SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
  • New Action Type to Launch Specific File Browser Views
    • actions available for Local, Network, Server, Imports and Recording Directories
  • Updated ADM Copy
    • now recognizes File Browser Views
    • will allow copy of custom Plugin Menu items that launch a Dialog Menu such as the "Restart Sage from Setup Menu" Plugin
  • Other minor fixes

Please refer to the ADM Wiki for more information and how to use ADM

Thanks to those that helped with testing this release.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

k
wow.........exactly what i'd been hoping for........having this in sage menu is going to slow the onset of my future "remote clicking-induced arthritis" by at least two full years

Old 07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

jusjoken,

The latest version appears to have broken the "Recipe/text file viewer" plugin. It worked before with "Main menu copy". I copied the menu item "Recipes" (or whatever it said) before and was able to paste it into the ADM menu, and it worked (opened a page showing the text files I had in the assigned folder).

When I updated the plugin, it became a dead link, so I tried re-copying it (same method). It copy/pastes, but now it the item created acts like a "parent" - I can't click on it, I have to move right, and it opens a blank next-level (in other words, I have the link pasted on the second level/middle column, and when I right-over, it opens up the third level/right column, but there is nothing in it).

Can you check it out and see if I am missing something, or whether that plugin just doesn't work?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
jusjoken,

The latest version appears to have broken the "Recipe/text file viewer" plugin. It worked before with "Main menu copy". I copied the menu item "Recipes" (or whatever it said) before and was able to paste it into the ADM menu, and it worked (opened a page showing the text files I had in the assigned folder).

When I updated the plugin, it became a dead link, so I tried re-copying it (same method). It copy/pastes, but now it the item created acts like a "parent" - I can't click on it, I have to move right, and it opens a blank next-level (in other words, I have the link pasted on the second level/middle column, and when I right-over, it opens up the third level/right column, but there is nothing in it).

Can you check it out and see if I am missing something, or whether that plugin just doesn't work?
Yes... I broke the copy for items that use a direct Menu Widget... thanks for finding this.... it will be fixed in the next version.

Until it is released you can edit the menu item (or create one) and set the Action Type to "Widget By Symbol" and type in NKTHQ-1 as the widget Symbol and you should be good to go.

Let me know if you have any problems.

k
Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am quite willing to add this but I need more information from someone who wants this functionality to fully describe what it is they want this to do. What are your expectations when the menu item is selected? I assume this should only work on a Windows PC client (as I have no idea how to launch an app for Linux but willing to try with help) and not do anything on an Extender. Does SageTV then wait for the app to exit or should this be configurable? Should the app launch full screen, windowed, minimized etc. Anything else you can think of... and are you will to test it out if I get it working?

k
Beta is working good. Able to launch games etc...

Sample Screen Attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Launchapp.jpg (100.6 KB, 211 views)
Old 07-28-2011, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 0.38 (0.381) - released July 28 2011

• New Action Type to Launch an External Application
  • Fixed copy of Menu Items that used a Menu Widget (like the Recipe Viewer)

Please refer to the ADM Wiki for more information and how to use ADM

Thanks to those that helped with testing this release.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

k
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks!

Just wanted to say, "Thanks" for this. I finally have my Kid TV and Kid Movies menu items back (been gone since the v7 upgrade)!!

Plus it works great on my Linux server.

great job.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, ADM looks great. I'll be sure and give it a shot this weekend!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Jusjoken,

I've always been a minimalist with plugins but this is definitely turning into a must have. I just worked out the new feature to launch an external app and it works like a charm.

Nice work!

Jeremy

Last edited by jorton; 07-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Sage Icon

jusjoken,

When I posted this, I never imagined it would take 13 months, but I hereby crown thee "king". http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=58

Well done, my man, well done.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

jusjoken

Love this just like everyone else does. I have a question on how to modify the top level playon menu. Before I was able to click on playon and it would take me to the playon menu that has my play addins listed. But all I can do now is go right to bring up the menu items then I have to go down to the other playon option and click on that to bring up the list. I can't figure out what widget menu I would need to put in the top level choice, as I couldn't find it listed anywhere.

hope I explained this well.

mike
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

I am not sure if this an ADM problem..... If I add too many Items it Doesn't scroll it just keeps making the Menu font smaller and smaller. Is there a way to Scroll and maintain the font size?

Edit
This Appears to be a default theme problem. I noticed my Setup has 12 Items but only 11 Show on the screen. Using Diamond STV it scrolls fine

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-29-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzup View Post
jusjoken

Love this just like everyone else does. I have a question on how to modify the top level playon menu. Before I was able to click on playon and it would take me to the playon menu that has my play addins listed. But all I can do now is go right to bring up the menu items then I have to go down to the other playon option and click on that to bring up the list. I can't figure out what widget menu I would need to put in the top level choice, as I couldn't find it listed anywhere.

hope I explained this well.

mike
I assume you are using a plugin for PlayOn (I don't use it so I am guessing) so the best approach is to use the ADM Copy Mode as described in the Wiki. If you Copy the PlayOn menu item it should provide you the SubMenu and the correct Action.

By what you are describing you likely have the SubMenu set correctly you just need the correct Action (Widget Symbol likey) so the Copy Mode is the best way to determine that.

If that does not make sense or does not work then let me know and I will install the Plugin and figure out what's wrong.

k
Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
jusjoken,

I am not sure if this an ADM problem..... If I add too many Items it Doesn't scroll it just keeps making the Menu font smaller and smaller. Is there a way to Scroll and maintain the font size?

