SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > SageTV Marketplace
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Marketplace This forum is to be used to buy/sell/trade SageTV hardware and software only.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Andy,

I'm having problems PMing & posting on the site. Everything I post is set up to where a moderator must approve my posts/replies. And when I do find something I want to purchased from the marketplace, PM is turned off for me. I cannot send or receive.

Can you help?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
I need some licenses and would like to offer a tuner (not purchased here) for trade. Is that acceptable, since my end-goal to acquire a SageTV product?
What you offer privately is up to you, but the offer/request posted in this forum needs to be a SageTV product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellSTL View Post
I'm having problems PMing & posting on the site. Everything I post is set up to where a moderator must approve my posts/replies. And when I do find something I want to purchased from the marketplace, PM is turned off for me. I cannot send or receive.
Please see this subforum's rules topic. As the note I posted there earlier today says, new users are moderated for a while. Those accounts will automatically get full posting/PM privileges after a while.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Was this forum set up intentionally to default to display only the last two weeks of posts? Almost all of the other SageTV forums default to display posts from the beginning (i.e. first post).
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Was this forum set up intentionally to default to display only the last two weeks of posts? Almost all of the other SageTV forums default to display posts from the beginning (i.e. first post).
Bump.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Yes.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

Is it fair to sell extender parts separately?

I think there should be a clear policy that doesn't allow people from selling separately the parts that were originally in the package, for instance, I can see people that sold their HD300 without the breakout cable and other people looking to buy one, why? What are you going to do with your breakout cable once you sold your HD300? The breakout cable is integral part of the extender and has no use elsewhere, hence it shouldn't be possible to sell it separately.

In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed to sell separately what wasn't possible to buy before as accessory because is not fair for the buyer and not correct for the seller.

Of course if you have purchased an extra remote or the IR external cable then you should be allowed to selling it, otherwise I think is not fair for the market.

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 05-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I think there should be a clear policy that doesn't allow people from selling separately the parts that were originally in the package, for instance, I can see people that sold their HD300 without the breakout cable and other people looking to buy one, why? What are you going to do with your breakout cable once you sold your HD300? The breakout cable is integral part of the extender and has no use elsewhere, hence it shouldn't be possible to sell it separately.

In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed to sell separately what wasn't possible to buy before as accessory because is not fair for the buyer and not correct for the seller.

Of course if you have purchased an extra remote or the IR external cable then you should be allowed to selling it, otherwise I think is not fair for the market.
I don't believe it's a matter of people intentionally not including the breakout cable when they sell their HD300, I think it is more that they may have thrown away or lost track of the breakout cable, because they did not initially need it and did not think they would ever be migrating away from SageTV.

Following your logic, someone who has lost their breakout cable would not be allowed to sell their HD300, which hardly seems fair. My opinion is let the buyer beware; make sure you understand what is and is not included in the deal before you complete the deal.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I don't believe it's a matter of people intentionally not including the breakout cable when they sell their HD300, I think it is more that they may have thrown away or lost track of the breakout cable, because they did not initially need it and did not think they would ever be migrating away from SageTV.
I'm not saying that is intentional, but throwing away an integral part of a kit because you're not using it at the moment, is like you're buying a bicycle and remove the brakes because you normally use your feet to stop

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard