SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Yes, exactly as you surmise.

I definitely would recommend printing (or having it open in a window) the section on the copy mode. Easy to follow, but might not be totally intuitive without at least reading the wiki section on it first.

Put several items on the Top level that my wife uses a lot and complains about number of button hits to get to (program guide, recording schedule, etc) and hide those items that we don't use (music, photos, online, etc)

ADM + Diamond (for the Movies section) make a wonderful combo.
Glad you like it... next release will allow better Diamond integration including adding Menu Items for each of the Default and Custom Diamond Flows as well as the TV Recording menu items. Soon soon .....

k
Old 07-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Sage Icon

Am I understanding right?

You are working on enhancement so we would be able to bring the 3rd Lvl TV Recording Views to 2nd Lvl? Or even Top Lvl for the view used the most?

That would be AWESOME.

In my playing around using the Copy Mode to bring the 3rd Lvl TV Recordings View(s) to 2nd Lvl hasn't worked so far. No matter which view I was choosing, it was using the Filtering of whatever was last used on the regular/normal 3rd Lvl View.

WAF would go thru the ROOF if I could put the Recording View she uses the most to the Top Level.

Might even change her hesitation about going V7 on the Prod box to "You don't have it there yet?"

Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

You are working on enhancement so we would be able to bring the 3rd Lvl TV Recording Views to 2nd Lvl? Or even Top Lvl for the view used the most?

That would be AWESOME.
+111
Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

Installed last night. I second the

Great job! Super easy to use. After one time doing a copy while reading the wiki, it was easy to do from memory from then onward.

Only comments that I have:
1) I'm anxious for the "custom background pictures", as you have on your to-do list. Our rearrangement of the menus created a "Media" top-level item, with Photos and Music (amongst other things) as submenu items. So we assign a photo to "Media" (I used the "Video" pic) and that picture applies for all the sub-items, and the "photo" and "music" pictures go unused. I also put "TV Guide" on the top level, but I'm kinda stuck with using the "TV" background. As we have ours now, we have like 6 top-level items, but only use three pictures. I realize, since I am not using "Music" and "Photos" (and others, like "Exit") pictures, I *could* "fudge" that by replacing the files on the server - for example, a pic that I want as a background for "Media", I could just save as the "MusicBackground" picture and assign it to "Media", and no one would know any better (since Music doesn't get it's own picture on the second level). But if you are anywhere close to getting the background picture customization thing fixed, I'll wait.

2) As (coincidentally) discussed above, I would love a "Recordings" view item on the top level. I didn't see how to get "scheduled recordings" on the top level but it sounds like graywolf managed, so I'll try that again. I did add "TV Guide". If I get those three on the top level, I'd delete "TV" entirely. I'd love to be able to put "TV" on the second level (under another Parent) but I suspect, since it has two levels below it, that won't ever be possible (since v7 only offers three levels).

I have to say, while Phoenix and Diamond have cool looks and features, and Ortus apparently will, ADM's functionality alone is what I have been most waiting for since installing v7. Thanks!!!
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Installed last night. I second the

Great job! Super easy to use. After one time doing a copy while reading the wiki, it was easy to do from memory from then onward.

2) As (coincidentally) discussed above, I would love a "Recordings" view item on the top level. I didn't see how to get "scheduled recordings" on the top level but it sounds like graywolf managed, so I'll try that again. I did add "TV Guide". If I get those three on the top level, I'd delete "TV" entirely. I'd love to be able to put "TV" on the second level (under another Parent) but I suspect, since it has two levels below it, that won't ever be possible (since v7 only offers three levels).

I have to say, while Phoenix and Diamond have cool looks and features, and Ortus apparently will, ADM's functionality alone is what I have been most waiting for since installing v7. Thanks!!!
Agreed. Haven't needed to refer to wiki for Copy mode after doing it the first time.

Here are some ScreenShots of how I set up Scheduled Recordings, Program Guide, and Scan Media for Top Level.

I didn't do any deletes/changes to the existing definitions, I just created those as new then the originals I just changed Show to NO.

Agreed, looked at Phoenix (too much eye candy, different for WAF), Diamond (like it), but ADM is AWESOME. If ADM had been incompatible with Diamond, without a doubt I would have to pick ADM over Diamond.

Got a question. Did initial fooling around with Video Browser with specific Folder trying to get it like Browse File Systems to a particular location but haven't gotten it to work.

Maybe because it throws in a / at the end and the path of the import directory is on linux so it should be \\server\path\to\import\directory\ and it ends up being \\server\path\to\to\import\directory\/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProgramGuide.jpg (97.6 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg RecordinsSchedule.jpg (101.8 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg ScanImportedMedia.jpg (97.6 KB, 230 views)
Old 07-15-2011, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

That would be AWESOME.

In my playing around using the Copy Mode to bring the 3rd Lvl TV Recordings View(s) to 2nd Lvl hasn't worked so far. No matter which view I was choosing, it was using the Filtering of whatever was last used on the regular/normal 3rd Lvl View.

WAF would go thru the ROOF if I could put the Recording View she uses the most to the Top Level.

Might even change her hesitation about going V7 on the Prod box to "You don't have it there yet?"

ABSOLUTELY... I have it working but it is part of some other changes so you (and the Wife) will have to wait.... but not too long (next week I hope).

k
Old 07-15-2011, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Got a question. Did initial fooling around with Video Browser with specific Folder trying to get it like Browse File Systems to a particular location but haven't gotten it to work.

Maybe because it throws in a / at the end and the path of the import directory is on linux so it should be \\server\path\to\import\directory\ and it ends up being \\server\path\to\to\import\directory\/
Another Linux issue... you are correct that this is the issue. I will fix it in the next release so you can test it for me.

Have you tried using the copy for the Folder Browser too... does it also cause an issue? It probably does... so I will fix it too.

k
Old 07-15-2011, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Only comments that I have:
1) I'm anxious for the "custom background pictures", as you have on your to-do list. Our rearrangement of the menus created a "Media" top-level item, with Photos and Music (amongst other things) as submenu items. So we assign a photo to "Media" (I used the "Video" pic) and that picture applies for all the sub-items, and the "photo" and "music" pictures go unused. I also put "TV Guide" on the top level, but I'm kinda stuck with using the "TV" background. As we have ours now, we have like 6 top-level items, but only use three pictures. I realize, since I am not using "Music" and "Photos" (and others, like "Exit") pictures, I *could* "fudge" that by replacing the files on the server - for example, a pic that I want as a background for "Media", I could just save as the "MusicBackground" picture and assign it to "Media", and no one would know any better (since Music doesn't get it's own picture on the second level). But if you are anywhere close to getting the background picture customization thing fixed, I'll wait.

I will look at item 1 but it may be in the release after this next one if it is too complex... may not be but we will see.

Item 2 is already in the next release.

The ONLY limitation on which item goes on which level is if you use an internal Sage Submenu assigned to an item... these are limited as you are really still using the Sage Menu structure.

However, if you build a TV item under a Level 1 item (so TV would be on level 2) and then add menu items to it (which would be on the 3rd level) this will work... you just need to add each item manually and not use a built in Submenu.

Of course if those items are the Recordings on level 3 then you need to wait until the next release to make those menu items.

I hope that made sense.

Sample with TV on 2nd Level

k
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SampleTVSecondLevel-small.JPG (25.3 KB, 438 views)
Old 07-16-2011, 06:45 AM
Sage Icon

AWESOME AWESOME work.

You'll make me the Hero of the Household.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

Has this been tested (or is anyone having luck) on HD100s or HD200s? I am running it fine on my HD300 (where the customization was done and exported) and my server instance, but none of the customizations created via ADM on my older extenders work. They are just dead links - they show up in the menu structure but are not clickable (neither clicking nor "moving right" does anything). I created the custom menu on my HD300 and everything works fine - Top Level items which have standard Sage commands, Top Level items which link to folder views, and Top Level items which have submenu items that are either standard Sage commands, added plugin items, or custom folder views.

The only thing that works from the Top Level that was added via ADM via copy is the link to PlayOn - but it is in the exact same location when I disable ADM anyway, so that might have something to do with it (?).

I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to work, but I did not have to import the ADM menu on any other extender. When I created the ADM menu on the HD300 and exported it, the other extenders then had that menu structure. However, as above, all custom links (except PlayOn) don't work.
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you try unplugging the extenders and plugging them in again? I'm still testing this on a PC client.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Has this been tested (or is anyone having luck) on HD100s or HD200s? I am running it fine on my HD300 (where the customization was done and exported) and my server instance, but none of the customizations created via ADM on my older extenders work. They are just dead links - they show up in the menu structure but are not clickable (neither clicking nor "moving right" does anything). I created the custom menu on my HD300 and everything works fine - Top Level items which have standard Sage commands, Top Level items which link to folder views, and Top Level items which have submenu items that are either standard Sage commands, added plugin items, or custom folder views.

The only thing that works from the Top Level that was added via ADM via copy is the link to PlayOn - but it is in the exact same location when I disable ADM anyway, so that might have something to do with it (?).

I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to work, but I did not have to import the ADM menu on any other extender. When I created the ADM menu on the HD300 and exported it, the other extenders then had that menu structure. However, as above, all custom links (except PlayOn) don't work.
I will check this out. It wont be the export that is in use on the other extenders and that is in a separate file and would need to be imported. However, the "current" menu is saved in the client properties file so if the extenders are sharing the some client properties file then perhaps that's the issue.

I need to test this between multiple extenders (which I have) but they are all HD300's.

I will let you know what I find.

k
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I will check this out. It wont be the export that is in use on the other extenders and that is in a separate file and would need to be imported. However, the "current" menu is saved in the client properties file so if the extenders are sharing the some client properties file then perhaps that's the issue.

