SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-25-2021, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

If you still have the old SageTV folder backed up you could just copy over the Fanart folder.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Go into BMT, use one of the Browse views like All Videos or All Movies, then select update fanart... I am doing this from memory so the exact steps may be slightly different..i can validate later.

K
Thanks - I'm working with BMT at the moment, but it's ending up more like BLT.

I'm not sure if it's finger trouble at my end, outdated software or outdated legal links. Some shows are being updated, but most are just being bypassed, even though BMT is showing that it recognizes the program names are evident.
I'll keep messing it with it until the wee hours...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 10-25-2021, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Thanks - I'm working with BMT at the moment, but it's ending up more like BLT.

I'm not sure if it's finger trouble at my end, outdated software or outdated legal links. Some shows are being updated, but most are just being bypassed, even though BMT is showing that it recognizes the program names are evident.
I'll keep messing it with it until the wee hours...
If you have done any manual matching in the past there will be a file under userdata/phoenix subfolders... Cant recall the name but it has all the matches stored...if you copy some or all of those files over from your old install the matching may improve

K
Old 10-25-2021, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
If you have done any manual matching in the past there will be a file under userdata/phoenix subfolders... Cant recall the name but it has all the matches stored...if you copy some or all of those files over from your old install the matching may improve

K
There’s also a check-box in the Phoenix fanart area about “preserving original metadata for recordings” - any chance that’s stopping a new discovery?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 10-25-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
There’s also a check-box in the Phoenix fanart area about “preserving original metadata for recordings” - any chance that’s stopping a new discovery?
If your issue is with fanart, I do not believe that setting will change anything. If you are in the browse and select "Refresh Fanart" does that provide an error or does it just not do anything?

Perhaps provide the logs/phoenix log so we can see if there are any errors in the fanart fetch process.

K
Old 01-24-2022, 10:48 PM
SageTVaholic

What's the current status of TVDB in BMT? Is it dead now due to a change in the API or does it still work? I am having some issues but I am not sure if it is something with my config or the fact that the API is now broken.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
What's the current status of TVDB in BMT? Is it dead now due to a change in the API or does it still work? I am having some issues but I am not sure if it is something with my config or the fact that the API is now broken.
I have not tried but it is supposed to still work other than banners which TVDB broke. The new TMDB code has not been released and I need to get back to that at some point.

K