SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

Darci and Brian - Sorry i was MIA for a few days. I have been at a work conference/evening activities and had limited access to email and my laptop(s). Conf is over now and ill be working on stuff again over the weekend.

Hopefully we can get Darci squared away and get a first "release" out the door
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

No worries, figured real life was interfering with the important stuff
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 01-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Sage Icon

Cool -

Any luck getting things up an running or are you still running into the same issues as before?

Can you email me again, or forward me the email you originally sent explaining your problem? problem with scanner agent that is ;-) not any other problems :-D
Old 01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jailbroken ATV2 with Plex installed

I just wanted to say that I am interested to see this project moving along. BTW, I have not installed anything from you guys what I am seeing right now is just using plex and a regular sagetv install with SxxExx naming turned on.

I have a jailbroken Apple TV 2 and had been using XBMC to play music. I also have always been telling people that the ATV2 won't work as an extender for SageTV because of no hardware decoding for mpeg2 recordings. Well, I installed plex on the ATV2 this morning and the server software on my SageTV server and sure enough it found almost all of my recordings and so far, because of the transcoding, all of my recordings from my HDHomeRun will play on the ATV2! My server is an older dual core Athlon pc and seems to keep up just fine. I'll have to keep trying to break it.
The playback quality looks pretty good.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Cool -

Any luck getting things up an running or are you still running into the same issues as before?

Can you email me again, or forward me the email you originally sent explaining your problem? problem with scanner agent that is ;-) not any other problems :-D
No luck, sent you a fresh email summarizing my setup, the scanner issue, and all three log files. Have fun

(And thanks!!)
Old 01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
... metadata from bmt being pulled ...
Do you HAVE to have BMT data??? Can it just use the SageTV data, or the .properties data? Just asking
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Do you HAVE to have BMT data??? Can it just use the SageTV data, or the .properties data? Just asking
u have to have sagex.. don't think you have to have BMT data necessarily just data in general that can be accessed by the sagex apis.

Also - Brian built in the ability to grab data out of the properties files, so if those are present for your recordings it will grab as much info out of there as it can.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

So, when do you plan on releasing a version, or am I missing something at the Google site?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
So, when do you plan on releasing a version, or am I missing something at the Google site?
Just talked to Brian, and we are shooting for tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Sage Icon

****First official code release****

****First Release*****

The first set of zip files has been placed on the google code site. We currently don't have support for movies, but that will be coming shortly. What does work is

SageTV Scanner - Scan your sagetv recordings directories (files named as sage wants to name them)
Bmt Agent - obtain Metadata info from BMT/properties file, Fanart art locations and files from BMT.
(all the other things i listed out a few posts back that were working..sorry im being lazy and don't want to list them all out again.

Thanks to Darci we have a great install guide on how to get yourself up an running. The install steps are a little different per platform, so if you are not running your plex media server on windows, im not 100% sure Darci's guides will help you. I haven't been able to deep dive into the guides just yet.
If running on linux or mac please post here and i will answer your questions on how to install/get working.

Any issues that arise you can feel free to post here, and/or pm me, but always include
BMTAgent.log file
and
Plex Media Scanner.log

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-...downloads/list

Thanks again to Darci for the guides and testing help
Thanks to Brian for all his hard work getting the BMTAgent up to snuff.

Brian and I will be continueing development to get additional features up and running as well as providing support...just don't forget the log files.

enjoy

EDIT

I felt bad for being lazy :-) so here is the list of what is possible

1) Custom SageTV Scanner (This will scan all sage files and put them into a container the agents can recognize)
2) A working agent named SageTV BMT Agent.
3) all avaialbe metadata from sage into plex
4) posters and fanart
5) TV recordings and currently recording
6) Watched/Unwatched Status
7) All clients that can connect to plex will play sage recordings! and see sage metadata

i think thats all..Brian feal free to chime in if i missed anything

** Also feel free to log issues on the google code site, and contact any of us over there.

Last edited by PiX64; 01-28-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

I'm still working on the guide but most if not all the install instructions are there. I believe I have found the correct folders for installing on OS X, W7, and Vista; not so sure about Linux though so if you have PMS installed on Linux, please give me a shout

If you've played with PMS at all before this, then the last part of the guide that's missing won't be a hindrance; if you haven't then it all be in place by Sunday morning. Thanks for your patience!

