SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Strange. I restarted my computer and my favorites are still there.

The only thing which happened is a hard drive crashed (1 of the 2 record drives). Maybe that was it? *crossing fingers*
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

now I'm having troubles with Favorites again....but at the moment, only with one of my two tuners (Colossus). And it gets even weirder....some Favorites from that tuner are working fine, while others appear as BOLD, but don't schedule....grrrrr
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-23-2013, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post

Ps this is what I would check.

Exclude Sagetv folder from antivirus... and or Defender
Exclude SageTV folder from Indexing (no need to ever Search Sagetv Folder)
this sounds like a good idea...how do we do that?
thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
this sounds like a good idea...how do we do that?
thanks
On windows click start then in the search type in Index ... to the right you should see Index options..... do the same if you have defender.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
On windows click start then in the search type in Index ... to the right you should see Index options..... do the same if you have defender.
thanks. will this effect things like Phoenix Remote or Air Video Server?
Old 09-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

This issue of corrupted wiz.bin has been plaguing me for the last few months.

I recently did a controlled shutdown from the SageTV control GUI.

It did not have any issues shutting down (sometimes it gets stuck but not this time)

But on restart the DB was declared as corrupt and I lost my favourites, guide data, and all recordings moved to archived.

Looking in the log prior to shutdown I noticed that there was a library import in progress at the time.

I turned off automatic library imports which I had set to every 2 hours and shutdown and restarts work fine without corrupting the DB.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post

It did not have any issues shutting down (sometimes it gets stuck but not this time)

But on restart the DB was declared as corrupt and I lost my favourites, guide data, and all recordings moved to archived.

Looking in the log prior to shutdown I noticed that there was a library import in progress at the time.

I turned off automatic library imports which I had set to every 2 hours and shutdown and restarts work fine without corrupting the DB.
Jeff recently fixed a bug that was causing wiz.bin corruption. You should upgrade to the 9.0.8 version of the Sage.jar.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Jeff recently fixed a bug that was causing wiz.bin corruption. You should upgrade to the 9.0.8 version of the Sage.jar.
That bug only existed in the 9.0.7 version.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldjcox View Post

Your post makes me wonder if it is a good practice to verify that a library import is not in progress before stopping the SageTV service. Me thinks I will start doing that, certainly can't hurt.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Your post makes me wonder if it is a good practice to verify that a library import is not in progress before stopping the SageTV service. Me thinks I will start doing that, certainly can't hurt.
Unless the service actually crashes, it should not cause any corruption. The shutdown process cleanly stops tasks such as this prior to actually closing the JVM.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Fuzzy, that's good to know.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls