SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

EnterNoExit

Could you please look at my wrapper log and advise. I think it's complaining about my Java but I'm not sure what to do.
Attached Files
File Type: txt wrapper_log.txt (53.5 KB, 372 views)
Old 12-17-2015, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranockcir View Post
Yep, that was it, working great, easy to install and just running with the defaults, haven't changed any settings.

Thanks for the help.
Excellent. One of my goals was to make things as automated as possible. I don't like it when I need to get a configuration just right before I can do anything at all. The automation does however come at the cost of on the first run it will reach out to any capture device it can find. It does not modify anything when they are detected, but it will when you shutdown as it will stop them from streaming if they are streaming. There is provisioning to tell it what to only use or what to always ignore depending on your preference. Only supersedes ignore.

I was hoping someone else would try this out on Linux. I have a VM of every distro we are supporting running under a KVM hypervisor on Fedora 22 and have been doing a lot of my testing on them, but I have not made a full transition to Linux for my production SageTV server. There are still a few too many things I use for SageTV that will not run on Linux. Once we get the web interface on there, it will be a snap to administrate headless too.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 12-17-2015, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoJohn View Post
EnterNoExit

Could you please look at my wrapper log and advise. I think it's complaining about my Java but I'm not sure what to do.
what Java version are you using and did you try to set the conf with the java path?
Old 12-17-2015, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EnterNoExit

Perhaps you have a version of Java prior to 1.7 installed. 1.7 is the minimum for this project. Also if you have 32-bit and 64-bit installed you will probably need to tell it where Java is located since it will probably pick the wrong one.

I can see you have the 32-bit version of OpenDCT installed. If you need to tell JSW where your 32-bit Java is located, you will need to edit C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenDCT Authors\OpenDCT\jsw\conf\wrapper.conf and change the line set.JAVA_HOME=c:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre1.8.0_66 to match your the path to the version of Java that you have installed, then uncomment wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java a little further down in the properties.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Just to let you know, I set this up last night on my Sage 9, Win 10 server. I'm running OpenDCT on that same machine. I did a clean install with the latest OpenDCT version and it worked perfectly with default settings. I'm running the HDHR Prime with cable card..

Nice work!!
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 12-17-2015, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
Just to let you know, I set this up last night on my Sage 9, Win 10 server. I'm running OpenDCT on that same machine. I did a clean install with the latest OpenDCT version and it worked perfectly with default settings. I'm running the HDHR Prime with cable card..

Nice work!!
Great to hear. We did not test on Windows 10, so it's good to know it's working OK. I know the some programs do strange things on Windows 10, so that was a legit concern. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 12-17-2015, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Except to identify the number of tuners at some point during the install, is there anything special that needs to be done if (2) HDHR Primes (6 tuners total) are going to be used?

Is there anything specific that should be done to remove any SageDCT configuration prior to installation?

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 12-17-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had Java 1.6 installed so I updated to Java 8 and tried again. Unfortunately still no joy.

I checked the set.Java_HOME line in my wrapper.config and it correctly points to the location of the new Java version.

I'm running Win10 and Sage7 (latest version).

If you have time could you look at the attached and further advise?
Attached Files
File Type: txt wrapper_log2.txt (66.9 KB, 350 views)
File Type: txt wrapper.conf.txt (8.9 KB, 366 views)
Old 12-18-2015, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Except to identify the number of tuners at some point during the install, is there anything special that needs to be done if (2) HDHR Primes (6 tuners total) are going to be used?

Is there anything specific that should be done to remove any SageDCT configuration prior to installation?
If you want OpenDCT to use all of the tuners accessible to your computer, no special configuration is needed. If you only want it to use specific tuners, then you'll need to take a look at the readme on GitHub for how to do that. It's not hard, but you will need to run the program once to get the values to put in the only/ignore properties of opendct.properties.

SageDCT should uninstall cleanly. If you want to maintain options, you could just disable the SageDCT service until you are certain you want to use OpenDCT full time.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had Java 1.6 installed so I updated to Java 8 and tried again. Unfortunately still no joy.

I checked the set.Java_HOME line in my wrapper.config and it correctly points to the location of the new Java version.

I'm running Win10 and Sage7 (latest version).

If you have time could you look at the attached and further advise?
You still need to uncomment #wrapper.java.command=%JAVA_HOME%/bin/java

Remove the # from the beginning of the line.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 12-18-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
If you want OpenDCT to use all of the tuners accessible to your computer, no special configuration is needed. If you only want it to use specific tuners, then you'll need to take a look at the readme on GitHub for how to do that. It's not hard, but you will need to run the program once to get the values to put in the only/ignore properties of opendct.properties.

SageDCT should uninstall cleanly. If you want to maintain options, you could just disable the SageDCT service until you are certain you want to use OpenDCT full time.
I have 2 Primes and 2 NICS it Identified them both fine ... one I use for SageTV one I use for HDHOMERUNDVR and I did not have to ignore any tuners I just simply did not set them up as a video source in SageTV.

Last edited by nyplayer; 12-18-2015 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It occurred to me that you might have meant removing the configuration from the Sage.properties file. What I would do (and this is what I did) to save some time is start SageTV with the SageDCT configuration still in place, then add the OpenDCT tuners as detected telling them to use the lineup that you already configured for SageDCT. That way you don't need to go through and re-select the channels you receive. Then stop the SageTV service again and remove the SageDCT mmc/encoders entries from Sage.properties. Start SageTV back up and you should now only see OpenDCT entries and you didn't need to re-do the lineup.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I have 2 Primes and 2 NICS it Identified them both fine ... one I use for SageTV one I use for HDHOMERUNDVR and I did not have to ignore any tuners I just simply did not set them up as a video source in SageTV.
The reason I would set OpenDCT to ignore tuners is because, it will stop the tuner on shutdown and standby. If it's locked, that won't happen, so I guess it doesn't really matter if you have only have Primes. Even with the force unlock option enabled, that happens if the device is tuning, not stopping. If you have any InfiniTV devices, this detail might matter to you a little more.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

First, I appreciate your taking the time to hold the hand of the technically challenged such as myself. I wish I had better news to report.

I un-commented the line you pointed out and ran "OpenDCT Run as Console". Still no success.

It may be I am out of my league here and should step back and let users who know what they are doing be the beta-testers. However, I'm game to keep trying if it's not too much of a drag on your time. I really need to find a substitute for SageDCT since it seems to be a lost cause trying to make that program work on Win10.

In any case, many thanks for your contributions to the community.

Attached is my latest Wrapper.log
Attached Files
File Type: txt wrapperlog3.txt (66.9 KB, 343 views)
Old 12-18-2015, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
First, I appreciate your taking the time to hold the hand of the technically challenged such as myself. I wish I had better news to report.

I un-commented the line you pointed out and ran "OpenDCT Run as Console". Still no success.

It may be I am out of my league here and should step back and let users who know what they are doing be the beta-testers. However, I'm game to keep trying if it's not too much of a drag on your time. I really need to find a substitute for SageDCT since it seems to be a lost cause trying to make that program work on Win10.

In any case, many thanks for your contributions to the community.

Attached is my latest Wrapper.log
I don't mind. This could be good information for others who may run into a similar situation. It's still executing java.exe from the symbolic linked Windows path. I would not think it to be needed, but put a # in front of wrapper.java.command=java. As a last ditch if that doesn't work, make sure you uninstall any version of Java installed that isn't 1.7 or greater.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed on WHS 2011 and appear to have it functioning okay.

I'm currently recording 2 channels and watching another live. So far it looks great!

Thing is, it took a few attempts to get everything working and I ran the console a few times. It always errors out after 5 attempts.

I'll post the log but in short, it says "ERROR SageTVSocketServer - Unable to open SocketServer on port 9000 => java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind".

Is this error something that can be ignored?

I didn't fully uninstall PrimeNetEncoder - could this be interfering somehow?

Thanks,
uberpixel
Attached Files
File Type: txt opendct-crash-24.txt (83.9 KB, 344 views)
Old 12-19-2015, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

It looks like you have something on your computer already using port 9000. Port 9000 is the default port shared by all of the capture devices. You can have them all used different ports, but it's not required and it keeps things a little easier to manage if you're running a firewall. You can change it, in two ways. Since you likely haven't customized anything I would recommend just changing the value of sagetv.new.device.socket_server_shared_port=9000 to another port that's not in use on your server, then remove all of the lines starting with sagetv.device and start the service again. The other way is to edit each sage.device.<unique_id>.encoder_listen_port property to the desired port.

If OpenDCT can't open a port for communication and the port number isn't just a suggestion it creates a fatal error because not being able to use the correct port means no communications are possible with SageTV. If you're still seeing problems even after changing that port value, run netstat -aon | find "9000" on a command prompt running as administrator to determine the PID of the process that is using the port you're trying to use. You can then reference that port in Task Manager. You could also run netstat -abn, and it will give you the exe responsible, but it doesn't play nicely with find and it won't be as specific.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Actually after closer inspection, it looks like the service is running twice. If the service is running and you launch the console version while it is running or vice-versa, one of them will crash because the ports needed are in use. If that is not what you did and you're just running the service, I'll need the log under C:\ProgramData\OpenDCT\logs\wrapper.log to help determine why JSW ran it twice.

Last edited by EnterNoEscape; 12-19-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Actually after closer inspection, it looks like the service is running twice. If the service is running and you launch the console version while it is running or vice-versa, one of them will crash because the ports needed are in use. If that is not what you did and you're just running the service, I'll need the log under C:\ProgramData\OpenDCT\logs\wrapper.log to help determine why JSW ran it twice.
Okay. I think I probably ran the console while the service was already running. So far it's running without any issues.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thought i'd give this a go this afternoon. Using Ceton-Infinitv 4-tuner with cablecard, on windows 10. java 1.7.0_05. SageTV 7-licensed.

13:37:51.192 [cling-29:Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-38-6a) Tuner 2] ERROR RegisterDevice - There was a problem creating network encoders from the embedded devices on 'Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-38-6a)' with the schema 'schemas-cetoncorp-com' => org.fourthline.cling.transport.spi.InitializationException: The ConnectionManager service did not return a supported protocol.

i'm hoping it's something dumb that i missed. opendct.log attached.

Server: Sage 9.0.13.536, Windows10-64bit, AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz , 16GB Ram, 2.6TB recording
Tuners: OpenDCT 0.5.2 Ceton InfiniTV4
NAS: 16TB, unRaid Plus, Asus H87I-Plus mini-ITX, Intel Core i3-4130, 16GB Ram, Fractal Node 304 case
10 Clients: HD-300, HD-200, SageWin10, Plex, AndroidMiniClient