SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Sage User

Playing for the first time with Phoenix. Love the fresh look of Phoenix Lite. Easy to use for the whole family. A few comments however:

1. 'Today's Guide' on a client machine results in the message 'There are no items defined in this view'

2. Are there any plans to implement a full grid-style Program Guide using the same look and feel? The lack of a full program guide may prevent me from using this long term.

3. I can see notifications (yellow triangle with exclamation) but clicking on it doesn't do anything.

4. Weather shows up in the top bar but clicking it doesn't do anything either.

I love the look and feel of this theme. I wish the default UI looked so slick and modern. Unfortunately I need the full functionality that seems to only be available in the dated looking default UI.

Mike

Last edited by DigiDAD; 11-26-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Try PClassic. It is bundled in there with PLite. Similar look but has a fully functional EPG.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Not sure what is the state of this discussion ... I've been running Phoenix 2 for a while and liked it but I just upgraded my whole SageTV installation and installed Phoenix 3. I think phoenix3.xml is the UI I like the most. I don't really like PLite with it's side menu and no guide.

I'd like to have weather backgrounds as I had in Phoenix 2. Is this possible? I get a "Forecast for null" message on the home screen. I found the weather setting menu in PLite but did not find any option menu in Phoenix3.xml. I've set my location in PLite but not sure it's being taken into consideration. Is there a config file where we can define location? Or is it some other problem?

(edit) I found the Phoenix settings in BMT, I guess this will help !

Thanks!
Martin

Last edited by atchoo; 04-13-2018 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

So I'm using this for the first time in a while and I'm loving the straight up speed of Phoenix Lite but I'm in a bit of a dilemma because my wife likes the grid view for the list of shows, but when you drill down to the list of episodes, it would be nice to be able to use the 'list' version here - as well as have a separate sorting for the episode list (I like my shows arranged by latest recorded but my episodes by latest season/episode #). That is, if the development for this isn't totally dead... I see the last post was in April.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Well. Good news and bad news. Development IS dead. However, what you are asking for sounds possible. I’ll pull it up next time I’m near my Sage server and see what I can find.
btl.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Well. Good news and bad news. Development IS dead. However, what you are asking for sounds possible. I’ll pull it up next time I’m near my Sage server and see what I can find.
btl.
Boo! Yay! But seriously, though, thanks!
Old 07-16-2018, 07:38 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
is there some secret way to get to the detailed settings menu so i can turn this theme off. there is also no way to delete anything?