SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.36 (0.367) - released July 23 2011

• Updated ADM Copy
    • now recognizes Sage TV Recordings Views (4 standard plus up to 4 custom)
    • handles Combined and Separate Video Folder views
  • New Action Type to Launch Specific TV Recordings View
    • works for Standard SageTV as well as Diamond TV Views
  • New Action Type to Launch Default and Custom Diamond Flows (if using Diamond)
  • New ADM Background Manager
    • graphically select a Background for any Menu Item on any Level
    • add your own Custom Backgrounds and associate them to any Menu Item
  • Update for Video Folder Browser
    • improved support for Linux systems
    • handles Combined and Separate Video Folder views
  • Fix for Clients/Extenders having their own Menu Settings
  • Major refactoring of base code
  • Other minor fixes

Please refer to the ADM Wiki for more information and how to use ADM

Thanks to those that helped with testing this release.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

k
Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

If I enable ADM all I get is a blank menu... Nothing on it. Even If I load menu defaults... If I disable ADM I then get the menu. Nothing appears to be working not even copy mode.

Edit Found the problem... a previous STVI was loaded manually so it was loading SageTV7-1 and I guess ADM updates the default.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-23-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

I must say you outdid yourself.. Thanks for doing this.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
If I enable ADM all I get is a blank menu... Nothing on it. Even If I load menu defaults... If I disable ADM I then get the menu. Nothing appears to be working not even copy mode.

Edit Found the problem... a previous STVI was loaded manually so it was loading SageTV7-1 and I guess ADM updates the default.

Hmmm. Might have been something particular with that STVi.
I use a modified STV (uses Diamond but puts Row Numbers on the Lists, does not put a "Group" for Single items, etc) and it had no problem with ADM.

As a test, you might install ADM using the SageTV7.xml, THEN add the STVi. See if that makes a difference.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Hmmm. Might have been something particular with that STVi.
I use a modified STV (uses Diamond but puts Row Numbers on the Lists, does not put a "Group" for Single items, etc) and it had no problem with ADM.

As a test, you might install ADM using the SageTV7.xml, THEN add the STVi. See if that makes a difference.
Thanks that worked.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

'Restart Sage from Setup Menu' Plugin - my testing

Tried the COPY method but did not get anything for Action Type.

I tried changing to use specific Widget and tried both BBJDL-207 [Restart SageTV] and BBJDL-216 [ConfirmPanel] without luck but did get it to work if I set it to BBJDL-208 [IsSageTVServerEnabled()] but then you do not get the confirmation screen. It will just do the Restart.

FYI - this testing was with Sage in non-service mode

crosspost from here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...64&postcount=8
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Tried the COPY method but did not get anything for Action Type.

I tried changing to use specific Widget and tried both BBJDL-207 [Restart SageTV] and BBJDL-216 [ConfirmPanel] without luck but did get it to work if I set it to BBJDL-208 [IsSageTVServerEnabled()] but then you do not get the confirmation screen. It will just do the Restart.

FYI - this testing was with Sage in non-service mode

crosspost from here http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...64&postcount=8
If you use BBJDL-215 it will work. I will adjust the next version so the copy will also recognize an Options Menu Widget as something that can be "launched".

k
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Sage Icon

Works like a charm. Thanks.

Keeps getting better and better.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Works like a charm. Thanks.

Keeps getting better and better.
It was also a quik fix so the code is updated for the next version.... just need to figure out what else I am going to add

k
Old 07-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
It was also a quik fix so the code is updated for the next version.... just need to figure out what else I am going to add

k
File Browser to specific location.

Yes, patience, understand you said it is complex. But have full confidence that you'll be able to do it. Realize it might be a few releases away.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
File Browser to specific location.

Yes, patience, understand you said it is complex. But have full confidence that you'll be able to do it. Realize it might be a few releases away.
+1
Old 07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Coming soon with 0.37 - Browse File System - specific directories

Attached Images
File Type: jpg adm5.jpg (53.0 KB, 436 views)
Old 07-26-2011, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

ADM Version 0.37 (0.371) - released July 26 2011

• New Action Type to Launch Specific File Browser Views
    • actions available for Local, Network, Server, Imports and Recording Directories
  • Updated ADM Copy
    • now recognizes File Browser Views
    • will allow copy of custom Plugin Menu items that launch a Dialog Menu such as the "Restart Sage from Setup Menu" Plugin
  • Other minor fixes

Please refer to the ADM Wiki for more information and how to use ADM

Thanks to those that helped with testing this release.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

k
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

I am not sure if this is possible for a future release the ability to add an Item to launch an external program. For ex: gameex.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
jusjoken,

I am not sure if this is possible for a future release the ability to add an Item to launch an external program. For ex: gameex.
I am quite willing to add this but I need more information from someone who wants this functionality to fully describe what it is they want this to do. What are your expectations when the menu item is selected? I assume this should only work on a Windows PC client (as I have no idea how to launch an app for Linux but willing to try with help) and not do anything on an Extender. Does SageTV then wait for the app to exit or should this be configurable? Should the app launch full screen, windowed, minimized etc. Anything else you can think of... and are you will to test it out if I get it working?

k
Old 07-26-2011, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

jusjoken,

I play some games on my clients also quests like to. I would like to add a menu Item say Games.. and Under that be able to launch a game sleep sage to tray (I do not run the Sage Screensaver) and once I exit the game wake up Sage.

for examples.

Games Menu .... under this I would add games.

Angry Birds .... By selecting this Item would put sage to sleep and execute c:\games\angrybirds.exe upon close would wake up sage... Same would apply to Items below.

Tetris
Mario Bros

I was able to do this with Sage 6 see this post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=180.

Maybe this will help not sure but it won't hurt
Code:
 <subMenuItem title="Games">
        <menu title="Games">
            <subMenuItem title="Genisis">
                <menu title="Genisis">
                    <actionMenuItem icon="E:\emulators\roms\Sega Genesis\3 Ninjas Kick Back (U).jpg" title="3 Ninjas Kick Back (U)">
                        <confirmPrompt>Play - 3 Ninjas Kick Back (U) ?</confirmPrompt>
                        <actionList>
                            <sageCommand command="Disable Full Screen"/>
                            <sageCommand command="Power Off"/>
                            <extCommand arguments="-gen &quot;E:\emulators\roms\Sega Genesis\3 Ninjas Kick Back (U).zip&quot; " command="E:\emulators\fusion\Fusion.exe" waitforexit="1" window="normal"/>
                            <sageCommand command="Power On"/>
                            <sageCommand command="Restore Full Screen"/>
                        </actionList>
                    </actionMenuItem>
                    <!--
Yes I am willing to test.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-26-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

access to video folders

JusJoken, love the dynamic menu, this allowed me to convert from Sage 6.6 to Sage 7. One of the things that my wife and I liked from SageMC Dynamic menus was password protection for folders to keep the kids from viewing the "grown up" movies. Could you add this as a future function.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler View Post
JusJoken, love the dynamic menu, this allowed me to convert from Sage 6.6 to Sage 7. One of the things that my wife and I liked from SageMC Dynamic menus was password protection for folders to keep the kids from viewing the "grown up" movies. Could you add this as a future function.

Thanks.
Certainly... this needs to be a feature but I need to determine how it should be implemented... suggestions welcome!

For example... should this be tied to Parental Controls somehow? Or, should it use the new Permissions functions in Sage (introduced in 7.1) Or, should it be a new solution and if so how do you see it operating (what did the old solution do and what could ADM do similar or better?).

k
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I can't say for Sage 7.1 b/c I just loaded it over the weekend and have not had time to play with it. But SageMC dynamic menu allowed for a separate folder to be establisched. For example, in the main menu, I had a DVD/blu-ray folder (password needed) to view folder contents, Kids Movies (no password needed), and Kids TV shows (no password needed). Our main movies were in the DVD/Blu-ray folder and we would input a password to access that folder and view its contents.

I was hoping a similar password could be implemented, or if you have a better idea that would be great.

Thanks again!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Certainly... this needs to be a feature but I need to determine how it should be implemented... suggestions welcome!

For example... should this be tied to Parental Controls somehow? Or, should it use the new Permissions functions in Sage (introduced in 7.1) Or, should it be a new solution and if so how do you see it operating (what did the old solution do and what could ADM do similar or better?).

k
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler View Post
Well I can't say for Sage 7.1 b/c I just loaded it over the weekend and have not had time to play with it. But SageMC dynamic menu allowed for a separate folder to be establisched. For example, in the main menu, I had a DVD/blu-ray folder (password needed) to view folder contents, Kids Movies (no password needed), and Kids TV shows (no password needed). Our main movies were in the DVD/Blu-ray folder and we would input a password to access that folder and view its contents.

I was hoping a similar password could be implemented, or if you have a better idea that would be great.

Thanks again!
And maybe a lot of people have overlooked the Permissions feature that was recently added to the core. Maybe it makes more sense to see how it works and does it meets people's needs and tie into that instead of reinventing the wheel.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.