SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2021, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

So how come you all can use the '%c%' with no problems, but it doesn't work for me as described in this thread where ENE says it needs to be fixed (he hasn't released an update yet)?
Old 10-17-2021, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
So how come you all can use the '%c%' with no problems, but it doesn't work for me as described in this thread where ENE says it needs to be fixed (he hasn't released an update yet)?
It works great no problem at all. You appear to be using it differently what is this ? =%c%&origin ... We are just getting the channel number from Sage.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-17-2021 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
It works great no problem at all. You appear to be using it differently what is this ? =%c%&origin ... We are just getting the channel number from Sage.
I was following @jpwegas method to get PlutoTV streams, which works for him too. Must be something in the parsing that works for this command as opposed to what I was trying.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
Where would I find the epg that schedule direct downloads? It might be useful to compare their formats. I am assuming that things might have changed since the plugin we are trying to use.
I worked around this for TVE by adding a Comcast East Coast guide to my Schedules direct account. Now I have Comcast both East and West Coast. I also noticed for TVE I have to use your settings to transcode or I get no Signal. For the HDHR Tuners the remux works. Of course I had to remap using SageTV.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-10-19 113818.png (37.2 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-19-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I worked around this for TVE by adding a Comcast East Coast guide to my Schedules direct account. Now I have Comcast both East and West Coast. I also noticed for TVE I have to use your settings to transcode or I get no Signal. For the HDHR Tuners the remux works. Of course I had to remap using SageTV.

Ahh so that explains it. I have getting no signals as well in a few cases. I will go back to the original command that transcodes and see what happens. I notice that that a myth tv setup that I run for my son does all this flawlessly without transcoding. He insists that the Kodi interface with myth tv is just faster and more snappy.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

@nyplayer, did your tuning executable commands get cut off? The command you posted ends with a spurious '-':

Quote:
c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/hls/master.m3u8? -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -

c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://10.0.0.2\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/stream.mpg?format\=ts -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -
Also, I am going to try setting up my Prime tuners using this method. Just curious about your port, 8089, as the streaming command I've always used with the HDHomeRuns is different and on port 5004. For example:

Old 10-24-2021, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
@nyplayer, did your tuning executable commands get cut off? The command you posted ends with a spurious '-':

Also, I am going to try setting up my Prime tuners using this method. Just curious about your port, 8089, as the streaming command I've always used with the HDHomeRuns is different and on port 5004. For example:
No it did not that is how it ends. I am using my ChannelsDVR server as a backend which is port 8089.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No it did not that is how it ends. I am using my ChannelsDVR server as a backend which is port 8089.
Okay, thanks for explaining for me.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay, thanks for explaining for me.
The reason I use Channels as a backend is because we have a large household and some prefer Plex Emby or SageTV ... At the moment I prefer Channels DVR.

Channels controls distribution of tuners to the other APPS... This way if multiple users are watching or recording the same Channel it will only use 1 tuner/share the same stream.

I can have SageTV , Emby, Plex and channels dvr all watching Monday night football but only 1 tuner is used.

Plus this also gives SageTV the ability to keep padding on back to back favorites same channel and only use 1 tuner.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The reason I use Channels as a backend is because we have a large household and some prefer Plex Emby or SageTV ... At the moment I prefer Channels DVR.

Channels controls distribution of tuners to the other APPS... This way if multiple users are watching or recording the same Channel it will only use 1 tuner/share the same stream.

I can have SageTV , Emby, Plex and channels dvr all watching Monday night football but only 1 tuner is used.

Plus this also gives SageTV the ability to keep padding on back to back favorites same channel and only use 1 tuner.
Very cool setup. Mine is just SageTV plus Plex for remote viewing when I travel, which isn't very often. But now I have a Firestick with the miniclient for traveling which is even better.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

One thing if setting up an OTA connect as pipe ... you have to remap the channels in SageTV example below

SageTV Channels 2-1 The physical channel has to be changed to 2.1
SageTV Channels 6-1 The physical channel has to be changed to 6.1

This has to be done for each Channel ...
Old 10-27-2021, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
One thing if setting up an OTA connect as pipe ... you have to remap the channels in SageTV example below

SageTV Channels 2-1 The physical channel has to be changed to 2.1
SageTV Channels 6-1 The physical channel has to be changed to 6.1

This has to be done for each Channel ...
I had this set up but went back to having sagetv directly control the hdhomerun part of things through opendct. I used to get crashes after long periods in the past however where my opendct properties file would just become corrupt with gibberish. I wonder if sending it through channels offers a bit more stability.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had this set up but went back to having sagetv directly control the hdhomerun part of things through opendct. I used to get crashes after long periods in the past however where my opendct properties file would just become corrupt with gibberish. I wonder if sending it through channels offers a bit more stability.
I have had no problems at all... The streams work great on my miniclients on FireTV ... before I would sometimes get no signal. I use the remux I posted.

