SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage User

I LOVE SMM as well. However, since I can not seem to get the rollback to earlier Java to work I am stuck with using the plain old folder view to manage my movies....

Plukyhd, are you possibly working on a solution to get this working with the latest versions of Java? Hope you are still supportint his fantistic plugin.

Thx!
Win 7 Pro 64bit, Intel i5 processor, 12Gb DDR3 RAM, Galaxy 460 768MB (nvidia), SageTV v7.x on single server, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Comcast DCH 3200, 2-HD300s as extenders wired cat 5 & HDMI out, Netgear WNDR3700 router, Integra DHC-40.2 at main theater.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkelley929 View Post
I LOVE SMM as well. However, since I can not seem to get the rollback to earlier Java to work I am stuck with using the plain old folder view to manage my movies....

Plukyhd, are you possibly working on a solution to get this working with the latest versions of Java? Hope you are still supportint his fantistic plugin.

Thx!
Hi,

In what way can you not get the rollback to work? If you give some details I'll try to help.

For me I just closed down any programs that use Java. That means all Sage programs. Even the Comskip monitor.

Then uninstall Java from control panel. And after that install the earlier version from the link posted at the start of this thread.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help Please

I am also getting Java error messages after downgrading from 6-30 to 6-26 to get SMM to work on a client. I uninstalled via Control Panel, ran JavaRa,restarted and installed Kernel version from the link with same results. Any help would be most appreciated.

EDIT - I was able to resolve my issue in a roundabout way; maybe this fix will help others with issues. First, follow the same steps as I detailed above. Next, I grabbed the Java folders within App Data and Program Files from another computer running 6-26 and placed them in the client computer replacing the original Java folders after the installation and all should work again. There are certainly some files that could not be replaced during the installation for some reason, but I did not bother investigating. Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by RetroBox; 01-31-2012 at 05:16 PM.