And super duper thanks go to Michael and Brian for all their great work on this!!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Sage User

Only Single Episodes

Guys, thank you much for this work! I set it up tonight. The main issue I'm having is that it has imported one episode of each show even for those with multiple episodes recorded. Any thoughts?

Thanks again - Great work!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagestuff View Post
Guys, thank you much for this work! I set it up tonight. The main issue I'm having is that it has imported one episode of each show even for those with multiple episodes recorded. Any thoughts?

Thanks again - Great work!
Please provide logs. Snds like a scanner issue. Do u have bmt setup? Sagex installed? Do u have the Plex.js file on your server? Is any metadata showing. Up?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

i am attempting the linux install...

figured i would drop a note. it appears that the agent is working fine, i see the sagex logs serving up the requested information to the BMT agent, but the scanner is running into a problem (looks like the json piece):

Jan 29, 2012 12:20:24 [0x7f33da998740] ERROR - Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 151, in Scan
mf = getMediaFileForFilePath(urllib.quote(file + ext))
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 86, in getMediaFileForFilePath
return executeSagexAPICall(url, 'MediaFile')
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 97, in executeSagexAPICall
resp = unicodeToStr(json.JSONDecoder().decode(fileData))
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/decoder.py", line 402, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/decoder.py", line 418, in raw_decode
obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/scanner.py", line 71, in scan_once
return _scan_once(string, idx)
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/scanner.py", line 42, in _scan_once
_scan_once, object_hook, object_pairs_hook, memo)
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/decoder.py", line 230, in JSONObject
value, end = scan_once(s, end)
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/scanner.py", line 42, in _scan_once
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/decoder.py", line 230, in JSONObject
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/S

not sure where to go from here, something with the way it's trying to use the javascript/json (maybe) portion is causing difficulty. thanks again for the hard work and i would appreciate any thoughts you may have. i can provide other logs etc as well.

thx

/jer

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 w/ SageTV Server Linux V9.1.8.774 - Ubuntu 16.04LTS AMD64
-- 1x HDHomeRun Prime
-- 1x HDHR-DT
-- 1x HD-PVR
2x SageTV HD-300 Media Extenders
1x NVIDIA ShieldTV
Old 01-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoop View Post
figured i would drop a note. it appears that the agent is working fine, i see the sagex logs serving up the requested information to the BMT agent, but the scanner is running into a problem (looks like the json piece):

Jan 29, 2012 12:20:24 [0x7f33da998740] ERROR - Error in Python: Running scanner:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 151, in Scan
mf = getMediaFileForFilePath(urllib.quote(file + ext))
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 86, in getMediaFileForFilePath
return executeSagexAPICall(url, 'MediaFile')
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/SageTV Scanner.py", line 97, in executeSagexAPICall
resp = unicodeToStr(json.JSONDecoder().decode(fileData))
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/decoder.py", line 402, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/decoder.py", line 418, in raw_decode
obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Scanners/Series/simplejson/scanner.py", line 71, in scan_once
return _scan_once(string, idx)
File "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/S

not sure where to go from here, something with the way it's trying to use the javascript/json (maybe) portion is causing difficulty. thanks again for the hard work and i would appreciate any thoughts you may have. i can provide other logs etc as well.

thx

/jer
if you are getting errors in the scanner then its not likely the agent is getting called at all.

Please attach your entire PlexMediaScanner log as well as the bmtagent.log if one exists.

A few things to check
1) is bmt installed
2) are you able to hit the url http://x.x.x.xort/sagex/api
3) does your bmt require a username and password
4) did you correctly specify your sage username, password, ip address, etc in the properties file of teh bmtagent.bundle
5) did you correctly change the line of code in the SageTVScanner.py file which points to your sage server
6) did you place the plex.js file in the correct place on your sage server

~Mike
Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Sage User

Quote:
if you are getting errors in the scanner then its not likely the agent is getting called at all.