My 2 Primes and 2 Quatros.

Code:
generic.pipe.device_names_csv=Cable1,Cable2,Cable3,Cable4,Cable5,Cable6,OTA1,OTA2,OTA3,OTA4,OTA5,OTA6,OTA7,OTA8
Code:
sagetv.device.2436277.consumer=opendct.consumer.DynamicConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.2436277.custom_channels=
sagetv.device.2436277.delay_to_wait_after_tuning=0
sagetv.device.2436277.device_name=OTA1
sagetv.device.2436277.encoder_listen_port=9000
sagetv.device.2436277.encoder_merit=0
sagetv.device.2436277.encoder_pool=generic_pipe
sagetv.device.2436277.exclusive_server_address=
sagetv.device.2436277.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.2436277.last_channel=2.1
sagetv.device.2436277.stopping_executable=
sagetv.device.2436277.streaming_executable=c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://10.0.0.2\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/stream.mpg?format\=ts -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -
sagetv.device.2436277.transcode_profile=
sagetv.device.2436277.tuning_delay_ms=0

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-27-2021 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I found that for TVE the best way to get the Channels in your area is to copy over the Sched Direct Lineup to the TVE Sources then just map the channels numbers to the ones in ChannelsDVR.

I can get an XMLTV file into Sage but the one that comes from Channels DVR needs to be manipulated before importing into SageTV to get correct episode #'s.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-28-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I found that for TVE the best way to get the Channels in your area is to copy over the Sched Direct Lineup to the TVE Sources then just map the channels numbers to the ones in ChannelsDVR.
By this do you mean for both local and cable channels? Does this get more quickly around the hassle of manually mapping them? How do you add the schedule direct epg lineup to channels dvr?
Old 10-28-2021, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
By this do you mean for both local and cable channels? Does this get more quickly around the hassle of manually mapping them? How do you add the schedule direct epg lineup to channels dvr?
LOL I guess my post was confusing ... I meant in Sage when you add the TVESource you can make a copy of the regular guide and use that to map channels.

But ignore my previous post as it is best to import the Channels DVR TVE guide.... It is the only way you are going to get guide data for TVE sources like Philo YouTubeTV etc...

This is what my TVE looks like using Channels DVR XMLTV ...

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-28-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK. That was what I did for my local channels at first and realized that the key to getting it to work was mirroring the channels numbers as they appear on the channels dvr guide. After that I just used tve for cable channels and direct opendct for locals. Like you, I dont bother with the channels dvr epg. I just use schedules direct.

For YouTubetv what do you do with those adult swim channels? I mean the ones that run repeats of Samurai Jack and robot chicken and such since there is no corresponding channel name or epg for them?

Last edited by boukmandutty; 10-28-2021 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK. That was what I did for my local channels at first and realized that the key to getting it to work was mirroring the channels numbers as they appear on the channels dvr guide. After that I just used tve for cable channels and direct opendct for locals. Like you, I dont bother with the channels dvr epg. I just use schedules direct.

For YouTubetv what do you do with those adult swim channels? I mean the ones that run repeats of Samurai Jack and robot chicken and such since there is no corresponding channel name or epg for them?
The EPG for those extra Channels have to come from Channels DVR.

The reason I decided to use ChannelsDVR m3u input into SageTV is mainly for sharing the streams tuners and being able to keep padding on back to back recordings using only 1 tuner.. TVE is an after thought. So I thank you again for making this possible.... In A pinch I can get a working TVE if my Primes go down in Sage. I have XTEVE working in Plex maybe I will look at using it for SageTV.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-28-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The EPG for those extra Channels have to come from Channels DVR.

The reason I decided to use ChannelsDVR m3u input into SageTV is mainly for sharing the streams tuners and being able to keep padding on back to back recordings using only 1 tuner.. TVE is an after thought. So I thank you again for making this possible.... In A pinch I can get a working TVE if my Primes go down in Sage. I have XTEVE working in Plex maybe I will look at using it for SageTV.
It might have been just my system but I found that for some reason things noticeably slowed down when I used the epg from channels dvr.

I wish I could use my hdromerun primes like you but I had to abandon those. In my region cox put a drm on everything that was not local. This is why it made sense to switch to youtubetv. Using tve from channels dvr as my source has proven for me more reliable than all the other methods I tried to work around the drm.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It might have been just my system but I found that for some reason things noticeably slowed down when I used the epg from channels dvr.

I wish I could use my hdromerun primes like you but I had to abandon those. In my region cox put a drm on everything that was not local. This is why it made sense to switch to youtubetv. Using tve from channels dvr as my source has proven for me more reliable than all the other methods I tried to work around the drm.
Schedules Direct has a youtube lineup you just have to add it

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-28-2021 at 07:41 PM.