SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
You married?
How did I know that was going to be your next question? I was "this" close to including the answer in my previous reply, but didn't want to assume. To answer your question... yup... quite happily. 10 years and counting.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 06-21-2016, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Acknowledging that I'm the least knowledgable regarding this issue here (heck I can't even drag an emoticon into this, successfully and I built and ran BBS's, but I digress): Why would you, or do you think I would want to get rid of the metadata? That's the reason why I didn't use the built-in File Browser.

Also, I did set it up as alfi33 suggested and it works dandy - just want I wanted. As a benny I was able to sort them more in line with want I wanted all along.

Why would you lose the metadata if you make sure you copy over the properties?
I didn't say you wanted to get rid of it, I said if you went back to the default UI as Tiki suggested, you'd have to do that, because if the metadata is still fully intact, than it will still be tied to an Airing object in the SageTV database, and will only be listed in the recordings section of the default UI, not in your Video's view. Part of what Gemstone and Phoenix does for you is treat TV shows as TV Shows, and Movies as Movies, regardless of whether sage calls them a Recording or a Video.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-21-2016, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You married?
If SageTV or a version of Windows is this much of an issue for you, you've got problems that we can't solve here.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-21-2016, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Let's not scare the guy off. We need more users.

Ignore Fuzzy... he has no filter.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
How did I know that was going to be your next question? I was "this" close to including the answer in my previous reply, but didn't want to assume. To answer your question... yup... quite happily. 10 years and counting.
Not long enough.

You see, I can STILL - vaguely - remember wearing the pants in this arrangement also.

Give it a little more time and then refer back to this and we can commiserate the loss
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
If SageTV or a version of Windows is this much of an issue for you, you've got problems that we can't solve here.
Ouch.

Let me clarify, it's not the version of Windows, or 'nix or Fortran / Cobal etc., that scares me ... it's the PERSON using the laptop running XP that scares the daylights out of me.

Now that that is cleared up, if you could solve THAT one ...
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 06-22-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Let's not scare the guy off. We need more users.
Naw, anyone who knows me, knows what I used to be and what I've become. They're in teh same boat, most of them, so we just shake our heads. I'm used to it.

Anyway, BTV's forum came back up and I posted - yesterday - that I had bailed and went to Sage. Got a response within about 30 minutes wanting to know and ready to move.

Went to reply today, and they've restricted my account, go figure.

Quote:
Ignore Fuzzy... he has no filter.
Aah, that's alright, I like him, filter or no filter.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 06-22-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Not long enough.

You see, I can STILL - vaguely - remember wearing the pants in this arrangement also.

Give it a little more time and then refer back to this and we can commiserate the loss
Totally OT (everyone else just move along):
LOL! That's what people told us to expect "after you're married", then after 2, 5, and 8 years. The most recent one was by a couple who had only been married a little bit longer than we had been. The wife made a similar statement to yours and asked how long we had been married. When we said 8 years, you could see the shock on her face. She must have thought we were newlyweds because this was on a cruise. So, to cover herself, all she could muster was, "Give it another year."

I do admit, we're the outliers. We frequent a local establishment and one of the workers who hadn't been there very long--but enough to have gotten to know us a bit already--asked how long we had been dating. She was in utter disbelief when I told her we'd been married for 9 years. She told us we act like we've only been dating for a few months. And, that, my friend, is the secret to a happy, complementary relationship. It's all about respect. If one person thinks they wear the pants or feels they must wear the pants, you're eventually going to find yourself sleeping with just a pair of pants. (That's assuming you aren't left with only half a pair.)

Last edited by Skirge01; 06-22-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Totally OT (everyone else just move along):
LOL! That's what people told us to expect "after you're married", then after 2, 5, and 8 years. The most recent one was by a couple who had only been married a little bit longer than we had been. The wife made a similar statement to yours and asked how long we had been married. When we said 8 years, you could see the shock on her face. She must have thought we were newlyweds because this was on a cruise. So, to cover herself, all she could muster was, "Give it another year."

I do admit, we're the outliers. We frequent a local establishment and one of the workers who hadn't been there very long--but enough to have gotten to know us a bit already--asked how long we had been dating. She was in utter disbelief when I told her we'd been married for 9 years. She told us we act like we've only been dating for a few months. And, that, my friend, is the secret to a happy, complementary relationship. It's all about respect. If one person thinks they wear the pants or feels they must wear the pants, you're eventually going to find yourself sleeping with just a pair of pants. (That's assuming you aren't left with only half a pair.)
I am not going to jinkx this by saying a word.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2