a Google Group for this...which isn't really ideal. The other alternative is somebody else creating a non-official discussion site..and then we link to that as the 'non-official SageTV dicussion forums'. Any takers on that?
OK, I'm still getting 403 Forbidden errors with HTTrack. What page do you use as the first page that gets pasted into Track?
Or did you compile a special version of HTTRack.

I'm not tech savvy enough to host a site, but I'd gladly pay a few bob if someone else had the skill...and I'll ask around some of the other sysops I know.

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-08-2023 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
OK, I'm still getting 403 Forbidden errors with HTTrack. What page do you use as the first page that gets pasted into Track?
Or did you compile a special version of HTTRack.
I compiled a special version of HTTRack.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
To a lesser extent, do we know if things like logins, PM's, and other such personalized things can be transferred over to Discourse, or should we expect to be signing up and starting over once things are migrated?
I mentioned in my last post that I won't be setting up a Discourse server (internal issues I can't explain). The only other option I'm allowed to pursue would be a Google Group...for any real forum, somebody else would need to set it up since I'm still bound by Google's rules.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I compiled a special version of HTTRack.
Ah, okay - that's what a tech-friend of mine thought you may have done.
Any idea what a non-coding commoner like moi could do - would I replace the htslib.c which installed with the program with the one you linked to ini post #34, or do I need to re-compile a version myself as you did?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-08-2023 at 07:03 PM.