SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Are you talking sagetv.properties, or the client properties for the extenders? My client extender properties files all run between 12 and 20kb.
I haven't let SageTV rebuild my sage.properties file in MANY years. I'm sure there is so much fluff in there that a newly built properties file would be much smaller. Same with my wiz.bin file which stretches back pretty much since I started using SageTV. Version 4 if I recall my first version.
I’m talking about the client extender properties files. Mine went from 6k to 2.5k
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-30-2020, 08:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Are you talking sagetv.properties, or the client properties for the extenders? My client extender properties files all run between 12 and 20kb.
I haven't let SageTV rebuild my sage.properties file in MANY years. I'm sure there is so much fluff in there that a newly built properties file would be much smaller. Same with my wiz.bin file which stretches back pretty much since I started using SageTV. Version 4 if I recall my first version.
I’m talking about the client extender properties files. Mine went from 6k to 2.5k
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 09-01-2020, 09:33 PM
Sage User

I'm not getting the firmware update notices anymore (I have 20101007-0). However, when I go to manually check for a firmware update I get "Failed checking for update. Make sure your network connection is configured correctly."

Is there no firmware on a server somewhere?
Old 09-01-2020, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHuisingh View Post
I'm not getting the firmware update notices anymore (I have 20101007-0). However, when I go to manually check for a firmware update I get "Failed checking for update. Make sure your network connection is configured correctly."

If you're having network problems, you won’t get to the Sage firmware depository. Check your router - if the HD300 shows up there, it should find the online updates. However, the update that’s available doesn’t change much. There is firmware in the forum. Look under head topics in a Media Extenders area, posts by ‘Opus’. Technically, the last firmware update was many years ago

Last edited by tvmaster2; 09-01-2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Mine didn't really change much.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHuisingh View Post

If you do the normal search for updated firmware within the HD300 media extender you aren't going to see the beta firmwares. That is what I am running now and I haven't seen it lose network config on either of my HD300's since I installed it. I was lucky if I made it through a day using the "latest" through the normal firmware search (probably the same version you are running).

As TVMASTER2 said, look in the media extenders forum. In the sticky threads at the top of the list look for the ones that end in "notifications only" for the HD300. Within that thread are all the firmware updates. I downloaded them all just so I had them. I placed them in a folder within the SageTV directory. Then place the one you want to try in the same directory that SageTV.exe is in. You have to rename them, taking out the version #'s. Just having STP300.bin and STP300.ver.
Then you'll have to use the pull the power from the HD300, and hold down the "back" button (the one on the top to the left of the cursor pad on the remote. You have to hold the back button all the way until you see the service menu. Then pick the backup/restore option and select "from server". Then you should see a pretty normal firmware update procedure. Oh, and you may have to be patient. I had multiple failed downloads and had to retry several times. But that may have just been my machine. I've been having issues with my router losing the internet recently. (just got a new one today, but haven't installed it yet)

As I said I'm using the last beta version and haven't seen the network configuration loss issue since.

Last edited by waynedunham; 09-02-2020 at 07:38 PM.