SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-09-2023, 05:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I still like the picture quality of the HDPVR over the URay, I have tried all the adjustment I could to get the same colours, but I never can. The difference in stability can't be denied though, I have to reboot the HDPVR every few weeks to get that nice picture and if I forget my recordings get messed up. Trouble free HDMI is a plus too.

Martin
Old 01-09-2023, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsean View Post
Besides stereo sound (which yeah I don't care about that either), the only complaint I have is that they are initially setup with a hard-coded IP with a subnet of 192.168.1.

So. . .you have to set up your gateway (aka your router) to use that subnet at least initially even if you don't want to leave it that way, so that you can configure and talk to the thing. It doesn't have any kind of CLI for you to set it up with some other subnet from the start from what I can tell.

Totally minor annoyance though.
Thanks, that's not a big deal for me as that is the subnet I use anyhow. I guess the only potential problem is that if it uses a specific number on the fourth pair of bytes then it might conflict with something else on my network. For example, if it uses 192.168.1.150 and I have a SageTV extender using that.
Old 01-09-2023, 05:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
I still like the picture quality of the HDPVR over the URay, I have tried all the adjustment I could to get the same colours, but I never can. The difference in stability can't be denied though, I have to reboot the HDPVR every few weeks to get that nice picture and if I forget my recordings get messed up. Trouble free HDMI is a plus too.
Knock on wood, but my HD-PVRs have been solid for a long time. Being able to use HDMI is nice, though.

So do these devices totally ignore any HDCP?
Old 01-09-2023, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

This:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TKMPCZH/

did not require any splitters. I can plug anything into it and record it. I believe the first 2 ports are 4k (or less) and the other 2 ports are 1080p. I thought the Uray produced better video than the HDPVR or the HDPVR2, but the Uray will not pass thru audio (it will encode it to stereo).

At this point, though, if you're going to go ahead and give up on 5.1 channel audio, then the best route is to use Channels DVR as a TVE tuner(s) for Sage. The video on some channels is still 720p lower bitrates, but many streaming channels are now 1080p and are starting to look darn good. That and the fact that I have unlimited tuners is a slam dunk. I still need an antenna & HDHR for my local channels, but all the rest is streaming.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 01-09-2023 at 07:05 PM.