Please attach your entire PlexMediaScanner log as well as the bmtagent.log if one exists.

A few things to check
1) is bmt installed - YES
2) are you able to hit the url http://x.x.x.xort/sagex/api - YES
3) does your bmt require a username and password - YES, hit link above and was able to login.
4) did you correctly specify your sage username, password, ip address, etc in the properties file of the bmtagent.bundle - YES, just double checked
5) did you correctly change the line of code in the SageTVScanner.py file which points to your sage server - YES, just double checked
6) did you place the plex.js file in the correct place on your sage server - YES, just double checked. Located in SageTV\SageTV\sagex\services

~Mike
Quote:
Please provide logs. Snds like a scanner issue. Do u have bmt setup? Sagex installed? Do u have the Plex.js file on your server? Is any metadata showing. Up?
- Some of the metadata is showing. I do not have cover art and when I click on each show, the episode is listed as "special" and then inside the "special" folder there is always only one episode that was imported that I can play.

Answered questions above. I am able to select the SageTV Scanner & SageTV BMT Agent in PMS for the SageTV Recordings Section. Will get logs posted.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Sage User

YES to all of the questions. Some metadata is showing up but no cover art. Select the TV Show then is goes to a blank folder named "Special". Inside that folder appears one episode with accurate metadata and the show can be played.

LINK TO LOGS ->https://docs.google.com/open?id=0ByQ...EwOTA4Zjc4NWY3

Sorry if this is a duplicate post! Thanks again for your help!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

The plugin appears to work great. I had not problems getting this to work.

Mine is a Windows7-64 setup with the Plex Server running on a different machine than the SageTV server. From a Plugin perspective everything seems to be working.

I am just running Plex on a windows7 HTPC for now. I did notice in playing around with this today that I have a bad Audio sync issue with HD-PVR recordings right now. This also occurs with the Eden release of XBMC. OTA HD MPEG2 and my h264 Movie rips work fine, it is just the HD-PVR files with problems. I would be interested if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Also: Is there a extender that will run Plex that will play both the HD-PVR files and the OTA MPEG2 files right now. I was interested in something that would run Plex but it appears the ATV2 will not play the MPEG2 files correctly. I don't want to buy anything that will not work for both.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
The plugin appears to work great. I had not problems getting this to work.

Mine is a Windows7-64 setup with the Plex Server running on a different machine than the SageTV server. From a Plugin perspective everything seems to be working.

I am just running Plex on a windows7 HTPC for now. I did notice in playing around with this today that I have a bad Audio sync issue with HD-PVR recordings right now. This also occurs with the Eden release of XBMC. OTA HD MPEG2 and my h264 Movie rips work fine, it is just the HD-PVR files with problems. I would be interested if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Also: Is there a extender that will run Plex that will play both the HD-PVR files and the OTA MPEG2 files right now. I was interested in something that would run Plex but it appears the ATV2 will not play the MPEG2 files correctly. I don't want to buy anything that will not work for both.
awesome glad tohear it

my roku2 sd plays bluray and ota 1080i hd mpeg2 perrrfecctly fine when connectd to lan...

any pc client runnin plex will work as well. whn i had an atv2 that did all recordings fine, but struggled with bluray
Old 01-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Here's the thing about Plex / Plex clients.

If the Plex client can play the format natively, it will. If it can't, then I believe the Plex Media Server will try to transcode on the fly -- how well that works depends on the horsepower of the server.

I have found that both my Windows boxes (Intel Core Duo/W7 and AMD Quad/Vista, both with nvidia graphics) will play my HD-PVR/1080i recordings with hardware acceleration enabled in Plex. I've also been able to get pretty good playback to my iOS devices and to a new Roku 2 XS box from a new i7 (my husband's new monster box ) running PMS.

Someone else posted that they got OTA/mpg files to play on their ATV but I believe it was because the server was powerful enough to transcode for smooth playback.

Hope this helps...