I need to test this between multiple extenders (which I have) but they are all HD300's.

I will let you know what I find.

k
I have worked out the issue regarding where the current menus are stored. I will have the fix in the next release and until then all extenders from the same server will share the same menus. You can Enable or Disable ADM individually per extender but not have different menus... until the next release.

k
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I am working on resolving this but it is difficult as I do not have a linux system to see how it is expected to operate.

Can you provide me some screen shots of the Folder Browser showing how the Folder Path is being displayed at the top of the screen. On my Windows system it always has "/" between the folder levels and at the end of the last folder... as in "TV/Damages/"... how is this displayed on the Linux version?

Thanks

k
Old 07-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I have worked out the issue regarding where the current menus are stored. I will have the fix in the next release and until then all extenders from the same server will share the same menus. You can Enable or Disable ADM individually per extender but not have different menus... until the next release.

k
Looking forward to it. I have disabled ADM on my three other extenders (2x100s and 1x200). It works great on the family room HD300 though, which is where I really want it most anyway (since that's the room where babysitters and visitors use it, so I want it to be the most self-explanatory, and/or limited in menu content).

I don't know if you have the ability to save the properties files from each extender in its' respective "client properties" folder, but if not, I wouldn't even care if I had to manually save a distinctly-named properties file for each extender that I built. Whatever works...

Hey, have you done anything regarding the Sage-inherent security locking capabilities (as was added in the last Sage update)? I admit I have not even looked into it myself, but just read about it. Or, perhaps you could make the entry point (options/ADM manager) into a password-protected entry? Just a thought.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am working on resolving this but it is difficult as I do not have a linux system to see how it is expected to operate.

Can you provide me some screen shots of the Folder Browser showing how the Folder Path is being displayed at the top of the screen. On my Windows system it always has "/" between the folder levels and at the end of the last folder... as in "TV/Damages/"... how is this displayed on the Linux version?

Thanks

k
Don't worry about this request... I think I have it figured out. the issue was related to the fact that I use Combined Folders and you seem to be using Separate Folders (the default). Sage handles the Paths differently in these 2 modes but I think I have it working regardless of this setting and hopefully regardless if it's Linux or Windows.

It will be in the next release.

k
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looking forward to it. I have disabled ADM on my three other extenders (2x100s and 1x200). It works great on the family room HD300 though, which is where I really want it most anyway (since that's the room where babysitters and visitors use it, so I want it to be the most self-explanatory, and/or limited in menu content).

I don't know if you have the ability to save the properties files from each extender in its' respective "client properties" folder, but if not, I wouldn't even care if I had to manually save a distinctly-named properties file for each extender that I built. Whatever works...

Hey, have you done anything regarding the Sage-inherent security locking capabilities (as was added in the last Sage update)? I admit I have not even looked into it myself, but just read about it. Or, perhaps you could make the entry point (options/ADM manager) into a password-protected entry? Just a thought.
Yes... each Client/Extender will store the "current" menu in it's own properties specific to the Client/Extender... it works now in my tests. You can still export from one Extender and then import that Menu File into another extender and then modify it to become that Extenders new "current" Menu and it won't affect the other Extenders.

As for the Sage Permissions/Security API - I plan to look at this once ADM is stable and base functions are "complete" but I haven't even reviewed what it's purpose is yet... but it likely is the way I would handle locking edits of menus.

k
Old 07-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I copied the ADMexport that I created on my laptop and moved it to my Test Server where I imported it which uses an HD200 and it had no issue.

Maybe even though the menu is showing up, try doing the IMPORT? Maybe still needs to do the IMPORT for the "behind the scenes" hooks to work? Just a thought

Just wondering, do you use the same XML for the STV on the HD200 that you use on the HD300? Also, do you have all the same plugins installed?

Just a thought. No clue if any of that would have an impact or not.

Last edited by graywolf; 07-18-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I copied the ADMexport that I created on my laptop and moved it to my Test Server where I imported it which uses an HD200 and it had no issue.

Maybe even though the menu is showing up, try doing the IMPORT? Maybe still needs to do the IMPORT for the "behind the scenes" hooks to work? Just a thought

Just wondering, do you use the same XML for the STV on the HD200 that you use on the HD300? Also, do you have all the same plugins installed?

Just a thought. No clue if any of that would have an impact or not.
I tried importing the menu properties, no luck. And I don't have anything different between any of the extenders (all the same plugins, etc.). Oh, well, sounds like jusjoken has it figured out for the next release anyway.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I am close to having the next version ready and as I made rather LARGE changes under the hood and added a number of features it would be nice to have a few Testers look it over before I upload the release.

I am looking for 2-3 testers who have customized their menus and are will to try out the release prior to public release and who will provide feedback and issues.

Please PM me with your email address and I will get back to you likely tomorrow with a PluginDev manifest to try out.

k