Edit
This Appears to be a default theme problem. I noticed my Setup has 12 Items but only 11 Show on the screen. Using Diamond STV it scrolls fine
I have been waiting for this request to surface .

As I use default menus built into SageTV which do not scroll (as you can't add menu items) then you get the behavior you are seeing.

Diamond does modify the menu behavior to scroll as it adds menu items so this was required.

Obviously I will need to deal with this in a future release so stay tuned (and keep your menus shorter )

k
Old 07-29-2011, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have been waiting for this request to surface .

As I use default menus built into SageTV which do not scroll (as you can't add menu items) then you get the behavior you are seeing.

Diamond does modify the menu behavior to scroll as it adds menu items so this was required.

Obviously I will need to deal with this in a future release so stay tuned (and keep your menus shorter )

k
Yeah I was adding some emulator games .... then OOPS we have a problem. I just switched to Diamond... that took care of that.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Certainly... this needs to be a feature but I need to determine how it should be implemented... suggestions welcome!

For example... should this be tied to Parental Controls somehow? Or, should it use the new Permissions functions in Sage (introduced in 7.1) Or, should it be a new solution and if so how do you see it operating (what did the old solution do and what could ADM do similar or better?).

k
The next release will have a feature to Hide Menu items based on the Sage User Profile (new feature added in SageTV 7.1.x)... so if you want to use this feature you will need to brush up on how this Sage feature works.... but I will also add a Wiki section to describe the steps.

Basically there will be 2 changes...

(1) A User Profile will need "Change UI Configuration Options" permission to be able to launch or change ANYTHING within ADM Manager. By default the Administrator Profile which always exists has this.

(2) Any Menu Item can then have it's Show Menu Item set to "User Based" and you can then list Sage User Profile(s) that are NOT ALLOWED to use this menu item.

Coming soon !

k
Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I assume you are using a plugin for PlayOn (I don't use it so I am guessing) so the best approach is to use the ADM Copy Mode as described in the Wiki. If you Copy the PlayOn menu item it should provide you the SubMenu and the correct Action.

By what you are describing you likely have the SubMenu set correctly you just need the correct Action (Widget Symbol likey) so the Copy Mode is the best way to determine that.

If that does not make sense or does not work then let me know and I will install the Plugin and figure out what's wrong.

k
Sorry I wasn't as clear. Yes it is the playon plugin and I did do the adm copy of the top level playon menu and the submenus copied fine. It's just the default action when you press enter on the top level playon menu it act as if it startrs to load but then comes up with error that external feed is empty. This is something from the addin that can happen if it cannot find the feeds. Yet if I disable ADM then it will work fine. Could just be a combination of ADM and the Playon plugin not jiving. It's no biggie but just pointed it out in case there was something easy I could do to fix.

thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzup View Post
Sorry I wasn't as clear. Yes it is the playon plugin and I did do the adm copy of the top level playon menu and the submenus copied fine. It's just the default action when you press enter on the top level playon menu it act as if it startrs to load but then comes up with error that external feed is empty. This is something from the addin that can happen if it cannot find the feeds. Yet if I disable ADM then it will work fine. Could just be a combination of ADM and the Playon plugin not jiving. It's no biggie but just pointed it out in case there was something easy I could do to fix.

thanks
Do the rest of the menu/submenu actions work properly? I installed the plugin but as I have not setup the service etc it doesn't work for me with ADM enabled or disabled. Perhaps after EP plays with ADM he can suggest what I might need to do differently as it looks like it is setting up properly... but obviously it is not.

k
Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Unhappy Help! Lost all my main menu items

jusjoken, I really need your help.

I just snowballed myself into a mess really quickly. I had selected "Load Default Menus" thinking I would get all the menus I had before ADM installed (including submenu items inserted by plugins). To my surprise, it reverted back to the default STV menu items; ignoring all my plugin menu entries such as "Upcoming Movies", "Slimplayer", etc.

In order to restore my plugin menu items, first thing I tried was to uninstall ADM plugin and reinstall it, but I still saw the same menus I had without my other plugin menu items.

Second thing I tried was to uninstall and reinstall my plugins; thinking they will re-insert their menu items back. That didnt work either.

As a last resort, I decided to uninstall ADM, close sageTV client and sageTV service, remove all ADM entries in my client.properties file and delete any files that started with ADM*.* in my sageTV program folder.

Now, when I install ADM, I have no Main Menu items unless I disable ADM either through the SageTV plugin manager or via ADM settings.

Could you please help me to restore ADM back to it's original configuration? I just want to see all my main menu items with my plugins listed AND have ADM enabled as well. It doesnt look like uninstalling the ADM plugin and reinstalling it put it back to the original menus before ADM was first installed.

This is what my main menus look like now with ADM enabled:

Thanks for your help to reset ADM.

-MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Sage Icon

Hey MKANET,

Sounds like you need a full reset have you tried this,

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-adm/...l_ADM_Settings

Jeremy
Old 07-29-2011, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Jeremy, I already did that. However, the good news is I think I found the real problem. It looks like jusjokenADMAPI is not listed in plugin manager anymore; hence, ADMAPI_0.381.zip and the jar file dependency didnt get installed. I manually downloaded the file using the url mentioned in SageTVPlugins.xml and manually added the JAR file back.

I know that the JAR file was installed originally. But, for whatever reason, after I deleted it manually, the dependency plugin doesnt show up in SageTV plugin manager; even though it's mentioned in SageTVPlugins.xml.

Is there any way to get jusjokenADMAPI to reappear in my plugin manager?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Hey MKANET,

Sounds like you need a full reset have you tried this,

http://code.google.com/p/sagetv-adm/...l_ADM_Settings

Jeremy

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 07-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.